PDA

View Full Version : Dog Crulty

horselover
06-Feb-12, 19:04
Well i was walking home this evening round about 5:45pm in Thurso i was at the start of the foot bridge i seen this golden lab owner Kicking and punching this poor lab and the lab started Squalling and barking and the dog was limping and then the dog started to walk and the owner stamped on his/hers paw and then the dog backed off and the owner grabbed its neck and lifted it up by its neck i felt really sorry on that dog i was going to phone the RSPCA but i had no phone with me as i was walking home from school we got to the other side of Thurso foot bridge and even though the dog was at the opposite side of the foot bridge i could still hear the dog Squalling The dog owner had dark brown hair and was wearing a black henley jacket i do not know who she is but she started swearing and shouting at the Dog it was disgusting to me the poor Golden lab needs to get away from her :(:(

Please Try help this dog if you see it getting hurt by this Stupid owner !!

polly19
06-Feb-12, 19:13
Hi there
I would strongly recommend you report this to the SSPCA and the local Police as this is a Crime and I am sure they could find the person responsible .

Joboco
06-Feb-12, 19:48
Better still if you find out who this person is pm me and i will personally explain to them the error of their ways.

sid222
06-Feb-12, 19:52
do to the what thay do to the dog

ladybird
06-Feb-12, 21:54
You should report this person. What direction was the person walking? I often walk my dogs near the dammies, river etc and will keep an eye out. Whoever it was should be ashamed of themselves.

Dadie
06-Feb-12, 22:40
If you see it happening again tape it on your phone, show it to the SSPCA and the police.
Evidence of the crime or other witnesses to collabarate your version of events too....that way its not a "your story/their story and somewhere the truth" that means nothing can be done about it!
Plus it would help in identifying the person involved!

Fran
06-Feb-12, 23:30
Please report this to the police, its not too late, other people may have sen this too, please please report it, the poor dog can be taken away and given to a caring loving home. poor thing. please rport it incase something worse happens to this poor dog

Dadie
07-Feb-12, 01:25
If seen again try to tape the cruelty and get a good head shot of the person involved.
If they go back to a car get the reg no.....
BUT DO NOT COMPROMISE YOUR OWN SAFETY!

EVER!
OK!

then show vthe evidence to the SSPCA and the Police and let them take it from there!

dollycat
07-Feb-12, 10:55
Really think as youre still at school that you should tell your mum or dad to report this.
There will be cctv covering areas of the town and could have picked the dog and owner up around this time even though not at the River area.
Dont try to do anything yourself, if the brute is that evil to a poor animal then they could easily turn nasty if approached.
Really hope the culprit is identified and the dog gets the better life it deserves.

sids
07-Feb-12, 11:04
Just go round to the cop shop and tell them what you saw. The worst that can possibly happen is nothing, which is what is happening now.

There's no discipline or training excuse for damaging the dog's feet.

Or bring in a dog-avenging gangster like Joboco, above, obviously. Haha.

offcomedun
07-Feb-12, 17:35
Report it to the police ...please, you never know they may catch her...if you don't they wont catch her and the poor dog will carry on suffering.

unicorn
07-Feb-12, 22:32
I would absolutely report it to the police, she must have been quite a large woman to lift it by the neck, does not deserve to get off with this.

lsb1
08-Feb-12, 16:41
Having just read this post I was totally shocked. Please report this to the police for the poor dog's sake, and that horrible person can be dealt with!

linnie612
14-Feb-12, 23:15
Bump! Did anything happen about this?:(

bustergirl
15-Feb-12, 12:17
Bump! Did anything happen about this?:(
Not that we know of :( im horselover's sister, i was also there when this happened but didn't know what to do, because if i tried to stop her she may have harmed me... i hope somthing has been done about this and she got caught.. because that dog doesn't deserve to suffer :(

linnie612
15-Feb-12, 12:59
You and your sister were right not to put yourselves in harm's way - I just wondered if there had been any developments. I hope something gets done:(

horselover
15-Feb-12, 14:23
Yeh i didnt want to go up to her and stop her as since she is doing mean stuff to that dog she may of harmed us :( I really Hope she gets caught and The dog gets taking away from her and the dog goes to a happy home were he/she is loved and cared for :D the poor dog dosnt deserve that :(

bustergirl
15-Feb-12, 15:02
You and your sister were right not to put yourselves in harm's way - I just wondered if there had been any developments. I hope something gets done:( me too :( that poor dog must be terrified :( i feel really sorry on he/she, i wish i had done somthing while i had the chance

Dadie
15-Feb-12, 23:39
Did you or/and your sister actually report this to the police?And make a statement....with an adult if needed present? Or is it all just reported on the org without doing anything about it?

braalterr903
16-Feb-12, 20:26
this is so sad i hope this person is caught they shouldent have a dog if they do things like that to it i feel sick reading this you have to report it please.

porshiepoo
17-Feb-12, 18:22
Did anyone actually report this?
I can't find anything to suggest it did get reported!
That poor dog will suffer a life of torment and pain if this woman isn't stopped.
Crikey I wonder if she has kids? I believe you can judge a personality by the way people treat animals, it doesn't bear thinking about that a child may go through the same kind of treatment!
On the other side of the coin people do say that someone being abused will often take it out on animals, I do hope that that's not the case either.
But whatever the reason there is no excuse and the dog needs to be rescued. Nothing but nothing excuses such animal abuse and if she's happy to do it in public I dread to think what goes on behind closed doors.

If the girls happen across this kind of abuse again I would suggest memorising as many details as possible WITHOUT risking their own safety and reporting it to the police or their parents immediately. If she gets in a car get the number, if the girls have mobile phones film the footage.

bustergirl
17-Feb-12, 20:18
A man pm'ed Horselover and said that he knows who this person is and will report this to the sspca and he knows where she lives, so hopefully somthing has been, or will be done about this.

snow tiger
17-Feb-12, 20:43
Thank god for that this matter needs dealt with, for the poor dogs sake.

braalterr903
19-Feb-12, 09:48
thank god it has i think i know who it is to.

bustergirl
19-Feb-12, 10:20
Horselover has reported it to the sspca inspector for this area so hopefully something is getting done about this and the poor dog is free from the torture!

NHC123
22-Feb-12, 14:00
For the sake of avoiding funny looks next time were down that way ... we have a golden lab we walk down to the clb sometimes and she howls and screeches while wagging her tail with excitement on the way there then on the way back shes as quiet as a mouse ... but i can safely say ive never punched her, kicked her or picked her up by her head so please dont judge every golden lab walker you see out and about :)

Torvaig
22-Feb-12, 15:12
For the sake of avoiding funny looks next time were down that way ... we have a golden lab we walk down to the clb sometimes and she howls and screeches while wagging her tail with excitement on the way there then on the way back shes as quiet as a mouse ... but i can safely say ive never punched her, kicked her or picked her up by her head so please dont judge every golden lab walker you see out and about :)

Thanks for telling us that NHC123 and well done to the girls for going to the SSPCA with their concerns. I hope they find out who is misusing the poor dog; very upsetting.

Ben shows me up when he is in the car and recognises that the direction we are going usually means we are going to Dunnet beach. Very embarrassing when the windows are open and he is screaming his head off with excitement; people do give us funny looks! On the way home he usually goes to sleep; thank goodness!