PDA

View Full Version : quiz question

apollo69
22-Dec-04, 20:38
Question:

Is jjc :

a) A gay/human/animal rights crusader who is fighting for these causes
b) An attention seeker, who doesn't get out often, and by being controversial can get some sort of conversation with the outside world
c) A slever

Answers on a postcard please. Terms and conditions apply.
jjc and relatives of jjc are not allowed to enter.

:D :D

jjc
22-Dec-04, 20:48
Wow! I didn't think it was possible for you to show yourself up any more than you already had. Clearly your ignorance knows no bounds… :roll:

jjc
22-Dec-04, 20:53
Colin/Niall/Bill,

I know that there are rules here about abusive or hateful (and arguably nonsense) posts, but please leave this thread where it is in evidence of this person's complete lack of manners.

Thanks,

JJC

apollo69
22-Dec-04, 21:06
Nothing abusive or hateful in there - genuine question. I'm curious.

jjc
22-Dec-04, 21:10
I'm curious.
You'll get no argument from me on that one...

RandomHero
22-Dec-04, 21:34
jjc has to get over himself. he stands up for everything but all his opinions would work if we lived in a perfect world. he's some kind of acctivist for the world, trying to always come off as the good guy. i dinnae buy it.

Colin Manson
22-Dec-04, 21:38
Colin/Niall/Bill,

I know that there are rules here about abusive or hateful (and arguably nonsense) posts, but please leave this thread where it is in evidence of this person's complete lack of manners.

Thanks,

JJC

Since the post in question is directed at you I guess I can let it pass but if apollo69 continues to post in this manner then I will apply the rules and he/she will end up with a ban.

Cheers
Colin

apollo69
22-Dec-04, 21:43
Colin, please put me right here.

Can you explain how it is abusive or hateful? The only bit which could loosely be described as abusive is the 'slever' bit, but it's not offensive in any way.

Colin Manson
22-Dec-04, 22:13
apollo69,

I don't think it needs explaining, it's pretty clear to everyone else. The rules and terms and conditions are simple and it's the not your interpretation of those rules that counts.

Just because you don't find it offensive doesn't mean that it wouldn't offend most people.

Mr P Cannop
22-Dec-04, 22:39
he/she should get a ticking off ??

Rheghead
22-Dec-04, 23:33
BTW what is a slever?

I honestly do not know!

Naefearjustbeer
23-Dec-04, 00:20
Saliva, drool,spittal, slevers etc all mean the same thing

squidge
23-Dec-04, 00:28
jjc is very thorough in his responses and passionate about what he believes in. why is that hard for people?

A little passion is a good thing if you ask me especially when discusisng subjects like we have lately

Rheghead
23-Dec-04, 00:29
Question:

Is jjc :

a) A gay/human/animal rights crusader who is fighting for these causes
b) An attention seeker, who doesn't get out often, and by being controversial can get some sort of conversation with the outside world
c) A slever

Answers on a postcard please. Terms and conditions apply.
jjc and relatives of jjc are not allowed to enter.

:D :D

a) I cannot find any suggestion that jjc is gay or not though jjc does seem to be liberal in this field which is good, but it is totally of no concern to me anyway. He must be human unless he is an alien. jjc does have some animal rights sympathies and shouldn't we all?

b) No jjc is not an attention seeker, he/she rarely starts threads himself/herself.
If you refer to jjc's opinions as a reflection of jjc's limited interaction with the real world then yes, jjc doesn't get out much. I am in a remote area of Caithness myself with no pub to go to, so yes i am as guilty as jjc about being controversial on caithness.org to get conversation!

c) don't know what this means?

squidge
23-Dec-04, 00:35
But Rheghead, you and jjc have so much in common

You are both such sweethearts

:D

DrSzin
23-Dec-04, 01:34
Hey jjc, I'm really sorry to hear that you don't get out much. I will be in your town on Jan 5 & 6 and I would be delighted if you and your partner would join me for a wee dram to celebrate the New Year.

jjc
23-Dec-04, 01:50
Hey jjc, I'm really sorry to hear that you don't get out much. I will be in your town on Jan 5 & 6 and I would be delighted if you and your partner would join me for a wee dram to celibrate the New Year.
That sounds like a grand idea. You'll have no problem spotting me when we meet up... I'm the one with jaundice (haven't been out in the sun for months you know ;))

DrSzin
23-Dec-04, 02:53
Ok, but if I don't spot you, then I will be the one carrying the vodka-soaked copy of the Daily Mail, the cheap cigarette lighter, and a pristine copy of The Guardian under my arm. Or was it the other way round?

apollo69
23-Dec-04, 09:39
Oops maybe it looks wrong! It doesn't ask if he is gay human or an animal, it asks if he is a gay rights, human rights, or animal rights crusader. Sorry if it appeared different.

Rheghead - a slever is just a fun term for someone who talks nonesense.

Rheghead
23-Dec-04, 12:29
Hey jjc, I'm really sorry to hear that you don't get out much. I will be in your town on Jan 5 & 6 and I would be delighted if you and your partner would join me for a wee dram to celebrate the New Year.

Hey, that sounds great can I come as well as I don't get out much either? :D

I promise not to argue... :eyes

squidge
23-Dec-04, 12:37
Rheghead - a slever is just a fun term for someone who talks nonesense.

The answer has to be that jjc is a decent human being who simply has opinions that differ from yours Apollo. Why is that so hard for you . jjc takes your posts apart and leaves you nowhere to go as far as i can see. I can understand why you dont like that as it must make you feel exposed and maybe faintly ridiculous but it is actually what is supposed to happen when intelligent people have a debate. jjc posts his opinions. He rarely posts insults and "slagging offs" unless he is responding to those posted by others.

We are having a debate but you seem to get upset when the errors omissons and childishness in your posts is pointed out. I dont get it to be honest - isnt that part of the fun?

squidge
23-Dec-04, 12:38

No no no no no!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant go and thats not fair - you all arent meeting up and leaving me out. I will stamp my little foot and sulk. [mad]

apollo69
23-Dec-04, 15:23
Squidge - he doesn't take anybody's posts apart and leave them with nowhere to go. He fails to accept that there are more and more people starting to stand up for themselves and not be brainwashed. He takes the posts apart alright, but tries to be superior the whole time, as if he is always right. Whenever there's anything involving anything vaguely controversial he's off putting the world to right. I know you are of a similar mindset, so I can see why you would throw in all the belittling comments about childishness etc. I may not be using big words, or spending hours trawling the internet to back up my argument, but some of us don't have as much time to do that. It doesn't make me or the others who have different opinions to you two any less intelligent, contrary to what you both think.

I think that is the most annoying thing - being made to feel as if I am not worthy of an opinion. That's the way his posts come across, and you are in danger of going the same way. There is a backlash starting to happen against all the political correctness nonesense that is taking over the country, and the perfect amongst us should realise that and start to open your eyes and ears to other opinions without putting them down the whole time.

squidge
23-Dec-04, 16:10
Hang on a minute here

Its a debate

He thinks he is right
i think i am right
you think you are right
Rheeghead thinks he is right

Why are jjc and i poutting people down when we voice an opinion and you arent? The childish comment was in response to this particular thread which - you have to admit is a bit silly and childish. I have responded to this silly thread in an appropriate way. On the Bezhti thread i have done the same. this is a silly subject and YOU started it so you get a silly and flippant response.

I am really really sorry if you find my opinions superior cos i try hard not to be. I just feel as passionately about my beliefs as you apparently do about yours. Where there is a serious point made ( like this) i try to answer it as fully and as objectively as possible. I have already said i dont do loads of research i just know what i know, i read and i understand stuff in my way and thats it. Why does that annoy you Apollo?

I have already said i am just me and i do not accept that i put your opinions down in any way - where you have made a serious comment i have dealt with it in a serious way, I actually DISAGREE with many of the points you make - should i just shut up cos you tell me to do so?

apollo69
23-Dec-04, 16:28
You don't annoy me one bit my dear lady! jjc does however belittle anyone who disgrees with him which is very annoying. I have never told you to shut up, nor have I tried to make out I am right. The whole way through this recent topic I have been defending my views on the issue and pointing out that one (that's ONE) poster won't accept other opinions. Whenever anybody says anything they don't like they jump onto their high horse. From what I can see from the thread in question I am certainly not alone in my views so it would be nice to be treated as having some intelligence.

This post was a bit of fun, nothing more nothing less. If you think it's childish that's up to you. I thought it was quite funny and relevant. ;)

squidge
23-Dec-04, 16:38
hmmmmmmmmmmm

I have a choice here i guess. i can stubbonly and indignantly point out where i think you have suggested mean things about me or i could get off my high horse - smile gracefully and not be patronised by "my dear lady"

As i am a grown up 40 year old sttrong independant woman :o) i have learned when to accept a peace offering so i will dismount and live to fight another day

[lol]

apollo69
23-Dec-04, 16:42
Good to see a weakness at last :D

...and a slight hint of a sense of humour?

Okay, I'll get me coat... ;)

squidge
23-Dec-04, 17:02
WEAKNESS???????????????????

WEAKNESS????????????????

and surely you have seen a humour hint before now or i am really slipping!!!!!

You get your coat and ill get my boots andyoull get a kick in the proverbial

Rheghead
23-Dec-04, 20:14
My main fear was jjc would not post any more 'pathetically namby pamby but well researched' posts.

That would leave me with no worthy opponent to gloat at, after I have destroyed his arguements!! :lol:

apollo69
23-Dec-04, 21:13
Squidge - I hope you are not suggesting violence. Tut, tut. You of all people! :D

Your halo is slipping :D

Joking....before you take it the wrong way.

squidge
23-Dec-04, 23:34
Hmmmmmmmmmm

Very amusing lol..... I wear no halo, have many weaknesses and am a little tedious at times. but i try to have a good heart and i truly believe the things i post about, i hate predjudice and unfairness and i am prepared to stand up and be counted on that. I believe that people deserve a fair chance and where there is unfairness it should be challenged. I hate bigotted clap trap and i am passionate in challenging this wherever i can - it comes from sitting in a car whilst some people who were giving me a lift spouted the worst sort of ignorant narrow minded racist rubbish and i said nothing. I was about 18 i think and i felt so ashamed of myself i have never done it again. I dont wear rosy coloured glasses but i do try always to see where there is good in people.

jjc is articulate and bright and yes he and I share many views. I think he often does take your posts apart - many of you and mostly with great effect.... he is much better at it than i am. I think that maybe annoys some of you but i smile and cheer occasionally lol

Chill folks - its a message board!!!!

:evil

apollo69
23-Dec-04, 23:51
Well we will have to disagree on jjc squidge, I don't feel his posts although there's loads in them have any real substance at all. He's certainly intelligent and can put the stuff together well, but he hides behind big words, and picks little bits out and twists it round to make it look like a great argument, when he's either missed the point, or deliberately avoided the main bits.

You and I clearly differ in our opinions but discussions are different completely from those with the other one.

Rheghead
23-Dec-04, 23:58
jjc must have a helluvva good scrap book on topical issues because I fail often to find stuff via google to find out how he knows certain things.

BTW When you are engaging with the all knowing one it is useful to keep your responses it the absolute minimum or you just give him more ammunition to twist things with! ;)

DrSzin
24-Dec-04, 02:52

You promise not to argue? Well, that wouldn't be much fun would it now?

You can come but don't bring Buzz Aldrin with you.

jjc
24-Dec-04, 12:02
Apollo69,

Once I was sure it wasn't going to be removed, I had planned not to respond to you in this pathetic thread. However, I feel I should explain myself.

I'm sorry that you believe I feel I am 'always right' and I'm sorry that you think I don't respect your right to an opinion. Neither is the case. Argue your point. I'm a big boy and am more than happy to recognise when I'm wrong.

However, when I disagree with your opinion I will tell you so. If I think what you've posted is nonsense I will tell you so. If you choose to insult me I will insult you straight back. I make no apologies for any of that.

Neither do I make any apology for researching my argument before making my posts. Despite what you might think, it takes only a matter of minutes to find the basic facts of most issues. If you disagree with any of the facts, figures or examples I use you are perfectly free to find your own to use in rebuttal. If you can't be bothered to do that it's your choice.

Finally, I don't belittle you – you belittle yourself by resorting to idiocy (as evidenced with this thread) instead of reasoned debate.

Rheghead
24-Dec-04, 12:16
well said jjc

squidge
24-Dec-04, 12:44
I think you are absolutely right jjc - i am glad you are here mate

:D

apollo69
24-Dec-04, 14:12
You've just done it again - hiding behind words but putting me down again. If I have belittled myself, why would you need to point it out.
I also disagree that you would ever admit you were wrong. Basically you are the type that has only ever been wrong once in your life, and that was the time you thought you were wrong!
Easy to lay down those words "if I am wrong I will admit it" and such like, but there's no evidence in any threads that that is the case.

You say argue your point, but you don't listen. You are already clicking on google before you get to the end of the sentence. Just because I don'y have hours and hours to research for facts and figures, does not mean my argument is not valid.

Have a nice Xmas! I've had enough of bad feeling for now and am going to get into the festive spirit. :D ;)

Rheghead
24-Dec-04, 15:14
jjc wrote

Indeed it does. But then lets look at this duty of care for a moment.

Smoking, horse riding, drinking alcohol, contact sports. These things are dangerous. I presume that none of you smoke or drink alcohol? Anybody play rugby?

Yes. The government has a duty of care to the people. But that doesn't mean that everything that carries an inherent risk should automatically be banned regardless of the ramifications

jjc wrote later on in the same thread...

What about seat belts? Is the government right to make them mandatory?

He did say he was thinking up an answer to explain why he is unclear on this issue.

Either he does think that everthing that carries an inherent risk should be banned or it shouldn't.

I am still waiting, or does he only advocate banning of those activities so long as He does not approve of them?

Consider this as well
jjc pointed out the following,
Rheghead wrote:

Those exemptions are made on health and safety issues not religion.

jjc replied

Oh, I see. So it's okay to have exceptions to legislation so long as you agree with them? I understand…

I understand too...WE both pick and choose.It appears we are not all that juxto-positioned after all!