PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow United F.C.

Errogie
15-Feb-12, 17:09
Now with Rangers potentially going down the tube what a great opportunity to wind up the other bunch and form one football team.

Choice of strip that's easy mix blue and green and you get yellow but what to do about the religion, well, I would suggest they all convert to Budhism, as yellow seems to be one of their favourite colours.

Songs and battle cries could of course be reduced to deeply meditative and repetitive chants led by the team squatting cross legged on the centre line and feelings of mutual peace and goodwill would pervade the ground, in fact possibly become the main event. Too bad such an idea is never likely to convinced the majority of lobotomised neanderthals who promote and support the auld fiim!

gleeber
15-Feb-12, 17:25
What has 4 legs and more money than Glasgow Rangers.
Harry Redknapps dog.

golach
15-Feb-12, 17:28
Oh gleeber the wrath of the Far North club will be down on ye :lol:

teddybear1873
15-Feb-12, 17:38
The SPL. What a competitive league. Rangers get deducted 10 points and are "just" sitting in 2nd place.

9 points clear of third.

secrets in symmetry
15-Feb-12, 18:05
The SPL. What a competitive league. Rangers get deducted 10 points and are "just" sitting in 2nd place.

9 points clear of third.I noticed that too. It'd be great to go back to the days of the early to mid 1980s. :)

George Brims
15-Feb-12, 19:43
I noticed that too. It'd be great to go back to the days of the early to mid 1980s. :)
Or the late 70s, when the Dons actually won the thing now and again (yes, shocked younger readers, this actually happened!).

secrets in symmetry
15-Feb-12, 19:46
Or the late 70s, when the Dons actually won the thing now and again (yes, shocked younger readers, this actually happened!).That was the 1980s George. '80, '84 and '85 were the magic years. Don't forget four Scottish Cups in five years during the same period, and the Cup WInners' Cup in '83 - how could I forget that?

gleeber
15-Feb-12, 20:16
The editor of the Sun was questioned today and admitted they hacked into Ally McCoists phone and topped it up with a tenner.

gollach
15-Feb-12, 20:51
BREAKING NEWS: Heart of Midlothian and Rangers FC to merge. New club name HMRC. :lol:

Corrie 3
15-Feb-12, 21:47
BREAKING NEWS: Heart of Midlothian and Rangers FC to merge. New club name HMRC.
Get yer coat!!!

C3................:roll::roll:;)

Chalkie
15-Feb-12, 22:16
"Choice of strip that's easy mix blue and green and you get yellow"

Sorry to be picky, but blue and green mixed together would never make yellow. Broon maybe??

Dadie
15-Feb-12, 23:47
Blue and green would make a blueygreen colour unless you add the red as the Rangers other colour That will then make brown..,.my 3yo is better at her colours!

secrets in symmetry
15-Feb-12, 23:52
Chalkie and Dadie, you've got it wrong - Errogie wants to mix colours in light in order to create an enlightened football club. :cool:

mi16
16-Feb-12, 11:32
Glad to see everyone finds the potential loss of many, many jobs amusing.
Hope you are as jovial if your own company goes under or decides to let you go!

teddybear1873
16-Feb-12, 15:41
Glad to see everyone finds the potential loss of many, many jobs amusing.
Hope you are as jovial if your own company goes under or decides to let you go!

I'm an undertaker. My job will always be safe.

mi16
16-Feb-12, 15:46
not if your firm goes to the wall it wont.

teddybear1873
16-Feb-12, 15:53
not if your firm goes to the wall it wont.

Well, obviously someone got out the wrong side of the bed this morning.

mi16
16-Feb-12, 16:05
not at all, I just dont find any amusement in the fact that hundreds of jobs are at jeapordy yet this can be mocked.
I dont see threads mocking the impending closure of Dounreay or Rolls Royce and with it the loss of many jobs.

teddybear1873
16-Feb-12, 16:16
not at all, I just dont find any amusement in the fact that hundreds of jobs are at jeapordy yet this can be mocked.
I dont see threads mocking the impending closure of Dounreay or Rolls Royce and with it the loss of many jobs.

Don't get involved in the conversation if it upsets you that much.

mi16
16-Feb-12, 16:20
To be honest it wont affect my wages in any way shape of form so it doesnt upset me at all.
However I do feel for the folk that are going to be out of work over this, I guess it comes dowm to having a touch of respect for people. Which obviously something you lack, surprising really considering your line of work, hopefully you are kept on the shovel and not interacting with the public.

teddybear1873
16-Feb-12, 16:35
To be honest it wont affect my wages in any way shape of form so it doesnt upset me at all.
However I do feel for the folk that are going to be out of work over this, I guess it comes dowm to having a touch of respect for people. Which obviously something you lack, surprising really considering your line of work, hopefully you are kept on the shovel and not interacting with the public.

