PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing on Valentine's Night?

secrets in symmetry
14-Feb-12, 23:48
I didn't get any cards, flowers or presents today, and I'm in the house all on my own. It's peaceful and quiet, the Casillero del Diablo is good, and I'm very happy.

Are you having a good Valentine's Night?

squidge
14-Feb-12, 23:57
Yes i am, I have had a funny old day and did something new and interesting. Im flattered and grateful for the feedback i have been given from family and friends. I have had no cards and havent given any but Im happy and loved so Im having a lovely evening!

secrets in symmetry
15-Feb-12, 00:06
Good for you! :cool:

I expected to be called a sad git, and be told to get a life lol!

I'm waiting for some suggestions on how to get a life from linnie612. Perhaps I might even get an offer of help, although I daren't even begin to contemplate what that offer might involve!

squidge
15-Feb-12, 00:11
Seems to me that a nice glass of red and a peaceful evening is more than enough life for a tuesday night.

trix
15-Feb-12, 00:47
happy valentines day til all 'e single chickies oot ayre!

i niver got any cairds either so am no loved by anyone...cept friends an' faimly...blah blah :roll: i did send one til 'e bygie next door so he's all delited.

its ma night off so im hevin a gurlie nite...

hed a shower, lit some rose scented candles, put some rollers in ma hair...painted ma toenails black an' now am drinkin some rosy wine an' chillin oot, beeg style. ma whole hoose is sittin lek a peen an' it makes 'e relaxation so much better. tidy hoose, tidy mind an' all 'at.

ma neighbour came in an' we hed some oatcakes an' melon. she's gone now so am watchin desperate hoosewives, sprawled all over 'e couch, ma rollers deegin intil ma heid.

am readin 'the selfish gene' by richard dawkins ifanow so gona cosy up in ma beid soon wi' a cup o' tea an' ma book - life is choost 'e way i lek'ed :cool:

apart fie 'e rollers deegin intil ma heid, i keep wakenin up in 'e middle o' 'e nite thinkin am wearin a hat!

Dadie
15-Feb-12, 01:04
For all those attached and with kids ..Im scraping up sick...and placating kids ...............not well!
So much for romance....

annemarie482
15-Feb-12, 01:41
i'm chilling watching some films on tv (currently "the bodyguard" and before that "twilight" and what a waste of time that was....)
but enjoying the peace with all 3 kids (under5yrs) long bedded!
oh is still offshore, but gets home friday :D
so planning for his birthday on sat instead as well as online shopping for our wedding in june.
multi tasking at its best!!

Dadie
15-Feb-12, 13:42
I did get a card....I gave himself a card too
I made hubby Cullen Skink (one of his faves)
I made heart shaped biscuits with the girls(not Euan as he was still recovering from being ill the night before)...so things were looking good for having a nice night in ...had 2 puddings done, a choc cheesecake for us and a jelly with strawberries in for the kids.
But it wasnt a good week for us anyway as the kids all took it in turns to catch the vomiting bug thats doing the rounds....
So last night I was up twice stripping a bed and scrubbing the carpet and throwing a child in the bath to get scrubbed!
Not the best Valentines day really!

Corrie 3
15-Feb-12, 13:45
I expected to be called a sad git, and be told to get a life lol!

Mmmm!!................."If the cap fits.....................!!!

C3................[disgust][disgust]

secrets in symmetry
15-Feb-12, 18:03
For all those attached and with kids ..Im scraping up sick...and placating kids ...............not well!
So much for romance....My evening alone with a bottle of wine was much more romantic than that!

I hope the kids are feeling better today.

secrets in symmetry
14-Feb-13, 22:50
I didn't get any cards, flowers or presents today, and I'm in the house all on my own. It's peaceful and quiet, the Casillero del Diablo is good, and I'm very happy.

Are you having a good Valentine's Night?One year on, and nothing has changed.

I'm even drinking the same wine! :cool:

Alrock
14-Feb-13, 23:29
Being an atheist I went for the "Pre-Christian" form of celebration...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/sex/valentines-day/7187784/History-of-Valentines-Day.html

:eek::lol:

George Brims
15-Feb-13, 00:55
Seems to me that a nice glass of red and a peaceful evening is more than enough life for a tuesday night.
Must have been more than one glass Squidge - it's Thursday now!

ducati
15-Feb-13, 01:10
One year on, and nothing has changed.

I'm even drinking the same wine! :cool:

Not me, If I open a bottle of wine I have to drink it all in the same year. :eek:

secrets in symmetry
15-Feb-13, 01:18
Not me, If I open a bottle of wine I have to drink it all in the same year. :eek:Tonight's was a different bottle. I'm saving the rest of last year's bottle for when I meet Violet again. :cool: