PDA

View Full Version : Two Thursa Worthies

golach
04-Nov-06, 21:28
Two Kaitness Worthies, Angy and Billy Boy, were on a trip to London.
Walking down the street Angy’s attention was suddenly grabbed by a sign in a shop window. It read: "Suits £5. Shirts £2. Trousers £2.50."
Angy says to his mate, "Billy Boy see ‘at chec! We could buy a load o’ claes, an’ when we get back till Thursa, we could make a beeg fortune." "Noo, ye hev heard whit these cheils fae London are lek, sharks even. When we go in till’e shoap you keep queit, eh? leave aaal ‘e spekan till me, ‘cos if they hear wur accents they will try an rip us off.
"Sure thing Chec" said Billy Boy, ye will no hear a peep oot o’ me.
They went in till ‘e shop and Angy started his patter, "Good Morning my Fine Fellow, I’ll take 50 suits at £5 each, 100 shirts at £2 each, and 50 pairs of trousers at 32.50 each, and I will bring the car to the door and.........."
The Shopkeeper interrupted him, "Well lads, first time in the big city, is it?" "Well...aye it is." said a surprised Angy, "How did ye ken?"
The shopkeeper sighed, "This is a Dry Cleaners," he said.

Billy Boy
04-Nov-06, 21:38
speaking as mr billy boys better half and knowing mr ac i reckon yer spot on there lol.
their a bit like laurel and hardy but am no saying which one is which [lol]

changilass
04-Nov-06, 21:43
Knowing AC''s liking for pies, jaffa cakes and the rest I think we can guess:lol:

Billy Boy
04-Nov-06, 21:59
one day golach went to a doctor to talk about his wife. He says to the doctor, "Doctor, I think my wife is deaf because she never hears me the first time and always asks me to repeat things."

"Well," the doctor replied, "go home and tonight stand about fifteen feet from her and say something to her. If she doesn't reply, move about five feet closer and say it again. Keep doing this so that we'll get an idea about the severity of her deafness."

Sure enough, the husband goes home and does exactly as instructed. He starts off about fifteen feet from his wife in the kitchen, as she is chopping some vegetables and says, "Honey, what's for dinner?" He hears no response.

He moves about five feet closer and asks again. No reply. He moves five feet closer. Still no reply.

He gets fed up and moves right behind her, about an inch away, and asks again, "Honey, what's for dinner?" She replies, "For the fourth time, vegetable stew!" [lol]

changilass
04-Nov-06, 23:18
Mrs Golach does say he just don't listen:lol: but he makes a fine bowl of soup (creep creep, grovel grovel)

footie chick
04-Nov-06, 23:34
Mrs Golach does say he just don't listen:lol: but he makes a fine bowl of soup (creep creep, grovel grovel)

What kind of soup haven't seen any in the recipe section? looking for some new ideas.

changilass
04-Nov-06, 23:38
He's put a microwave minestrone in there but his best one is tattie soup its yummy

acameron
05-Nov-06, 18:18
.........."
The Shopkeeper interrupted him, "Well lads, first time in the big city, is it?" "Well...aye it is." said a surprised Angy, "How did ye ken?"
The shopkeeper sighed, "This is a Dry Cleaners," he said.

How am I meant to know it was a dry cleaners!!!

golach
06-Nov-06, 11:27
one day golach went to a doctor to talk about his wife. He says to the doctor, "Doctor, I think my wife is deaf because she never hears me the first time and always asks me to repeat things."

"Well," the doctor replied, "go home and tonight stand about fifteen feet from her and say something to her. If she doesn't reply, move about five feet closer and say it again. Keep doing this so that we'll get an idea about the severity of her deafness."

Sure enough, the husband goes home and does exactly as instructed. He starts off about fifteen feet from his wife in the kitchen, as she is chopping some vegetables and says, "Honey, what's for dinner?" He hears no response.

He moves about five feet closer and asks again. No reply. He moves five feet closer. Still no reply.

He gets fed up and moves right behind her, about an inch away, and asks again, "Honey, what's for dinner?" She replies, "For the fourth time, vegetable stew!" [lol]
LOL, actually I tried this out on Mrs G, and got a similar answer from her, [lol]