I have plenty respect thank you very much. Your having a rant on a light hearted thread and going overboard. I've seen some of your previous quotes, and I have come to the conclusion, your a compulsive moaner and very hard to please.

Have a great day.

mi16
16-Feb-12, 16:46
What is light hearted about unemployment?

teddybear1873
16-Feb-12, 17:26
What is light hearted about unemployment?

Who said anything about unemployment on this thread? Ohhhh, you did!!

This thread is about a team that I support 100% but don't support the wages they receive. There is going to be probably certain people laid of or get paid less.

The top three wage earners at Ibrox are captain Steven Davis, on £28,000 a week, £26,000-a-week goalkeeper Allan McGregor and defender Steven Whittaker, who pulls in £20,000-a-week.

For me that is too much. No player deserves that kind of money, I don't care who they are. Slash their wages by 75% and they still live a healthy life.

mi16
16-Feb-12, 17:39
Who said anything about unemployment on this thread? Ohhhh, you did!!

This thread is about a team that I support 100% but don't support the wages they receive. There is going to be probably certain people laid of or get paid less.

The top three wage earners at Ibrox are captain Steven Davis, on £28,000 a week, £26,000-a-week goalkeeper Allan McGregor and defender Steven Whittaker, who pulls in £20,000-a-week.

For me that is too much. No player deserves that kind of money, I don't care who they are. Slash their wages by 75% and they still live a healthy life.

Indeed I did bring up the matter of unemployment because that is the big issue here, not that the team will cease to exist.
I notice you quote the big earners at the club, you fail to mention the other staff like cleaners, catering, security, groundsmen etc etc I dont know the ins and outs of their wages but I am willing to bet it is no better than any other person of their discipline with alternate companies.
The players will remain to ensure the product is delivered, the disposable staff will not and it is them I feel sorry for.
Any players laid off will find new clubs fairly easily.

Out of interest when did you last attend a SPL game?

teddybear1873
16-Feb-12, 17:46
Indeed I did bring up the matter of unemployment because that is the big issue here, not that the team will cease to exist.
I notice you quote the big earners at the club, you fail to mention the other staff like cleaners, catering, security, groundsmen etc etc I dont know the ins and outs of their wages but I am willing to bet it is no better than any other person of their discipline with alternate companies.
The players will remain to ensure the product is delivered, the disposable staff will not and it is them I feel sorry for.
Any players laid off will find new clubs fairly easily.

Out of interest when did you last attend a SPL game?

Over 4 years ago was the last time.

The administrators will make cut backs on where money can be saved, which is the high earners. I honestly can't see them laying off the Tea Lady.

mi16
16-Feb-12, 17:53
the administrators make cut backs WHEREVER they can be made with still being able to deliver the product to the paying public, the non playing staff will be exactly where the immediate cutbacks are delivered.
You cannot sell players at the moment so they are hardly going to terminate the contract of a £10million rated keeper are they?
The tea lady can be paid off immediately.

4 years eh, I thought as much.

teddybear1873
16-Feb-12, 17:58
the administrators make cut backs WHEREVER they can be made with still being able to deliver the product to the paying public, the non playing staff will be exactly where the immediate cutbacks are delivered.
You cannot sell players at the moment so they are hardly going to terminate the contract of a £10million rated keeper are they?

Quite difficult for me to attend a match as I live 4000 miles away :cool:

mi16
16-Feb-12, 18:00
excuses, a true blue would make an effort

2little2late
16-Feb-12, 18:45
I have just heard on the grapevine Hearts and Rangers are to amalgamate. They will now be called HMRC [lol]

2little2late
16-Feb-12, 18:47
http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/297828-24m-loan-for-rangers-future-season-ticket-sales-went-to-owner-craig-whytes-company/ tut, tut

bcsman
16-Feb-12, 18:55
the true blues should make an effort and send their hard earned cash to save the rangers from this mess

excuses, a true blue would make an effort

mi16
16-Feb-12, 21:19
would it not be HMRFC?

mi16
16-Feb-12, 21:21
Where should they send their cash?
To a conman perhaps

Crackeday
17-Feb-12, 07:16
I have just heard on the grapevine Hearts and Rangers are to amalgamate. They will now be called HMRC [lol]
You obviously havent read the thread! That ones old now :(

Crackeday
17-Feb-12, 07:21
What maddens me about this is the fact that vodafone had a tax bill believed to be around 6 BILLION but the treasury accepted only 1.25 BILLION, wheras they are chasing rangers for around 50 MILLION with no deal, this smacks me of double standards and surely the missing 4.75 BILLION should be chased more vigorously than the 50 million? Either everybody pays what HMRC say or Every company can do a deal.

mi16
17-Feb-12, 09:52
Was it through the use of EBT's that Vodafone fell foul.
HMRC are not the bad guys in this Rangers are, if we owe the public purse £50m then it should be paid.
Provided of course that they are found guilty of tax evasion.

Errogie
17-Feb-12, 09:59
I can't work out whether it is down to the professional advisor's incompetence or criminal manipulation that a large business enterprise has run up against the buffers. The sporting side of the house seems to have been a success story for some years. But I suppose it's following the trend that yet another institution of our society to follow the banks, church and politicians by developing feet of clay.

If there was more space in the world and we could turn the clock back I would revert to our original nomadic existence, following the seasons and food supply and keeping well clear of settled society.

bcsman
17-Feb-12, 14:03
the conmen have made plenty from the true blues already

Where should they send their cash?
To a conman perhaps

mi16
17-Feb-12, 14:17
Im not sure I follow that, please elaborate!

bcsman
17-Feb-12, 14:35
where has the the money gone from the season ticket sales and the tax thay have deducted from the players wages?
please keep up mi16
Im not sure I follow that, please elaborate!

mi16
17-Feb-12, 14:44
where has the the money gone from the season ticket sales and the tax thay have deducted from the players wages?
please keep up mi16

You tell me?
The administrators have only been in for a couple of days and they are yet to know the full details.
The last they have said is that the ticketus deal was not done through Rangers FC books,so do Rangers owe Ticketus £24m or is it one of his other companies that have the debt?
The PAYE and VAT was used as working capital I am led to believe.

If he is guilty of all of the above though, how has this conned the average true blue?
I guess you could argue that tax evasion is conning the nation, if Rangers are in fact guilty of tax evasion.

Crackeday
17-Feb-12, 14:48
Was it through the use of EBT's that Vodafone fell foul.
HMRC are not the bad guys in this Rangers are, if we owe the public purse £50m then it should be paid.
Provided of course that they are found guilty of tax evasion.
But if Vodafone get away with 5BN worth of tax then so shouls ALL companies not just the big ones.
HMRC certainly arent the bad guys BUT treat everyone on an even keel, i.e if a company owes tax they pay ALL the tax and that should apply to ALL companies, fairs fair.

bcsman
17-Feb-12, 14:52
calm down mi16,i guess you must feel quite stupid handing your hard earned over to the conmen at the rangers over the last few years.
david murray is the biggest conman of them all,once the taxman looks into his questionable buissness deals he wont have a leg to stand on ;-)
You tell me?
The administrators have only been in for a couple of days and they are yet to know the full details.
The last they have said is that the ticketus deal was not done through Rangers FC books,so do Rangers owe Ticketus £24m or is it one of his other companies that have the debt?
The PAYE and VAT was used as working capital I am led to believe.

If he is guilty of all of the above though, how has this conned the average true blue?
I guess you could argue that tax evasion is conning the nation, if Rangers are in fact guilty of tax evasion.

mi16
17-Feb-12, 15:02
calm down mi16,i guess you must feel quite stupid handing your hard earned over to the conmen at the rangers over the last few years.
david murray is the biggest conman of them all,once the taxman looks into his questionable buissness deals he wont have a leg to stand on ;-)

On the contrary, any time I have been to watch The Rangers it has been a simple business transaction, I pay my money and get a ticket to the game in return which I then watch, simple deal done and no conning in the process.
I would have paid treble the price to watch some memorable moments like Helicopter Sunday, 9 in a row or operation tango.

PS I hope your jibe regarding Sir David Murray is not refering to his disability.
PPS Rangers may be guilty of fiddling the books, but they are not giulty of fiddling with minors.

bcsman
17-Feb-12, 15:09
tut tut mi16,you have quite a temper
to what disability are you referring? are you trying to say david murray is missing something?i knew he wasnt all there when he bought the rangers but thats just because he missing some much needed brain cells hahahaha

On the contrary, any time I have been to watch The Rangers it has been a simple business transaction, I pay my money and get a ticket to the game in return which I then watch, simple deal done and no conning in the process.
I would have paid treble the price to watch some memorable moments like Helicopter Sunday, 9 in a row or operation tango.

