PDA

View Full Version : phoneing bt

Billy Boy
03-Nov-06, 14:19
a couple of week's ago we started haveing broadband connection problem's along with noisey telephone line,so we phoned bt whose call centre is in india, after much repeating of word's we got to the stage of makeing an appiontment to which i explained that i work and needed someone to come after 4 o'clock to which they offerd 2 o'clock,after explaining again, they came back with 10.30:mad: in the end i gave up and took the day off work,so the engineer came and tested the line from my end and said there was a problem further down the line and he would get back to me the next day,so no word after 3 day's phoned bt again,back to the call centre in india and explained what happend and they just could not understand what i was telling them, all they could say was they will make A appiontment for a engineer to come out and test my line,and this took 40 minutes:mad: so my gripe is why do bt employ people to answer phone's when they can hardly speak/understand english?i know they are a small company trying to save money by paying these people low wages,but what about customer satafaction,i certainly was not satisfied after i was speaking to them, it was like banging my head against a brick wall,don't get me wrong i have no problem speaking to people from a different country, but surely they can employ people who can speak good english,after all between line rental and the cost of my call's and my broadband, they takeing a few pound out of me a month so surely i can get a better service than this?

Kingetter
03-Nov-06, 14:22
a couple of week's ago we started haveing broadband connection problem's along with noisey telephone line,so we phoned bt whose call centre is in india, after much repeating of word's we got to the stage of makeing an appiontment to which i explained that i work and needed someone to come after 4 o'clock to which they offerd 2 o'clock,after explaining again, they came back with 10.30:mad: in the end i gave up and took the day off work,so the engineer came and tested the line from my end and said there was a problem further down the line and he would get back to me the next day,so no word after 3 day's phoned bt again,back to the call centre in india and explained what happend and they just could not understand what i was telling them, all they could say was they will make A appiontment for a engineer to come out and test my line,and this took 40 minutes:mad: so my gripe is why do bt employ people to answer phone's when they can hardly speak/understand english?i know they are a small company trying to save money by paying these people low wages,but what about customer satafaction,i certainly was not satisfied after i was speaking to them, it was like banging my head against a brick wall,don't get me wrong i have no problem speaking to people from a different country, but surely they can employ people who can speak good english,after all between line rental and the cost of my call's and my broadband, they takeing a few pound out of me a month so surely i can get a better service than this?

If you want an answer press 1; if you want an honest answer press 2; if ? press ?: Recommend you learn Punjabi!

squidge
03-Nov-06, 14:34
After the rain last week we had no dial tone on the phone - I phoned and reperted the fault and wasnt put through to india - had a lady who was insistent that we check the equipment. I knew it wasnt the equipment cos we have a big bell that rings even when the phone is unplugged but she was most persistent - eventually she made an appointment for the engineer to come - he came on time and they sorted it out. I was quite pleasantly surprised i got such good service

jaykay
03-Nov-06, 14:51

I have solved this problem. I refuse to use companies who have overseas call centres. For instance when BT transfered their jobs from Thurso to India I stopped using BT. If everyone had done the same they would not have taken very long to reinstate the Thurso jobs. It is the British public to blame for the overseas call centres because they have let the companies who use them get away with it.

Billy Boy
03-Nov-06, 15:01
I have solved this problem. I refuse to use companies who have overseas call centres. For instance when BT transfered their jobs from Thurso to India I stopped using BT. If everyone had done the same they would not have taken very long to reinstate the Thurso jobs. It is the British public to blame for the overseas call centres because they have let the companies who use them get away with it.

so i take it that you no longer have a bt home line?

henry20
03-Nov-06, 15:04
:lol: good point Mr/Mrs BB

scrapydoo
03-Nov-06, 15:11

That's awful [disgust] how does your phone work now?
What if an indian person takes your call from scotland
Are you going to leave the country?

saxovtr
03-Nov-06, 15:18
lol typical

dpw39
03-Nov-06, 15:20
I refuse to use any call-centres that utilise the "press 1 if you want this, press 2 etc etc. As with recent experience trying to get through the my Gas or Electric company drove me to the brink of shear frustration of not being able to speak to a "human-being", and having to spend a good 20 minutes with my telephone tied up listening to some god-awfull MUSAC. And invariably being thrown back into the system yet again, or even worse, system disconnecting me.

I now find out who the Chief Executive Officer of the company is and write to them directly about my complaint and highlight the issues about using the 1,2,3 system.

I always get a reply, and the problem resolved, as well as a little bit of satisfaction that I've got one-up on their so-called money-saving schemes.

Multi-National organisation do not owe any allegiance to the country that they where spawned in, which is sad. If they are based here, then they should be more accountable for their practices, and keep the work within the country rather than farming it out to nations where they pay slave rates and where the standard of service is to be desired.

