PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Runs

t
31-Jan-12, 10:49
Planning a run this year West coast borders and up, I know there are groups that do these however the problem is a lot of the campsites etc. wil not take a load of bikers.

So anyone interested prob Jun-Aug time, unless there is a small run already that i could join?

hardcore superstar
31-Jan-12, 10:53
depending on finances .... i might be up for it.

octane
31-Jan-12, 12:24
Get on the bike forums dude as most of the time they all have sub-sections for regional areas as well as a meetings and whats on too. Plus you can find a wealth of handy info/tips etc.

There is loads of forums out there for more or less every bike make as well as generic anything goes type forums

Torvaig
31-Jan-12, 13:53
http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon1.png Courtesy of a previous post on the org.
There are 3 bike clubs in Caithness;
TEAM (The End And More) see website,
CCMC Caithness Classic Motorcycle Club see website meet in the Brown Trout Watten 1st mon of each month
CMXC Caithness MotoX Club for off road riders see website.

t
31-Jan-12, 14:15
http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon1.png Courtesy of a previous post on the org.
There are 3 bike clubs in Caithness;
TEAM (The End And More) see website,
CCMC Caithness Classic Motorcycle Club see website meet in the Brown Trout Watten 1st mon of each month
CMXC Caithness MotoX Club for off road riders see website.
Thanks for that but the "TEAM (The End And More)" there s very little info on these from what i can see and the classic bike run is not for me, prefer a faster pace.

But that asside the point of doing a run with a few people is so that we do not have the issue with campsites etc. saying that they take bikers but as soon as they here you are taking for than a dozen of you they all of a sudden say its a no MC site....

t
31-Jan-12, 23:33
Get on the bike forums dude as most of the time they all have sub-sections for regional areas as well as a meetings and whats on too. Plus you can find a wealth of handy info/tips etc.

There is loads of forums out there for more or less every bike make as well as generic anything goes type forums
Well was planning a rideout with the Bandit forum guys but as there is a lot of them going this year could not get a campsite for 30+ bikers the owners tend not to like that, so they are of on a seperate ride out down to the lakes.

So just though half a dozen or so would do the run from here then at least we would be leaving all from the same place.

However all that said will be doing the run myself and 1 other regardless just the extra company would have been good

sids
01-Feb-12, 07:47
Our little lot has been doing bike trips to campsites, B & B and hostels since early nineties and I've never even heard the expression "no MC." Do you and your friends somehow come over as undesirable when you try to book?

Booking under a name like Hells Monsters or Rancid Badgers MC probably wouldn't help.

t
01-Feb-12, 09:57
How many of you are there when you go on your runs

Blackbird
01-Feb-12, 11:01
I too have never heard of the 'no bikers' rule for a long time now, maybe in days gone by, yes. Like everything, common sense applies. I often go camping with at minimum 20 other bikers never had any problems if it's explained who you are and what you're doing, group of friends travelling, etc. I'm going to Broomfield in Ullapool in September with about 60-80 others, one in the Lake District with about 80ish.

alcyjohn
18-Feb-12, 20:09
hows it going there are small groups of bikers in caithness that do runs often and are not part of the local clubs im trying to get more of these groups to post on the org so that more bikers are aware of these runs and can get involved im part of a small club and we often do day runs and rallies i always post on the org so that other bikers can get involved wether they want to be part of the club or not there is not enough bike meetings in caithness and the word of runs doesnt get spread so if there is gonna to be any runs please post on the org and let the other bikers new and old join in. My club is THE BACK O BEYOND MCC all welcome with no pressure to join give me an email at thebackobeyond@btinternet.com if you are interested in joining in any events and runs this year cheers from alex