PDA

View Full Version : Scalphunting!!

Kaishowing
04-Nov-06, 11:39
Just looking at page 4 of the 'Our Names' thread and I spotted 4 'Banned' members!!! That's quite a cull since August this year!
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=16859&page=4

(Don't know the circumstances involved, just pointing out that it perhaps doesn't look too good to a guest/potential member browsing the topic!)

sam
04-Nov-06, 12:12
Maybe the cyber police took them away [para]

Bobinovich
04-Nov-06, 12:51
I find it more intriguing that 3 of them claim to be sisters!

As for any guests/potential members why one earth would that deter them from joining? Those community-minded ones may well consider it a plus point in these PC times that there is still a sense of 'discipline' around in places - even if they are in cyberspace. Those 'stirrers' planning to join simply to cause trouble may likewise be deterred knowing what fate may well await them.

dpw39
04-Nov-06, 15:39
As for any guests/potential members why one earth would that deter them from joining? Those community-minded ones may well consider it a plus point in these PC times that there is still a sense of 'discipline' around in places - even if they are in cyberspace. Those 'stirrers' planning to join simply to cause trouble may likewise be deterred knowing what fate may well await them.

One does not need a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

I appreciate that it is probably the swiftest way to quell any type of uprising, and to control, but it is always advisable to be carefull, some of us don't want to eat cake (1789–1799).

Ciao,

(Moderator* an arbitrator or mediator)

golach
04-Nov-06, 15:56
Just looking at page 4 of the 'Our Names' thread and I spotted 4 'Banned' members!!! That's quite a cull since August this year!
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=16859&page=4

(Don't know the circumstances involved, just pointing out that it perhaps doesn't look too good to a guest/potential member browsing the topic!)

IMO I would change the title of your posting Kaishowing, to "Good Police work", no Scalps were hunted, but offenders i.e. breakers of the .Org rules were dealt with

Bobinovich
04-Nov-06, 16:04
One does not need a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

I appreciate that it is probably the swiftest way to quell any type of uprising, and to control, but it is always advisable to be carefull, some of us don't want to eat cake (1789–1799).

Ciao,

(Moderator* an arbitrator or mediator)

Ahh but some nuts are harder to crack than others.

"I need only my fingers to open a pistachio, but a brazil or hazelnut requires a great deal more persuasion". Quote by me 4/11/06!!

Adios

Kaishowing
04-Nov-06, 16:19
IMO I would change the title of your posting Kaishowing, to "Good Police work", no Scalps were hunted, but offenders i.e. breakers of the .Org rules were dealt with

Changed title ;) ......I wasn't having a pop at the situation by the way...rather was just commenting on how unusual it is to see 4 dead accounts on the same page like that, and how it may look on the surface.

It could well look like a well-policed site to some, while an over-policed site to others. It's all in personal perception.:)

dpw39
04-Nov-06, 18:41
Ello ello ello, wot hav we here then Kaishowing. Have you got a licence for that "minky"?

It does seem strange/unusual as there where 3 of the same name, and they did apparently enjoy their cocoa. It could'nt have been that serious as "they" (the powers that be) would have removed all traces of their posts. A bit like Social Cleansing which is quite similiar to Ethnic Cleansing (but we won't go down that road).

But in all seriousness, it does give out the wrong message and I agree whole-heartedly. You can always email me at dpw39@hotmail.com for a "" uncensored and unrestricted blether"

Ciao,

dpw39 :cool:

Some nuts can be bad for your health and physical condition (pnuts, stun).

More smilies please...:lol:

Dreadnought
04-Nov-06, 21:55

What rules did they break?

Gleber2
04-Nov-06, 22:17
What rules did they break?

Sisters didn't. Mother did.

quality
05-Nov-06, 13:54
Why where they all banned?

Gleber2
05-Nov-06, 14:32
Why where they all banned?

Long story. You should ask Godmin.