PDA

View Full Version : orger night out?

katarina
03-Nov-06, 13:31
Are the orgers having a Christmas night out? If not why not? Bout time we had another.

changilass
03-Nov-06, 13:39
Sounds like a great idea to me Katarina, I will be there with bells on :lol:

squidge
03-Nov-06, 13:43
You should hire a bus and come to sneckie - dinner could be on me - all the recipes in the recipe section should allow us to find a nice dinner i could cook[lol]

Kingetter
03-Nov-06, 14:26
Are the orgers having a Christmas night out? If not why not? Bout time we had another.

Is it allowed?

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=16897

[lol] [lol]

Jeid
03-Nov-06, 14:31
Sounds like a great idea to me Katarina, I will be there with bells on :lol:

You might also end up with a noose on :lol:

Billy Boy
03-Nov-06, 14:43
You might also end up with a noose on :lol:

maybe we could have a fancy dress, say a mods and rockers night[lol]

Cattach
03-Nov-06, 14:45
You should hire a bus and come to sneckie - dinner could be on me - all the recipes in the recipe section should allow us to find a nice dinner i could cook[lol]

How about an Indian or a Chinese for our night out? I am sure there will be no problem taking our Christian money!

canuck
03-Nov-06, 15:02
Patience gals, patience. "Org"anization for this next event has begun. :)

squidge
03-Nov-06, 15:38
How about an Indian or a Chinese for our night out? I am sure there will be no problem taking our Christian money!

What about all the atheist money and agnostic money we have amonst us - any problem with that? :)

grantyg
03-Nov-06, 16:13
I`ll be up over xmas and would love to put some names to faces!

JAWS
03-Nov-06, 16:19
I will be there with bells on :lol:Oh no! Not Jingle Bells again? :roll:

golach
03-Nov-06, 16:27
Hmmm, Just noticed not many fellas rushing to sign up for this do, what does 'at tell ye fellas?[lol]

Cattach
03-Nov-06, 16:30
What about all the atheist money and agnostic money we have amonst us - any problem with that?

No problem with any sort of money. I was more thinking of Christian culture rather than Christian Religion - realise there is slight contradiction there but you must know what I mean. Also point being made is that most 'non-Christians' or other religions are happy to take the money and make a living without all this PC nosense. We are attributing to them views and prejudices which the majority do not have.

katarina
03-Nov-06, 16:45
Is it allowed?

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=16897

[lol] [lol]
Weel, I'm for it, and if there is any ethnic/aethiests/whatever orgers who DON'T want to join in -tough cookies!
How about a gangster and flapper night? Or a sixties? I should have some left over gear from that era!

The Pepsi Challenge
03-Nov-06, 16:47
What date do people have in mind?

changilass
03-Nov-06, 16:49
Although all the way over in Canada, perhaps Canuck could tell us, as she seems to have some insider knowledge:D

katarina
03-Nov-06, 16:49
Any date in december is good for me as long as it's no the 9th.

squidge
03-Nov-06, 16:52
Weel, I'm for it, and if there is any ethnic/aethiests/whatever orgers who DON'T want to join in -tough cookies!
How about a gangster and flapper night? Or a sixties? I should have some left over gear from that era!

Id never make a flapper KAtarina but i do a pretty good medieval wifie

acameron
03-Nov-06, 16:53
Im up for it as long as one of the Admin dress up as Santa, and I get a huge present.... I mean HUUUGGGE present.

Hope everyone has jingly bells all the way

connieb19
03-Nov-06, 16:55
I'm up for it too, I could do with a night out.

canuck
03-Nov-06, 17:09
Although all the way over in Canada, perhaps Canuck could tell us, as she seems to have some insider knowledge:D

After the June get together, Gleber2 offered to host an event at the Lighthouse. The offer is still open, but he needs someone else to organize it. When no one else came forward, I volunteered. I've checked with a few of the main players about dates. I am waiting on the host to check his calendar. It will happen, it will happen.

It could lead to a cook off between G2 and squidge. We would all be winners if that was the case. All except we offshore types. But then it could be restaged when any one of us visited!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
03-Nov-06, 17:10
I'm up for it too, I could do with a night out.

Me too Connie.:lol: :lol:

Jeid
03-Nov-06, 18:42
After the June get together, Gleber2 offered to host an event at the Lighthouse. The offer is still open, but he needs someone else to organize it. When no one else came forward, I volunteered. I've checked with a few of the main players about dates. I am waiting on the host to check his calendar. It will happen, it will happen.

It could lead to a cook off between G2 and squidge. We would all be winners if that was the case. All except we offshore types. But then it could be restaged when any one of us visited!

No offence, and nothing against G2, but I don't think it's a very good idea to have a night out at someone's house. A night out is supposed to be just that, a night.. out.

connieb19
03-Nov-06, 18:48
No offence, and nothing against G2, but I don't think it's a very good idea to have a night out at someone's house. A night out is supposed to be just that, a night.. out.
I don't know about anyone else but to me, a night up at the lighthouse would be a night out. :confused I think it's a great idea to have it there.

willowbankbear
03-Nov-06, 19:23
Never been to the Lighthouse , would love to go but I probably wont be there:confused

canuck
03-Nov-06, 20:00

I wasn't trying to interfere with other get togethers. I was only trying to let people know that the summer talk about a Lighthouse event had not really fallen off the table. I know that I cannot be there, so I volunteered to do the internet stuff to help make the arrangements.

katarina
03-Nov-06, 20:02

I agree. The lighthouse is great for a musical night, but for this kind of thing? And what would we do with the lurkers? And then everyone would have to organise transport - i vote spoons again.

Gleber2
04-Nov-06, 01:15
To end one aspect of the debate, my original offer was for a night in October but now my schedule is such that a get-together here is impossible for the rest of this year.:~(

Piglet
04-Nov-06, 01:22
So what u are saying Gleber2 is u retracting ur offer at the moment.

To many interested.:D

Fran
04-Nov-06, 03:01
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/13/13_4_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZN) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_4_5.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZN) Maybe it would be ideal to be held in Wick or thurso, or half way at Watten, as we could have thick snow on the roads then.???

canuck
04-Nov-06, 04:21
To end one aspect of the debate, my original offer was for a night in October but now my schedule is such that a get-together here is impossible for the rest of this year.:~(

There's me out of a job. Oh, well, perhaps we can get started on gleeber's election campaign instead.

candyfloss
04-Nov-06, 14:27
I'm up for a christmas night out and i'm sure Zippy would come too, spoons would be fine by us we would'nt have far to crawl home then :lol:

katarina
05-Nov-06, 15:19
Okay - have we got a date then?

Moira
05-Nov-06, 22:47
I'm all for it - should we put up a poll to choose a date like the last time?

katarina
06-Nov-06, 09:54
yeah go on then - i'm no sure how to do it.

henry20
06-Nov-06, 09:56
Moira has kindly set up a poll here:

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=17027