PDA

View Full Version : Ignorant board members

Maccy
08-Feb-12, 19:26
Why are people too inconsiderate and rood. They pm you, post on your thread, say they will come to buy things you are advertising. Then never show up and dont bother calling to offer an explanation as to why. MOST ROOD of them.
Thankfully most people on here do not fall into this category.

billmoseley
08-Feb-12, 19:29
isn't this the way in life in general. i hate when people say they will ring or meet then not bother with no explanation but i doubt there is little we can do about it.

stekar
08-Feb-12, 20:44
Had same thing, people pm, yes they want the item I am selling, so any subsequent enquires I get I tell them it's spoken for. Then the first person doesn't turn up. So annoying...

Thankfully not all on the org are like this.

Maccy
08-Feb-12, 21:27
Yes thankfully most are genuine. Just watch out for (samhutchinson1979)

lexie
09-Feb-12, 11:47
sorry, i just have to...... it would have been rude of me not to!

DrChin
09-Feb-12, 17:45
Why are people too inconsiderate and rood. They pm you, post on your thread, say they will come to buy things you are advertising. Then never show up and dont bother calling to offer an explanation as to why. MOST ROOD of them.

Just for information :-

A rood is a cross or crucifix, especially a large one in a church.

Dog-eared
09-Feb-12, 18:00
And a measurement of length. So many roods to an ell.

Crackeday
09-Feb-12, 18:31
Just for information :-

A rood is a cross or crucifix, especially a large one in a church.
oops the spelling police are out!!.
There almost as ROOD as the people who dont show up.

It is annoying same thing has happened to me, told me theyd be in to collect so I pm'd my address all arranged then they didnt show up, no explanation nothing. And the worst was when I Pm'd to ask if they were still interested never replied even though theyd be on the org, no need for it.
If you change your mind have the decency to TELL the people concerned!!!

Maccy
09-Feb-12, 18:31

OK thank to all you clever clogs, my bad spelling mistake it should be MOST RUDE.

Corrie 3
09-Feb-12, 18:49
OK thank to all you clever clogs, my bad spelling mistake it should be MOST RUDE.
Personally Maccy I prefer your spelling of rude......I always spell naughty as NORTY just because it looks better and is less typing!
One day I am going to make a post with all my deliberate spelling mistakes, it should be a good laff!!!
Dont lose any sleep over it Maccy, it's just not worth it!!

C3......................:roll:;)

Kells
09-Feb-12, 19:31

Ah .. you can press for spell check but they are stuck with their bad manners. lol

DeHaviLand
09-Feb-12, 22:43
oops the spelling police are out!!.
There almost as ROOD as the people who dont show up.

It is annoying same thing has happened to me, told me theyd be in to collect so I pm'd my address all arranged then they didnt show up, no explanation nothing. And the worst was when I Pm'd to ask if they were still interested never replied even though theyd be on the org, no need for it.
If you change your mind have the decency to TELL the people concerned!!!

They're! Sorry, couldn't resist. But I did resist the temptation to correct your punctuation mistakes. :)

secrets in symmetry
10-Feb-12, 01:12
Sock puppet alert!

There's one on this thread. Can you work out who it is?

linnie612
10-Feb-12, 02:12
Is it you?;)

pat
10-Feb-12, 12:22
There are quite a few not very nice people at times on the org who they think they hide behind a name but often their identity can be known if you search their posts.

secrets in symmetry
11-Feb-12, 02:20
Is it you?;)Lol! No, of course it's not me. :cool:

Does the relative silence mean that no-one has spotted the sock puppet? It's not an obvious one, but the experienced eye sees things that most others don't.

This is a wimpy sock puppet that doesn't post very often - it usually appears to post something that the "parent" poster doesn't have the guts to post. I suspect it doesn't realise it's been rumbled.

Blackbird
11-Feb-12, 08:10
I'm new to all this forum stuff and multiple identities and puppets and now a new thing "parent" poster. Think I need to stay in more.

Crackeday
11-Feb-12, 14:01
who is the sock puppet then?

secrets in symmetry
11-Feb-12, 15:14
who is the sock puppet then?The idea is that you have to guess first!

linnie612
11-Feb-12, 15:23
I am starting to think it's me!;) Go on - tell us..

Corrie 3
11-Feb-12, 15:28
Dangerous game to play, don't fall for S-i-S's trap!!!!!
He will get you to guess, if you get it wrong you will upset the people you accuse and if you get it right you wont know anyway because you have no proof!!!
And of course S-i-S gets away Scot free and has his laugh at your expenses.....
As I said, dangerous game!!!!

C3...............[disgust][disgust][disgust]

linnie612
11-Feb-12, 15:48
I agree, that's why I have only asked him if it's him or me! I wouldn't dream of accusing anyone for exactly the reasons you mention.

Carole
11-Feb-12, 19:21
Lol! No, of course it's not me. :cool:

Does the relative silence mean that no-one has spotted the sock puppet? It's not an obvious one, but the experienced eye sees things that most others don't.

This is a wimpy sock puppet that doesn't post very often - it usually appears to post something that the "parent" poster doesn't have the guts to post. I suspect it doesn't realise it's been rumbled.

Gosh SiS! You must be really clever - far too clever for me. Are you brave enough to share your discovery with us mere mortals?

Corrie 3
11-Feb-12, 19:41
Gosh SiS! You must be really clever - far too clever for me.
Carole, oh yes he is really clever, far too clever for all of us, but you have to remember that he is a "scientist" [sic], or so he claims but I have proof that he isn't!!!
Dont expect him to name names on here though, he hasn't got the guts to name people who he suspects to be sock-puppets!!
The Man is all bluff!!!!!

C3............:cool:;)