Thats my 2 pennies's worth for what its worth.

Ciao,

jaykay
03-Nov-06, 15:27
That's awful [disgust] how does your phone work now?
What if an indian person takes your call from scotland
Are you going to leave the country?

Don't be daft. You know what I mean.
It is not the fact that it an Indian person answering my call It is the fact that he is in India doing a job that should be getting done in the UK.

scrapydoo
03-Nov-06, 15:32
Don't be daft. You know what I mean.
It is not the fact that it an Indian person answering my call It is the fact that he is in India doing a job that should be getting done in the UK.

Me daft! don't be daft jaykay and how do you know that the indian person is in india??
Does the automated service say, hold on we are now transferring you to india?:lol:

scrapydoo
03-Nov-06, 15:35
lol typical
typical what saxovtr???:confused

acameron
03-Nov-06, 17:04
Poor Jane has a bit of a hearing problem (thats unless Im offering to make the tea, and she could hear me through lead walls) - If Jane doesnt understand what the other person is saying, she politley tells whoever she is talking to that she has difficulty understands them and could she talk to someone else. 9 times out of 10 its no problem.

squidge
03-Nov-06, 17:08
I once worked on an IT service desk and sat next to a great guy who had a strong accent. We dealt with IT support calls for a very posh bank. one guy phoned and complained he couldnt understand my colleage and could he speak to someone who spoke english - Eddie is from Coatbridge - he was livid. The guy was quite rude and Ed reported him and he was disciplned for it apparently.

jaykay
03-Nov-06, 17:42
Me daft! don't be daft jaykay and how do you know that the indian person is in india??
Does the automated service say, hold on we are now transferring you to india?:lol:

Bit of a clue was the fact that BT announced in the National Press that they were transferring their call centre jobs to India!!! They definitely did not say they were transferring their Indian workers to call centres in UK.

Billy Boy
03-Nov-06, 18:13
Poor Jane has a bit of a hearing problem (thats unless Im offering to make the tea, and she could hear me through lead walls) - If Jane doesnt understand what the other person is saying, she politley tells the whoever she is talking to that she has difficulty understands them and could she talk to someone else. 9 times out of 10 its no problem.

well i tried asking for a manager,and they couldnt understand that lol:mad: so i must have got the 1 person out of 10 :lol:

badger
03-Nov-06, 19:48
A few months ago I got so absolutely furious with BT not sorting out my broadband and talking nonsense to me that eventually I emailed their CEO and actually got a personal email back. Could have knocked me down with a feather. What's more the problem was sorted. Going through their number menus is enough to make you lose the will to live and I'd like to suggest he does it some time when he's in a hurry.

One good thing about them - they give refunds with very few questions asked so now I query every unfair charge. When my broadband wasn't working for ages I got quite a lot back. You'd think it would be cheaper for them to get their act together but - maybe not [disgust]

Must admit I've always found the individuals very helpful. It's the system that drives you crazy.

acameron
03-Nov-06, 19:54
[QUOTE=Mr & Mrs Billy Boy;156140]well i tried asking for a manager,and they couldnt understand that QUOTE]

Pardon?

JAWS
03-Nov-06, 21:04
For those who still insist on the old fashioned and out dated technique of communicating by word of mouth try this site, it's called "Get Human"
http://gethuman.com/uk/

I can't confirm if any of the suggestions work but it is a database giving methods of avoiding the "Push Button Whatever" Epidemic which seems to be affecting more and more Companies.

It's free and, as far as I can see, the worst that can happen to you is that you may have to revert to driving yourself mad pushing Buttons to get to the wrong person.

It's worth a look if nothing else.

dpw39
03-Nov-06, 22:07
Congratulations Jaws, for once you have acted like a pleasant human-being and not been your nasty overbearing heavy-handed self. :)

Keep it up Dude, it's not that hard to be nice is it?

No offence implied or intended.

Ciao,

JAWS
04-Nov-06, 18:54
Congratulations Jaws, for once you have acted like a pleasant human-being and not been your nasty overbearing heavy-handed self. :)

Keep it up Dude, it's not that hard to be nice is it?

No offence implied or intended.

Ciao,Not a problem, I reply to sensible Threads in a considered way, in fact I respond to all Threads with the consideration due to them.

Those posters who seem to need help or assistance, or indeed encouragement, I will try to assist, no matter what direction they wish to go in. The further they wish to go the more I will help them. Far be it from me to try to stop them.
I like to encourage people to come out of their shells in order to display their true talents for everybody to see.

I take no offence whatsoever. As posters sow, so shall they reap, myself included.

dpw39
04-Nov-06, 18:57
Cheers Dude :D

Ciao,

More smilies please :eek: