PDA

View Full Version : Car Parking in Thurso

apollo69
23-Dec-04, 11:52
Totally inadequate. I hate to think what it's going to be like by tomorrow afternoon! The Co-op car park just isn't big enough for the town centre, and it's not been re-lined yet, so there's cars all over the place taking up two spaces.

dragonfly
23-Dec-04, 13:09
i'm just back from there and totally stressed out from going round in circles, and playing dodgems for the space that 4 cars spied at the same time :eek:

and to the white rover driver, you may have won the battle but not the war- a woman scorned.......and all that ;)

William
28-Dec-04, 13:51
i have a sloution for you all not very practical but lol

Get a motorbike takes up way less space

daviddd
28-Dec-04, 18:01
there's plenty of parking in Thurso if your prepared to walk for a couple of minutes! How about Janet Street, or Shore St.? Much less stressfull than driving round in circles polluting the air!! Not to mention healthier!

apollo69
28-Dec-04, 19:23
Not handy if you have small children or loads of big xmas presents! Especially when it's raining.

ktb50
28-Dec-04, 21:32
Is the Co-op car park not for the users of the CO-OP ?

If you think driving around the Co-op car park is stressfull, try Aberdeen...just before Christmas...now THATS stressfull. I think you are quite lucky in Thurso not to have to pay £2.20 for 2 hours parking like I have to.

Maybe you should think yourself lucky...lol...

kwbrown111
28-Dec-04, 22:43
the coop car park is owned by the council

Mr P Cannop
28-Dec-04, 22:51
aye it sure is

Caledonia
30-Dec-04, 01:27
Unbleedinbelievable.

You tell me what other town of around 10k population that has that completely free parking around the centre?

You just really have no idea.

;)

ktb50
30-Dec-04, 16:28
Quite right Caledonia....

Some people should moan less or maybe try walking a bit further.....!

apollo69
30-Dec-04, 17:44
Well I for one would be quite happy to pay for a decent facility. How many other towns the size of Thurso don't have one decent sized car park near the town centre? Walking distances with shopping and small children is not an ideal alternative in the winter.

©Amethyst
01-Jan-05, 10:52
When people complain about traffic or parking here, it makes me glad that I don't even have a provisional licence. Besides, even with big Christmas presents under the arms and having it rain on them is worth it (oh, and I have to get up a hill to go home from the town) because I feel better for the exercise.

Have a car, go to the gym... spend money on car and gym...

Don't have a car - walk... free exercise :p