PDA

View Full Version : Isauld Burn ,Reay, what's going on?

Kenn
15-Feb-12, 16:51
There are diggers, load of hard core being laid in a field just along the Westfield road past the Isauld Burn bridge.
Are we getting a new bridge and the old 1 being made redundant, any one know?

Have tried looking up current projects within the county but have drawn a blank.

Eilanboy
15-Feb-12, 17:41
There are diggers, load of hard core being laid in a field just along the Westfield road past the Isauld Burn bridge.
Are we getting a new bridge and the old 1 being made redundant, any one know?

Have tried looking up current projects within the county but have drawn a blank.

Will it not have something to do with the windfarm at Baillie Hill

badger
15-Feb-12, 17:59
Probably is. If you want to see where Baillie windfarm is, the Grid Ref by Baillie on this list is a link to a map

http://www.caithnesswindfarms.co.uk/page5.htm#CaithnessWindfarms

Windfarm construction is going on everywhere these days so might as well get used to it.

secrets in symmetry
15-Feb-12, 18:10
A UFO crashed there last night. The digger drivers are plain clothes operatives from Area 51.

Kenn
15-Feb-12, 19:08
I know where Baillie windfarm is being constructed and the acess for that is some miles along the Westfield road, this is at the junction of the A836 just by the junction.

Rheghead
15-Feb-12, 19:18
It may have something to do with the Dounreay to Beauly 275kV upgrade.

Rheghead
15-Feb-12, 19:30
Having looked at the map, it looks like the earthworks are lining up with the existing line of pylons as if they are changing the route of the northernmost part of the line to go south of the A836 so avoiding Isauld farm.

cra85
15-Feb-12, 20:05
they are widening the corner for the big lorries that are transporting windmill parts as they cant go over westfield bridge.

Claw
15-Feb-12, 21:29
The work is to allow access for turbines for the strathy wind farm

ywindythesecond
16-Feb-12, 00:48
I know where Baillie windfarm is being constructed and the acess for that is some miles along the Westfield road, this is at the junction of the A836 just by the junction.

The parts will come from Scrabster and the left turn at Reay Bridge is too tight.
The chickens are coming home to roost.

joxville
16-Feb-12, 01:39
How many turbines will be needed to offset the carbon footprint created by the work being done to the bridge/road?

mi16
16-Feb-12, 11:27
it is 100% for the Baillie windfarm

Green_not_greed
16-Feb-12, 12:00
I believe that it is for the Baillie windfarm to allow turning for the turbine transports. However this is not what was proposed by the developers in their support documents - turbine turning was supposed to be in an area between Isauld burn cottage and the wooden houses. They may have messed up in their assessment, but I don't recall any additional planning permission being requested or advertised for the works now going on.

And if they messed this up, what else has been messed up? What a bunch of cowboys.

Rheghead
16-Feb-12, 20:51
You can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs I suppose.