PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming Myth or Fact

Osbacky
11-Feb-12, 03:43
I think the media is responsible for popularizing the fear that increases in carbon dioxide emissions will lead to upset in the global climate structure. The truth is some parts of this new climate pattern are not completely understood and scientists are still researching maybe haven't got a clue about mother nature. There are some myths about Global Warming that have been repeated and magnified so many times by so many people that most people accept them on blind faith without thinking, some myths and assumptions on Global Warming followers are just plain untrue especially the assumption that man is reasonable and the main cause for climate change or global warming, I think the volcanic activity in recent years have put that one to bed.

I think I'll get accused again of copy and paste:roll:

joxville
11-Feb-12, 05:39
You may not be accused of copying and pasting but I can guarantee that as long as there's a hole in my backside you will be accused of being a denier, or of burying your head in the sand, or of being of low intelligence. Or all three. Re: the volcanic activity you alluded to in your post, it'll be nothing compared to the eruption and fall-out that is certain to occur in this thread. You have been warned!

Blackbird
11-Feb-12, 08:05
Got my cup of tea, chair pulled up ready to watch this unfold [para]

PS: To keep on thread I do think global warming is occurring, too many chunks of ice are falling off the poles, something is causing it.

John Little
11-Feb-12, 09:12
This reminds me of the soldier at Waterloo warned not to stick his foot out to stop a rolling cannon-ball.....

Corrie 3
11-Feb-12, 10:58
*** Yawn*** !!!

Does anyone know what time Tesco opens today?

C3................:roll::roll:

pumkin
11-Feb-12, 11:45
It's happening naturally;

http://ossfoundation.us/projects/environment/global-warming/natural-cycle

H (http://ossfoundation.us/projects/environment/global-warming/natural-cycle)owever, ofcourse we're polluting our planet. We litter on land & dirty our oceans & put toxins into the air.

Global Warming & Pollution are two different subjects. There's absolutely nothing we can do to stop Global Warming, but there's plenty we can do to get Pollution levels down.

Rheghead
11-Feb-12, 11:46
I think the media is responsible for popularizing the fear that increases in carbon dioxide emissions will lead to upset in the global climate structure. The truth is some parts of this new climate pattern are not completely understood and scientists are still researching maybe haven't got a clue about mother nature. There are some myths about Global Warming that have been repeated and magnified so many times by so many people that most people accept them on blind faith without thinking, some myths and assumptions on Global Warming followers are just plain untrue especially the assumption that man is reasonable and the main cause for climate change or global warming, I think the volcanic activity in recent years have put that one to bed.

I think I'll get accused again of copy and paste:roll:

Ah great, a thread on which I can bang my drum!!! :)

Which parts of the media are we talking about?

Which parts of the climate pattern is not understood?

Which myths keep getting repeated?

Why do you think Mankind is not affecting the climate?

What did the volcanoes do to the climate that enforced your belief that climate change is all natural?

Alrock
11-Feb-12, 12:03
Yet another Man-made/Natural argument....
I've said it before & no doubt I'll say it again....

Does it really matter what the cause?
All that matters is whether or not it is happening & if it is happening would it be advantageous to us as a species to try & stop it?
& if it is advantageous to us as a species to try & stop it then what is the best way to tackle the issue?

*** Yawn*** !!!

Does anyone know what time Tesco opens today?

C3................:roll::roll:

It's already open.

pumkin
11-Feb-12, 12:14
Does it really matter what the cause?
All that matters is whether or not it is happening & if it is happening would it be advantageous to us as a species to try & stop it?
& if it is advantageous to us as a species to try & stop it then what is the best way to tackle the issue?

Well said, Alrock.

oldmarine
11-Feb-12, 18:40
Global Warming? With some of the worst winters in the USA I'm certain a lot of those people are looking for some global warming or at least some local warming.

billmoseley
11-Feb-12, 21:12
Got my cup of tea, chair pulled up ready to watch this unfold [para]

PS: To keep on thread I do think global warming is occurring, too many chunks of ice are falling off the poles, something is causing it.
i don't think its just the poles it's falling off , i think it's coming of all over europe.

Osbacky
11-Feb-12, 21:53
The idea that humans play in changing global climate through both the burning of fossil fuels and the release of chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) gases. Some argue that human interaction poses less of a threat to our atmosphere than do natural processes, like volcanic eruptions. This places a great importance on understanding the role of volcanic eruptions in affecting global climate change.

Neil Howie
11-Feb-12, 22:09
Global Warming Myth or Fact

I don't know. But maybe what we should do is form some sort of Commission to look into it??. Make it a worldwide panel, of scientists and other experts. This panel should release reports every few years based on the assessments of their working groups.

Nah too controversial.....

Mystical Potato Head
11-Feb-12, 22:45
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo189/sat5_photos/07_03_13_StretchingTruth.jpg

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo189/sat5_photos/PN081507.jpg

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo189/sat5_photos/gore_footprint.jpg

Angel
11-Feb-12, 23:22
Of course there is global warming... then it's followed by global cooling... it's the nature of the planet we live on... the fact that man may have contributed to it is just to keep people in lots of varying jobs... we are not stopping it, just making sure we can live a little longer as a species so as to make it worse in other ways...

Angel...

oldmarine
12-Feb-12, 01:21
Of course there is global warming... then it's followed by global cooling... it's the nature of the planet we live on... the fact that man may have contributed to it is just to keep people in lots of varying jobs... we are not stopping it, just making sure we can live a little longer as a species so as to make it worse in other ways...

Angel...
And so we get both: global warming & global cooling. I believe that has been occuring since the beginning of time.

Rheghead
12-Feb-12, 02:38
How does the media keep climate change newsworthy if the timescale of seeing a 3 degree rise in global temperature will take as long as a century without trying to suggest that the scientists have got it wrong?

If they kept repeating the overwhelming body of evidence that suggests global warming is true then everyone will lose interest because it is not happening on a timescale which most humans perceive as a present and real danger.

Phill
12-Feb-12, 09:37
I think it is caused by methane release from all the 'Big Cats' and due to the increased numbers of these beasts we have an increase in methane and thus global warming.
So there we go, nothing to do with mankind. Sorted.

Goes off to buy 4x4........

Mystical Potato Head
12-Feb-12, 18:04
I think it is caused by methane release from all the 'Big Cats' and due to the increased numbers of these beasts we have an increase in methane and thus global warming.
So there we go, nothing to do with mankind. Sorted.

Goes off to buy 4x4........

Perhaps the cats need one of these thingamybobs fitted.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo189/sat5_photos/MikeLesterCattleLyticConverter.gif

Rheghead
12-Feb-12, 19:52
Does anyone know what time the dump opens?

Corrie 3
12-Feb-12, 19:56
Does anyone know what time the dump opens?
About half an hour after Tesco opens.....

C3................:eek::roll:

golach
12-Feb-12, 20:03
What are the closing times of Popeyes and the Comm?

Phill
13-Feb-12, 01:29
Does anyone know what time the dump opens?Dump!!!!! Methinks you need to check your 'green' credentials, recycling centre. What time does Tes..mmmmMMM..... The recycling centre open?

George Brims
13-Feb-12, 04:51
Global Warming? With some of the worst winters in the USA I'm certain a lot of those people are looking for some global warming or at least some local warming.
USA? Not in our bit. Lots of unemployed ski resort people in California this year. Nothing coming from the sky at all. Warmest winter most people can remember.