PS I hope your jibe regarding Sir David Murray is not refering to his disability.
PPS Rangers may be guilty of fiddling the books, but they are not giulty of fiddling with minors.

mi16
17-Feb-12, 15:15
tut tut mi16,you have quite a temper
to what disability are you referring? are you trying to say david murray is missing something?i knew he wasnt all there when he bought the rangers but thats just because he missing some much needed brain cells hahahaha

Forgive me, can you point out where my temper was lost?
I may have become mildly annoyed at your cheap digs at a disabled man.

Out of interest you are obviously privvy to some information on Sir David Murrays business dealings, can you elaborate on what is "questionable" about them at all?

bcsman
17-Feb-12, 15:19
well mi16,do you think rangers have got themselves into this mess in the last year since mr whyte took over the tin whistle?
its been going downhill for years my friend.

Forgive me, can you point out where my temper was lost?
I may have become mildly annoyed at your cheap digs at a disabled man.

Out of interest you are obviously privvy to some information on Sir David Murrays business dealings, can you elaborate on what is "questionable" about them at all?

mi16
17-Feb-12, 15:23
well mi16,do you think rangers have got themselves into this mess in the last year since mr whyte took over the tin whistle?
its been going downhill for years my friend.

Indeed it has, but that isnt wat I asked you.
I will repeat if you like "Out of interest you are obviously privvy to some information on Sir David Murrays business dealings, can you elaborate on what is "questionable" about them at all?"

bcsman
17-Feb-12, 15:28
just as much privvy as you have with the fiddling with minors jibe my friend.
its plain to see there have been dodgy dealings going on at ibrox for the past 25 years,probably alot longer,its caught up with them and has now bit them on the bum big time.
celtic was famous for keeping money in their biscuit tin,maybe david murray hid the missing rangers money in his tin legs when he left ibrox ;)
Indeed it has, but that isnt wat I asked you.
I will repeat if you like "Out of interest you are obviously privvy to some information on Sir David Murrays business dealings, can you elaborate on what is "questionable" about them at all?"

mi16
17-Feb-12, 15:37
just as much privvy as you have with the fiddling with minors jibe my friend.
its plain to see there have been dodgy dealings going on at ibrox for the past 25 years,probably alot longer,its caught up with them and has now bit them on the bum big time.
celtic was famous for keeping money in their biscuit tin,maybe david murray hid the missing rangers money in his tin legs when he left ibrox ;)

Are you questioning the fact the Mr Torbett interfered with minors? perhaps the link will jog your dodgy memory http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/213063.stm
You have yet to supply anything regarding any dodgy dealings at Rangers under the stewardship of Sir David Murray.
I think you will find that any missing monies have occured since Sir David Murray departed the Establishment.

bcsman
17-Feb-12, 15:49
I would love to stay and chat with you mi16 but i fear you just love confrontation and cant see past your blue tinted glasses.
I too am a rangers fan and found it quite amusing that you are digging deeper and deeper into celtic's mirky past to try ang get me to take your childish bait.
I stopped going to ibrox some years ago as i failed to see the connection with the club and the history of ireland the true blues always sung their hearts out too.
Sorry to dissapoint you but i do find it a shame that a big club like rangers have come to this and it can only be bad for scottish football.
The men at the ibrox boardroom have brought this club to its knees wether you like it or not with all the dodgy dealings over the years.
Cath you later mi16,i look forward to your extensive research of glasgow celtic,im glad you have the time :)
g
Are you questioning the fact the Mr Torbett interfered with minors? for what its work Jock Stein knew all about it also, perhsps the link will jog your dodgy memory http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/213063.stm
You have yet to supply anything regarding any dodgy dealings at Rangers under the stewardship of Sir David Murray.
I think you will find that any missing monies have occured since Sir David Murray departed the Establishment.

mi16
17-Feb-12, 15:57
Not much digging required my friend.
I still see you cannot back up your claims of questionable business dealings with fact.
"Fans" like you the club can do well without I am afraid.

bcsman
17-Feb-12, 18:34
hahahaha,i dont need to back my claims for anything,the administrators are doing all the digging to find the dodgy deals lol.
its "Fans" like you that made me question if it was a club worth supporting.
dry your eyes mate :)

Not much digging required my friend.
I still see you cannot back up your claims of questionable business dealings with fact.
"Fans" like you the club can do well without I am afraid.

