PDA

View Full Version : Youth Project Pro Wrestling

Deadmans Sunshine
17-Feb-12, 11:52
Hello orgers. Been a long time since i hopped on the old org. Glad to see its still going strong.

Im looking to start up a project i have been working on for about a year and a half now, and im just curious to public interest or open thoughts on it.

As the header says i am looking to start a pro wrestling training/performance group. for young folk and young adults. older too. all aimed for fun family entertainment performance wise. with an end goal to put on once a month shows, with good ol butt whoopin storylines lol.

the real aspect to it is the training and focus for the youth as pro wrestling needs teamwork and discipline at all times. its one of the best cardio workouts and fun.

its also great for anyone who has been spurned or have stayed away from other physical activities. pro wrestling encourages all shapes and sizes to participate.

example, maybe your a little too hefty or even skinny for a sport, welcome arms on a pro wrestling team.

and just so everyone can be informed, its not like the days of steroids and baby oil lol. its a very modern affair and most towns in america have similar projects.

i have also noticed that the youth are still very much interested in pro wrestling. especially since the main televised brand wwe is a much more family friendly and entertainment orientated program now. one thing i am against and still see today, is young people performing outside on grass and astroturf and trampolines. i want to give them the proper enviroment and training necessary to have fun and not injure themselves.

there is nowhere that i am aware of in our area that operates such a group. the closest prowrestling performance group i can find is aberdeen. i feel this would be a success and good for the youth and adults in our area.when i say all age groups i mean all, as there are always more roles than a wrestler, managers, referees corporate villains, valets, managers. all fun. good fun,and a way to keep fit. meet new people. perform for the locals and be creative in creating their characters and alter egos. i would also love to include many other aspects of the local talent. example, local bands to create custom and original music for performers,for entrances to those not in the know. local apprentices at the college to design belts etc. possibly if doable (im not sure) local theatre groups to create wild and wonderful costumes for the performers.

oh well, thats all i guess, thanks for taking the time to read this little idea and personal dream of mine.

and remember any questions i will gladly answer. and without local interest or input, there can be no new ideas or projects.

thanks again.

woops, suppose i better mention im from thurso and it will be based there. with hopes of expanding to wick and around area. ie travelling shows. thats a long way down the line though. thanks again and please dont be shy. do comment.

Tilly Teckel
17-Feb-12, 13:56
Sounds like a great idea - hope it gets lots of support! Are girls welcome too? Well, I say 'girls', but as I'm 36 I should say 'ladies'! Sounds like a good way to keep fit :Razz

Deadmans Sunshine
17-Feb-12, 14:20
why thank you. girls would be welcome. but at the moment its male trainers, and some folks are a bit uncomfortable with that. what with all the holds and hands on. most females that trained in the places i learned were okay and understood. but thanks for the comment. hope to see more.

babybeenie2801
17-Feb-12, 16:18
i think this ia great idea my little boy loves wrestling and is always trying it out on his sister and getting told off for it but if he had somwhere he could do it safely i would certainly like to see him join in as he is wrestling crazy is this up and running yet or is it still in the making thanks

Deadmans Sunshine
17-Feb-12, 16:39
currently in the making. trying to work with local group in setting this up as i am only one man.

seeking funding at the moment.

it is something i would truly love to set up.

Deadmans Sunshine
18-Feb-12, 11:43
thanks to all who sent private messages asking questions and showing interest.