PDA

View Full Version : Russell Brand

Kaishowing
04-Nov-06, 22:32
Okay...I know this is a bit random to say the least.......But am I just getting old, or is Russell Brand one of the most unfunny people on TV???
Think the same about Harry Hill by the way.

I don't care if it is an age thing....but I'd like to know if it's that, or he truly is unfunny as I think.

Alice in Blunderland
04-Nov-06, 23:03
Agree with you on this one.:confused I find him a pain so dont watch him on tv.

MadPict
04-Nov-06, 23:05
He is a prat - and he has managed to get a slot on BBC Radio 2 -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/about/pressrelease_russellbrand.shtml

So now you can add "Unfunniest People On The Radio"....

I wonder how long it will be before he refers to certain parts of his anatomy as he was always doing during the Big Brother show - he is completely unfunny (up there with Chris Evans). Oh sorry, someone finds him 'funny' -

Russell was also crowned Funniest Man at the Loaded Laftas Comedy Awards.
Hmmm, guess that Loaded is on par with the Daily Sport.....

Cedric Farthsbottom III
04-Nov-06, 23:10
Russell Brand is a funny guy.The King of the Dinkle.One o' the rising stars of stand up.He makes me laugh,cos like oor Billy he can take any topic and turn it into a humerous pun.Humour is a hard thing to do,tell a joke and ye will have two answers.Hysterics or no hysterics.

My mother told me my first dirty joke it was a classic!!!!:lol: :lol:

Cattach
04-Nov-06, 23:16
Russell Brand is a funny guy.The King of the Dinkle.One o' the rising stars of stand up.He makes me laugh,cos like oor Billy he can take any topic and turn it into a humerous pun.Humour is a hard thing to do,tell a joke and ye will have two answers.Hysterics or no hysterics.

Russell Brand - never heard of him. If he is like the Billy I assume you are referring to then he can stay anonymous to me!

Alice in Blunderland
04-Nov-06, 23:20
Russell Brand - never heard of him. If he is like the Billy I assume you are referring to then he can stay anonymous to me!
Fat bloke on telly tells you horoscopes.
ooops no hes the skinny bloke loads of hair no brains on channel fours Big Brothers Big Mouth:cool:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
04-Nov-06, 23:21

Russell Brand is the guy who presents Big Brothers Big Mouth.A young comedian in his newbie days.Makes me laugh everytime.The Billy I spoke of is Sir Billy of Connolly....the funniest man on earth,in my opinion.They both have one thing in common,although they are from different generations,they make me laugh.:lol: :lol:

footie chick
04-Nov-06, 23:31
Don't like Russell Brand {dont really like anyone called Russell} not that I know many?????

Love Peter Kay

martin macdonald
04-Nov-06, 23:34
Okay...I know this is a bit random to say the least.......But am I just getting old, or is Russell Brand one of the most unfunny people on TV???

I don't care if it is an age thing....but I'd like to know if it's that, or he truly is unfunny as I think.
who is russell brand:eek: ?

moonshadow
04-Nov-06, 23:44
russell brand is like billy connelly?? never

billy, although he tells somewhat blue jokes, is an intelligent and funny comedian. russell is just cheap and vulgar and far to impressed with his own hype.

candyfloss
04-Nov-06, 23:45
I can't stand the guy, i think he's a bit creepy :eek:

come to think of it he's a lot creepy

Cedric Farthsbottom III
04-Nov-06, 23:53
russell brand is like billy connelly?? never

billy, although he tells somewhat blue jokes, is an intelligent and funny comedian. russell is just cheap and vulgar and far to impressed with his own hype.

Billy Connolly ye say isnae vulgar like oor Russell.The Jobby Weecha!!!!!....one of Billys true classics.Vulgar and hilarious!!!!:lol: :lol:

moonshadow
05-Nov-06, 00:03
i didnt say billy wasnt vulgar. i know he tells dirty jokes, i was saying that billy is a funny man with intelligence.
russell, on the other hand, only thinks he is funny. he relies on his cheap potty mouth. none of his jokes are funny, he merely throws in the odd comment about parts of his anatomy and gets cheap laughs.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
05-Nov-06, 00:06
i didnt say billy wasnt vulgar. i know he tells dirty jokes, i was saying that billy is a funny man with intelligence.
russell, on the other hand, only thinks he is funny. he relies on his cheap potty mouth. none of his jokes are funny, he merely throws in the odd comment about parts of his anatomy and gets cheap laughs.