mi16
17-Feb-12, 19:59
Still knocking around bud?
Im surprised you are not out sicking the sticks away from pensioners or something.

bcsman
17-Feb-12, 20:11
still here my friend.
not quite sure what sicking the sticks means but...
Once a person resorts to a personal attack the debate is lost. ;)

Still knocking around bud?
Im surprised you are not out sicking the sticks away from pensioners or something.

mi16
18-Feb-12, 13:36
still here my friend.
not quite sure what sicking the sticks means but...
Once a person resorts to a personal attack the debate is lost. ;)

Whoops I appear to have made a typo, damn and blast.
I guess you threw the debate a while back then with your attacks on the disabled.

bcsman
18-Feb-12, 14:42
Hello my friend
Thought you might be at ibroke today.Not much of a fan are you :)
Sorry you feel like i have attacked you,maybe there is a cure for your condition;)

Whoops I appear to have made a typo, damn and blast.
I guess you threw the debate a while back then with your attacks on the disabled.

gleeber
18-Feb-12, 14:56
So help me Ive tried not to expose myself to the indiscretions of the org after I was rebuked for poking fun at Rangers but the latest news deserves a mention. Harry Redknapp has turned down the chance of becoming next England manager and has instead been employed as a tax advisor to Glasgow Rangers FC.

golach
18-Feb-12, 15:07
Well done Gleeber, I liked that one [lol]

bcsman
18-Feb-12, 18:26
oh dear oh dear,not looking too good is it?
the gers must have missed your much needed diehard support;)
part time supporter eh,i thought as much :D

mi16
18-Feb-12, 18:34
Hello my friend
Thought you might be at ibroke today.Not much of a fan are you :)
Sorry you feel like i have attacked you,maybe there is a cure for your condition;)

My old my you are getting good at the personal attacks now arent you?
No it certainly is not looking good bot that todays result will make a jot of difference to the outcome of the season.
Were you at the game yourself today being a self proclaimed Rangers fan?

Crackeday
18-Feb-12, 18:59
Yes Rangers may be in a bad way but I thought this thread was supposed to be about the tax issue and not resorting to petty name calling and to-ing and fro-ing?
Theres facebook for that!!!!

bcsman
18-Feb-12, 19:20
hahaha
im sure you will dig yourself out of that hole you are in and reach the top,once you have grown up :lol:

My old my you are getting good at the personal attacks now arent you?
No it certainly is not looking good bot that todays result will make a jot of difference to the outcome of the season.
Were you at the game yourself today being a self proclaimed Rangers fan?

gleeber
19-Feb-12, 15:04
Getting back to the original post I notice no one took Errogie up on his description of the majority of old firm supporters as lobotomised neanderthals. :eek: I dont know if its the majority but I recognise the tag in a few Ive met. Ive never lost control over football but ive felt the emotion. Footballs a funny business indeed.
Latest news. Adminisrators for the Ibrox club have reported the first redundancies. Apparently 3 premier league referees and half a dozen linesmen were found to be on the payroll of the ibrox club. The redundancies were immediate and hopefully thatll be the end of that.

Crackeday
20-Feb-12, 12:51
Latest news. Adminisrators for the Ibrox club have reported the first redundancies. Apparently 3 premier league referees and half a dozen linesmen were found to be on the payroll of the ibrox club. The redundancies were immediate and hopefully thatll be the end of that.
I was discussing that with the boys down the lodge the other night ;)

mi16
20-Feb-12, 23:28
Getting back to the original post I notice no one took Errogie up on his description of the majority of old firm supporters as lobotomised neanderthals. :eek: I dont know if its the majority but I recognise the tag in a few Ive met. Ive never lost control over football but ive felt the emotion. Footballs a funny business indeed.

To be honest I dont think it is fair that the Rangers and Celtic fans are tagged as being the trouble makers in Scottish football, in my experience as a Rangers supporter the worst set of fans in it are Aberdeen, just a few weeks ago Glasgow was invaded by over 300 Abderdeen casuals who left women, children and OAP's terrified for their wellbeing. Following on from the Aberdeen fans I would then put the Hibs as a close second to them followed by the Arabs.

In the press it is always Rangers fans did this, or Celtic fans did that. We never hear of the other teams who are arguably worse. I guess this is due to the larger support that Rangers and Celtic attract and the constant media attention.

I would put Inverness as the best set of fans in the SPL, you can sit in their home stand as an away supporter and get no grief at all, however they are a young team with no backbone of support and a very dull atmosphere.

golach
20-Feb-12, 23:52
In the press it is always Rangers fans did this, or Celtic fans did that. We never hear of the other teams who are arguably worse. I guess this is due to the larger support that Rangers and Celtic attract and the constant media attention..
I live in close proximity to Easter Road Stadium, and see the antics of the Glasgow team supporters on a regular basis. urinating in Stair doorways, swilling Buckfast, Super lager and the like, they are no angels, now not all are like that I admit, but the majority are.

mi16
21-Feb-12, 00:08
I live in close proximity to Easter Road Stadium, and see the antics of the Glasgow team supporters on a regular basis. urinating in Stair doorways, swilling Buckfast, Super lager and the like, they are no angels, now not all are like that I admit, but the majority are.

I am not trying to suggest that they are the best behaved folk in the world, my point was that there are othere that are as bad if not worse that are never reported in the media.

golach
21-Feb-12, 00:30
Naw the Parkhead/Govan lot are one step above animals as far as I am concerned,

mi16
21-Feb-12, 10:34
Naw the Parkhead/Govan lot are one step above animals as far as I am concerned,

I would not compare the Dons, Hibs or Arabs with animals, out of respect for the animal kingdom.

golach
21-Feb-12, 11:33
I would not compare the Dons, Hibs or Arabs with animals, out of respect for the animal kingdom.
You missed out the 3rd worst supporters, the Jambos :lol:
And Dundee United supporters hae won awards from FIFA in1987 for being the best fair play supporters. Has Rangers or Celtic supporters won any awards......I think not.

mi16
21-Feb-12, 12:18
I think you will find that the Celtic fans were awarded by both FIFA and UEFA in 2003 for their fans behaviour after they were thumped in the UEFA cup final in Seville.

You are going back a quarter of a century with your plaudits for the Arabs a lot of the fans then will be dead now.

You make note of public drinking and urination being one of your gripes with the Glasgow fans, the tartan army and national rugby fans are often seen heavily intoxicated and consuming alchohol in public not to mention exposing themselves at the very sight of a TV camera, yet they are jolly craicsters!!

golach
21-Feb-12, 14:29
You make note of public drinking and urination being one of your gripes with the Glasgow fans, the tartan army and national rugby fans are often seen heavily intoxicated and consuming alchohol in public not to mention exposing themselves at the very sight of a TV camera, yet they are jolly craicsters!!
The Tartan Army nor the National rugby fans, urinate in my stairwell, so I cannont comment on them, it only the Glasgow fans who are the culprits. So Celtic won awards, well done them.

mi16
21-Feb-12, 14:47
The Tartan Army nor the National rugby fans, urinate in my stairwell, so I cannont comment on them, it only the Glasgow fans who are the culprits. So Celtic won awards, well done them.

I can understand your discontent if you are affected personally, is it exclusively Rangers and Celtic fans that pee on your stairs?
I guess that is purely down to logistics though, if you lived adjacent to Hampden or Murrayfield you may have a different outlook on things.
Yes they did win awards as much as it pains me to say it.

davth
21-Feb-12, 16:49
Okay Rangers have fiddled with taxes and Celtic have fiddled with kids. The Scotland fans and wonderful tartan army like to expose themselves from time to time but no real harm has been caused by any of this. I know the odd person gets a puddle of pee on their door step but that is a small price to pay for the great entertainment these clubs provide. Look at the many millions they generate for Scotland. You will always get some people causing trouble but the vast majority of fans supporting these clubs are very well behaved.

teddybear1873
21-Feb-12, 16:56
You missed out the 3rd worst supporters, the Jambos :lol:
And Dundee United supporters hae won awards from FIFA in1987 for being the best fair play supporters. Has Rangers or Celtic supporters won any awards......I think not.

Actually, the Celtic fans were awarded world football's 2003 Fair Play Award by Fifa for the "exemplary fair and cordial conduct" after 80,000 fans travelled to Seville for the game.

golach
21-Feb-12, 17:01
Actually, the Celtic fans were awarded world football's 2003 Fair Play Award by Fifa for the "exemplary fair and cordial conduct" after 80,000 fans travelled to Seville for the game.
Something new I learnt today, well done Celtic

Large John Was Aware
21-Feb-12, 23:01
Okay Rangers have fiddled with taxes and Celtic have fiddled with kids. The Scotland fans and wonderful tartan army like to expose themselves from time to time but no real harm has been caused by any of this. I know the odd person gets a puddle of pee on their door step but that is a small price to pay for the great entertainment these clubs provide. Look at the many millions they generate for Scotland. You will always get some people causing trouble but the vast majority of fans supporting these clubs are very well behaved.

The thing is davth, taxes can be paid, urine can be washed away, the tartan army can don underpants or refrain from lifting the kilt but child abuse cannot become undone. Sure the physical damage may heal but the mental scars will be forever lasting.

And on the subject of tax evasion, I wonder why Rangers are pursued with such vigour over their alleged tax evasion, yet not a cheep was heard from HMRC when celtic were blatantly cooking the books for decades with their fudged attendance figures. I wonder how much that has cost the public purse?

Aaldtimer
22-Feb-12, 04:09
The thing is davth, taxes can be paid, urine can be washed away, the tartan army can don underpants or refrain from lifting the kilt but child abuse cannot become undone. Sure the physical damage may heal but the mental scars will be forever lasting.

And on the subject of tax evasion, I wonder why Rangers are pursued with such vigour over their alleged tax evasion, yet not a cheep was heard from HMRC when celtic were blatantly cooking the books for decades with their fudged attendance figures. I wonder how much that has cost the public purse?

Welcome to the forum Large John. Whilst I'm in complete agreement in your comments re-child abuse, I'm really interested in your comment about Celtic "cooking the books"...more info needed methinks.

What's really puzzling me at the moment, is how someone who doesn't own the RFC is able to make a deal to sell the season tickets in advance of his ownership bid! Weird or what?:confused

Large John Was Aware
22-Feb-12, 08:32
Welcome to the forum Large John. Whilst I'm in complete agreement in your comments re-child abuse, I'm really interested in your comment about Celtic "cooking the books"...more info needed methinks.

What's really puzzling me at the moment, is how someone who doesn't own the RFC is able to make a deal to sell the season tickets in advance of his ownership bid! Weird or what?:confused

It was a bit of an open secret that during the 60's, 70's and 80's that Celtic Park would be packed out on matchdays yet the official attendance reported would be several thousand down on the capacity of Celtic Park in order to pay less money to HMRC.

I am not sure on the legalities of the takeover bid but it seems very much like the previous takeovers on Liverpool and Manchester Utd where the takeover is financed by borrowing on the asset. It makes shrewd business sense by Whyte, he has got himself the most sucsessful football club in history and he has only had to shell out a pound for it from his own pocket. I note he has now stated that he will "consider" handing the majority of his shares to the fans, I doubt that will be happening. From a Rangers fans perspective Mr Whyte is not a man to be trusted.

squidge
22-Feb-12, 09:03
Is there evidence that Celtic football club was complicit in the child abuse that happened? I understood it was one man! The whole rangers financial situation is disgraceful. How the board could allow the situation to become this bad is an insult to the fans and a shame for football as a whole. The old firm rivalry mean that the news is alive with "open secrets" and slurs from both sides but the track record of Craig Whyte suggests this might have been an option he was considering all the time. Its disappointing and a real shame.

gleeber
22-Feb-12, 10:46
I'm a football supporter but I dont take it too seriously. One of the stupidist things I ever heard was Bill Shankly claiming football was more important than life or death. For goodness sake its only a game and if theres any other importance to it, its got little to do with football. Such is the rivalry between football supporters. Its tribal, whatever that means and the rivalry between Celtic and Rangers is renowned the world over for its sectarian implications. Nothing whatsoever to do with football.
Anyway, the latest news may put an end to that rivalry once and for all. Theres a large green and white banner flying over Ibrox stadium this morning. It reads, ASDA opening here soon.

davth
22-Feb-12, 11:45
Earlier reports of the Asda Ibrox purchase have been talked down, a Tesco executivestated earlier that they had bought Scotland’s premier stadium (Ibrox)and intend to do nothing with it as per Tesco’s normal policy on land acquisitions.

mi16
22-Feb-12, 12:02
Earlier reports of the Asda Ibrox purchase have been talked down, a Tesco executivestated earlier that they had bought Scotland’s premier stadium (Ibrox)and intend to do nothing with it as per Tesco’s normal policy on land acquisitions.

haha good one davth, hopefully it wont be fenced off and left in piles of rubble though.
Craig Whyte is doing everything as he intended, he is out to make money pure and simple, I do think though that he underestimated the scrutiny that he was going to come under whilst completing his dealings.
What many seem to forget here is that Rangers are not in Adminisration because of the EBT case, it is because he could not pay the PAYE and VAT contributions that were due. The EBT is totally seperate and this is what may force liquidation, however the use of EBT's at the time may have been unwise (with hindsight) but it was not outlawed. the HMRC have since looked at the rangers case (as a test case basis) and decided that they have grounds to pursue them for the taxes they think are due. As it stands rangers owe the HMRC £9,000,000 (of which £4,000,000 (ish) is in dispute) and that is it.
The rest is pure speculation.

teddybear1873
22-Feb-12, 15:35
BREAKING NEWS;
A lotto winner has just bought Rangers.
Stunned family members said they'd hate to have seen what he'd bought if he got four numbers up.

picturegifts
22-Feb-12, 17:00
BREAKING NEWS;
A lotto winner has just bought Rangers.
Stunned family members said they'd hate to have seen what he'd bought if he got four numbers up.

If he had got four numbers up he would have been able to buy Celtic. Five numbers and he could have bought entire SPL

davth
22-Feb-12, 18:16
Celtic qualify for UEFA league 2011 – via the back door.
Celtic win 2011/2012 SPL – via the back door.
Celtic Boys Club initiation – via the back door.

Bazeye
22-Feb-12, 20:54
Am I allowed to put a vid on here of the reaction to the news from the CSC in The Knights in Barrow?

Crackeday
23-Feb-12, 08:23
I noticed that Craig whyte mentioned the deal done by Vodafone that I mentioned earlier. It does seem to be that Rangers are being treated rather harshly by the HMRC. If they will negotiate with one company then they should negotiate with all. From what I believe there are quite a few clubs in England who have used EBT's and Rangers are a "test case" by the HRMC. What would be the legalities if Rangers are hit with the "full whack" and then the english clubs are dealt with on a "quieter" basis?.
I am not defending the mess that Rangers are in but i just hope that they are treated fairly and not Hung out to dry while others "get away with it".

mi16
23-Feb-12, 09:52
I noticed that Craig whyte mentioned the deal done by Vodafone that I mentioned earlier. It does seem to be that Rangers are being treated rather harshly by the HMRC. If they will negotiate with one company then they should negotiate with all. From what I believe there are quite a few clubs in England who have used EBT's and Rangers are a "test case" by the HRMC. What would be the legalities if Rangers are hit with the "full whack" and then the english clubs are dealt with on a "quieter" basis?.
I am not defending the mess that Rangers are in but i just hope that they are treated fairly and not Hung out to dry while others "get away with it".

What makes you say we are being reaed harshly?
We dont even kow the outcome of the case yet or do you think it should never even get to court?
Dont forget Craig Whyte is a habitual liar and if he said the Thurso mart was a pile of rubble I would drive past to check.

mi16
23-Feb-12, 09:53
Celtic qualify for UEFA league 2011 – via the back door.
Celtic win 2011/2012 SPL – via the back door.
Celtic Boys Club initiation – via the back door.

It certainly seems they have a preference for the rear exit doesnt it?
or should that be entrance?
lol

Crackeday
23-Feb-12, 14:17
What makes you say we are being reaed harshly?
We dont even kow the outcome of the case yet or do you think it should never even get to court?
Dont forget Craig Whyte is a habitual liar and if he said the Thurso mart was a pile of rubble I would drive past to check.
The way that HMRC have chased after Rangers like a dog after a bone, even when offers were made to reduce the debt.
TBH i think Rangers could win or get a reduction in the "big" tax case, its just the amount of appeals and length of time that would leave the club with an uncertain future.

mi16
23-Feb-12, 14:51
I dont think they are like a dog with a bone at all.
If you were owed money by another party, do you think it is unreasonable to expect it all back?
I think Rangers have a decent shout in the EBT case, I cannot see the bill being in excess of £40m due to the grey area that EBT's were. I would hazard a guess at somewhere in the region of £15m to £20m, but that is a pure guess based on no knowledge of the case.

I think Whyte is being offered very little room to manouvre but that is because he has previous for winding up companies and not paying their dues, I dare say HMRC know all about him and his ways and I dont think he will be on their xmas card list.

mi16
23-Feb-12, 15:11
I see it has emerged that Mr Whyte has mortaged the catering at Rangers to finance the upgrade of the kitchens.
Talk about cooking the books!!

gleeber
23-Feb-12, 22:15
The taxmans very patient. Rangers will have had ample opportunities to come to an arrangement. The adminstrators beginning to clear a few jobs now and that's not funny but I think big clubs must carry a lot of deadwood on its payroll. Itll be interesting to see how it develops.