PDA

View Full Version : Highland Council freeze

poppett
09-Feb-12, 20:52
Highland council have announced their freezes and increases for the coming year.

They quote that they have frozen the warden charges for the second year running. It is now about five months since Thurso had a full time warden and when residents demanded a reduction in their fees it did not take their rent/fees which are incorporated into a lower band.

This is a disgusting way to treat the vulnerable adults in our community.

bobandag16
10-Feb-12, 14:06
my pet subject.warden service no change. not had the full servicefor months, the replies i get would keep the beano going for weeks.why not come clean and say no warden service, let the old care for themselves,the so called emergent pull cord system,is theback up ,but many weakness, who dare care for the old and ill, they have no shame and care less. only the actual carer understand,not allowed to speak, they i mean the council, not any one person,

RecQuery
10-Feb-12, 14:37
They need someone to pay for all the new offices they're building.

poppett
11-Feb-12, 12:20
Just do the maths........90 quid a month for a non-existant service, multiply by 34 residents paying said amount........it is now five months into this debachel.........can`t advertise post yet due to council restraints, appointed person may have to give a month`s notice, two months to get CRB checks through..............that`s a lot of dosh towards the new building.