Moonshadow,Russell throws in cheap gags about his anatomy.Oor Billy once said ye know when ye are getting old when ye are lying naked in yer bed,look down below and ye see yer first grey pube.Billy is funnier than Russell,but their both funny.:lol: :lol:

WeeBurd
05-Nov-06, 00:11
Cedric, I'm with you on this one, Billy and Russell are both very funny men in their own ways.

Russell has done a cracking job on Big Mouth the last couple of years, his audience interactions are hilarious, he's very quickwitted. Unfortunately, IMO it's his tabloid exploits that let him down, got sick of reading about his mischief over the Edinburgh Festival. :roll:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
05-Nov-06, 00:18
Cedric, I'm with you on this one, Billy and Russell are both very funny men in their own ways.

Russell has done a cracking job on Big Mouth the last couple of years, his audience interactions are hilarious, he's very quickwitted. Unfortunately, IMO it's his tabloid exploits that let him down, got sick of reading about his mischief over the Edinburgh Festival. :roll:

Yer right his tabloid exploits has let him doon.But then his days of comedy are now when all celebrities lives are under the magnifying glass o' the media.Billy was lucky in the young days o' his career when he was judged on what he did on stage.

Bet ye today his exploits would have put the Dinkles stories to shame.:lol:

scorrie
05-Nov-06, 00:39

I will bet you £100 that in twenty years time hardly anyone on the planet will know who Russell Brand is.

Russell Hobbs is funnier.

willowbankbear
05-Nov-06, 06:21

Russel brand doesnt matter in my eyes, I think he is as funny as a dose of Syphyllus(spelling).

cullbucket
05-Nov-06, 09:15
I never liked him, in those multicoloured jumpers on GMTV, his horoscopes never seemed to ring true to me....

Ricco
05-Nov-06, 09:41
Russell Brand, Caroline Tate - both just as bad. I cannot stand people whho use the foul-language shock tactic to try to raise humour. People laugh more out of embarrassment than in humour. I was watching Open All Hours the other night - now that sort of stuff is classic humour - subtle, funny.. and harmless.

Dreadnought
05-Nov-06, 10:49
Russell Brand, Caroline Tate - both just as bad. I cannot stand people whho use the foul-language shock tactic to try to raise humour. People laugh more out of embarrassment than in humour. I was watching Open All Hours the other night - now that sort of stuff is classic humour - subtle, funny.. and harmless.

You leave Catherine Tate alone! Her characters are based on acute observation of modern society and are hilarious! Everyone knows a 'am I bovvered tho?' teenager! :lol: She's far funnier than Russell 'one-joke' Brand.

WeeBurd
05-Nov-06, 11:07
You leave Catherine Tate alone! Her characters are based on acute observation of modern society and are hilarious! Everyone knows a 'am I bovvered tho?' teenager! :lol: She's far funnier than Russell 'one-joke' Brand.

Aye, Dreadnought, a very funny lady indeed, one of the few shows I laugh out loud at! It's an absolute disgrace she's no won any telly or comedy awards yet!!

scorrie
05-Nov-06, 13:48

Maybe Caroline Tate is less funny than Catherine?

Hard to imagine though, her style leaves me cold. Perhaps the observation is acute but it's not acutely funny to me. French and Saunders were another act that did nothing for me, I think they thought latterly that if they were cruder they could be as funny as male comedians. I personally feel that comedy is one of those things that men do better.

connieb19
05-Nov-06, 14:26
I've never heard of Russell Brand. :confused I really don't like Roy Chubby Brown though.

willowbankbear
05-Nov-06, 14:55
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/willowbankbear/Russell_Brand_07.jpg

This pic is Russell Brand

airdlass
05-Nov-06, 15:12
Aye, Dreadnought, a very funny lady indeed, one of the few shows I laugh out loud at! It's an absolute disgrace she's no won any telly or comedy awards yet!!

WeeBurd,Dreadnought I have to agree with you - one of the funniest programs on the telly at the moment.

angela5
05-Nov-06, 15:55
Find it very hard to understand a word Russell Brand says, he has a right slevery mouth.

percy toboggan
05-Nov-06, 16:03
I have no idea who Mr BRand is. I laught at Catherine Tate but often reproach myself for doing so. The 'language/interpreter sketch last week was so very funny - I almost fell off my chair.

Billy Boy
05-Nov-06, 16:14
I will bet you £100 that in twenty years time hardly anyone on the planet will know who Russell Brand is.

Russell Hobbs is funnier.

lmao spot on lol[lol]

i put russell brand in the same catagory as little briton the biggest load of crap on televison and to put russell brand on the same pedistal as the one and only billy connolly, wash your mouth out with some carbolic soap Cedric LOL :eek: