PDA

View Full Version : Sweet sixteen.

porshiepoo
04-Nov-06, 23:51
My daughters turn 16 next March and I'm looking for ideas for a birthday bash!
Is there anywhere decent around that does whatever it is that teenagers like to do nowadays? Or is it more sophisticated?
I kinda hope they'll settle for something over a couple of days thats down scale from a big do, such as a meal out with all their mates one day and paintballing and quad biking the next (I have pretty outgoing girls). How much is the lybster limo for the night? Or is there a better one around? (Not that I'm dissing the Lybster one, it looks very smart).

Any ideas, however radical, greatly appreciated.

KCI
05-Nov-06, 00:09
I hired the limo last year for a birthday party.

I think it was around £90/£100 for about an hour, but it was really good, and the girls all thought it was fantastic. They still talk about it even now - it's a once in a blue moon experience, and something they will always remember.

I think it is the only limo in Caithness, but I'm not sure.

porshiepoo
05-Nov-06, 00:58
Thanks for that, I'm sure they're going to want to have one as they're always going on about such things. I wonder if it can be booked to hang around for the entire night though???????????

I recieved a pm from a fellow orger and subsequently I'm now also looking into an activity day. I've emailed one at the muir of ord but I was wondering what activities other than the ones I mentioned above there are around here? I also have an awful feeling that they're gonna want to do things entirely seperately - which is fair enough - it just makes things more awkward.

paris
05-Nov-06, 10:16
I think they would want to visit their auntie jan on their birthday !!! just a thought LOL :roll:

taylor.4
05-Nov-06, 17:35
My daughters turn 16 next March and I'm looking for ideas for a birthday bash!
Is there anywhere decent around that does whatever it is that teenagers like to do nowadays? Or is it more sophisticated?
I kinda hope they'll settle for something over a couple of days thats down scale from a big do, such as a meal out with all their mates one day and paintballing and quad biking the next (I have pretty outgoing girls). How much is the lybster limo for the night? Or is there a better one around? (Not that I'm dissing the Lybster one, it looks very smart).

Any ideas, however radical, greatly appreciated.I've the same problem my son is also 16 in march, was thinking of paintballing for him and his pals. not sure what else to do.:roll:

young_fishin_neep
05-Nov-06, 19:58
i turn 16 next year in june, i know its a long wait away but i am hopeing to be able to go quad biking in the day and bowling. an in the night i would like the for an hour then go out for a bit with mates then have a few people staying at the house. it all depends an what ur daughter likes doing as to what you can arrange, sit her down and ask her what she would like to do for her birthday, i want to make mine a full day to remember

hope your taking note mum :)

kaz xxx

dpw39
06-Nov-06, 17:36
Hows about a Helicopter trip round Caithness, that would blow their socks off :lol:

Ciao,

saxovtr
06-Nov-06, 17:38
go karts in invergordon are fun;)

The Angel Of Death
06-Nov-06, 18:53
3L bottle of super cider and 20 fags !!!

That would be a welcome prezzie for most 16 year olds i know !!!

On a serious note went quad biking last year and it was fantastic how no one died was beyond me even had one that managed to run them selves over after falling off the quad bike !!!

mareng
07-Nov-06, 16:38
3L bottle of super cider and 20 fags !!!

That would be a welcome prezzie for most 16 year olds i know !!!

On a serious note went quad biking last year and it was fantastic how no one died was beyond me even had one that managed to run them selves over after falling off the quad bike !!!

Not the best advice, given Porshiepoo's other post!

funky-dunky
07-Nov-06, 17:11
your daughter is very lucky as i turnt 16 last may and i didnt have anything for my birthday. i wanted to go into a limo but couldnt afford it. then i fell pregnant with twins a month after my 16th.