PDA

View Full Version : Dan Parks

david
05-Feb-12, 14:18
Why do they keep picking this man for the Scottish Rugby Team-Anyone know?

cullyboy
05-Feb-12, 16:06
no idea but his name says it all: Dan's Krap:

changilass
05-Feb-12, 16:14
Because he suits Robinsons philisophy of safety first and Robinson is loyal.

There are a few others could do the job, ie, a couple of stand offs for both Edinburgh and Glasgow - they are hopefully the future.

golach
05-Feb-12, 16:27
You cannot blame one player for that debacle of a game, I think the blame lies with Robinson

Kevin Milkins
05-Feb-12, 18:41
England didn't win that game, Scotland lost it.

pat
05-Feb-12, 19:10
Agree with you there Kevin, Scotland lost it. They should not have lost that game but it's only a game!!!!

garycs
05-Feb-12, 19:14
Parks is capable of some excellent play, and on several occasions has controlled test matches with his boot, but unfortunately he does seem to make at least one major mistake in every match that puts Scotland on the back foot, it wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't very good with ball in hand but his running game is at least as good as his kicking game if he has freedom to use it. What I can't understand is why Robinson was clearly intent on them playing a territorial kicking game when his team is so capable of getting over the game line, their range of strike runners is second to none but as soon as they break though the first tackle they freeze as if they suddenly realise they're not supposed to be there!

Can anyone explain to me why you wouldn't target your 6' 10", highly athletic player in the first half lineouts? Although to be fair they were generally a strong point of Scotlands game and will certainly worry the Welsh in that area.

secrets in symmetry
05-Feb-12, 19:37
Why do they keep picking this man for the Scottish Rugby Team-Anyone know?Because he's Australian, and because our National Side's recent coaches keep getting their kickers in a twist...?

tonkatojo
05-Feb-12, 22:06
England didn't win that game, Scotland lost it.

Aye 13-6 says a win to England, don't forget there were numerous new faces on both sides. Now the Welsh win over Ireland was a closer encounter.

linda.borgie
05-Feb-12, 22:23
Was at the game and Scotland definately outplayed England but Parks I felt let Scotland down not intentionally but he was the weakest link lol!!!

tonkatojo
05-Feb-12, 22:53
Was at the game and Scotland definately outplayed England but Parks I felt let Scotland down not intentionally but he was the weakest link lol!!!

This bloke was not too pleased either http://uk.news.yahoo.com/salmond-condemned-over-bbc-194842402.html

Whitewater
05-Feb-12, 23:23
Salmond is now so far up his own rectum I'm surprised he even wanted to take his head out to get on TV, he would have had such a hard job washing all the excrement off that the BBC have probably thought that he wouldn't have made the start time anyway.
see http://uk.news.yahoo.com/salmond-con...194842402.html

On a more serious note, Scotland have hardly scored a try since Trevor Townsend took over the training of the backs, they want to try and get Alan Tait to return to training them, at least he knew how to get them running the angles and make them all aware of where they should be in relation to the ball carrier and he had them all calling out so that the ball carrier was aware of who was near him. There seemed to be a bit more spirit in the team when substitutes were put on. As was said earlier Scotland lost the game, but at the end of the day England go down as the winners and they scored the try that mattered even though it was a defensive blunder by Dan Parks

Kevin Milkins
06-Feb-12, 01:36
Aye 13-6 says a win to England, don't forget there were numerous new faces on both sides. Now the Welsh win over Ireland was a closer encounter.
I wasn't being derogatory towards England, It was just my opinion on what I saw in front of me on the day. Scotland (I thought)were a better side and deserved to win, having said that, if either Scotland or England play to that standard against any of the other teams on show at present form and they will get beat.

tonkatojo
06-Feb-12, 16:28
I wasn't being derogatory towards England, It was just my opinion on what I saw in front of me on the day. Scotland (I thought)were a better side and deserved to win, having said that, if either Scotland or England play to that standard against any of the other teams on show at present form and they will get beat.

I totally agree, and I wasn't saying owt different but the result is all that matters, some teams as you well know play different to what I and I expect you want.

weezer 316
06-Feb-12, 20:53
I cant see how you can blame robinson. Quite simply we bottled our chances. What can he do to legislate for dropping/knocking on/giving away pens in their 22 when they have everything right to get there in the first place?

laguna2
07-Feb-12, 18:13
Acording to Real Radio news at 5pm - Dan Parks has announced his retirement from international rugby!!!

laguna2
07-Feb-12, 18:19
Yep, just checked the SRU site and he is retiring with immediate effect!

david
07-Feb-12, 19:15
Yep, just checked the SRU site and he is retiring with immediate effect!

Some good news at last!

Corrie 3
07-Feb-12, 19:18
Acording to Real Radio news at 5pm - Dan Parks has announced his retirement from international rugby!!!
Hounded out by Members of the .Org.........How disgraceful!!!

C3...............;)