PDA

View Full Version : Huge pothole on Pennyland Drive

Nick Noble
10-Feb-12, 12:41
I have just had confirmation from Highland Council TEC services that the hole at the end of Pennyland Drive will be temporarily patched today.

That should save any small children falling in never to be seen again!

Dadie
10-Feb-12, 12:57
If its a cold tar patch give it a few frosts and the kids will be disapearing again!

Nick Noble
10-Feb-12, 13:01
Indeed they will:

Mr Noble, We will be temporary patching the potholes on Pennyland Drive today. The area will need permanently patched (with hot tar) in better weather. Regards XXXXXXXXXX Community Works Manager, Transport, Environmental and Community Services, Market Square Wick

joxville
10-Feb-12, 13:54
A waste of money, for what it will cost and the effort required to do a temporary repair, they would be better to spend a little more and do a proper job now, it can be done regardless of the weather, I should know, I make the bloody stuff.

Gronnuck
10-Feb-12, 15:44
A waste of money, for what it will cost and the effort required to do a temporary repair, they would be better to spend a little more and do a proper job now, it can be done regardless of the weather, I should know, I make the bloody stuff.

Yeh but - no but - you don't have to keep lots of people in work and pay for it all with lots of other peoples' money, :confused;)

linnie612
10-Feb-12, 17:52
I think the Highland Council TEC must be a very friendly bunch - look how many kisses Nick got at the end his reply.:)

Nick Noble
10-Feb-12, 20:40
Big thank you to TEC services, pothole filled in before 1230 today.

So come on where abouts are the potholes near you, lets get them fixed and stop damage to vehicles and danger to cyclists and pedestrians

Gronnuck
10-Feb-12, 22:09
Well done Highland Council TEC services!!!

annmarie
11-Feb-12, 03:29
so will gunn give a barrow load of hot tar ? cold tar is a a temp all staff busy gritting just now will patch proper in summer

easy123
11-Feb-12, 08:37
How can the council hot tar the patch when the local tar plant has not been running since the beggining of january. Cold tar is quite acceptable if laid properly for a temp repair.

annmarie
11-Feb-12, 11:31
well said easy that would have being my next point some people never happy and quick to judge

billmoseley
11-Feb-12, 21:28
If its a cold tar patch give it a few frosts and the kids will be disapearing again! if that many kids fall in the problem will be solved no pot hole and no naughty kids simples :lol:

Dadie
11-Feb-12, 23:35
Pity as I like the smell of hot tar and it might have been worth a trip.....
Cold tar might be acceptable as a quick very temporary fix, but, it does not fill holes that are wide or deep for long...and some holes that are easily filled with hot tar are too big for a cold tar patch to work.
And if its frosty a cold tar patch disintergrates as it freezes and thaws fast.
Thats why I asked on the method of filling the hole.

secrets in symmetry
11-Feb-12, 23:45
Pity as I like the smell of hot tar and it might have been worth a trip.....
Cold tar might be acceptable as a quick very temporary fix, but, it does not fill holes that are wide or deep for long...and some holes that are easily filled with hot tar are too big for a cold tar patch to work.
And if its frosty a cold tar patch disintergrates as it freezes and thaws fast.
Thats why I asked on the method of filling the hole.I'm impressed by your knowledge of hot and cold tar Dadie! I like women who know their tar! :cool:

Dadie
11-Feb-12, 23:50
When you have stood over the same hole over and over again monitoring it(freezing your butt off) as it was filled with cold tar and hearing the guys complaining they will be filling it in again in a couple of months when the next UNOR is raised...you learn a bit about tar!
As your comfort level is miserable....you tend to take note that if it was filled with hot tar in the 1st place you wouldnt have to be there again.

secrets in symmetry
11-Feb-12, 23:56
What's a UNOR? Is it Unother Nasty 'Ole in the Road?

Dadie
12-Feb-12, 00:03
Could well be!
Or someone doing something unsafe...or an accident etc...its a reporting method of unsafe things or unusual occurances etc...from filling cabinets with the bottom drawer left open and someone seeing it before it was too late.. to a paper cut to more serious stuff...some can be quite funny reading ....dead mouse in burko boiler (used for tea/coffee etc)...to more serious stuff someone falling in said pothole....etc and everything inbetween.

secrets in symmetry
12-Feb-12, 00:48
I was once admonished for having an unauthorised kettle in my office. I swear it didn't contain a dead mouse or any tar - hot or cold!

poppett
12-Feb-12, 13:31
I am with Dadie on the smell of hot tar issue. I used to work at Wimpey Quarry at Daviot and loved it the days the tar plant was running................the smell was wonderful.