PDA

View Full Version : Who did the beach clean?

Nwicker60
30-Jan-12, 16:19
Volunteers 'dunn-et' and the north end looks tidier

THE north end of Dunnet Beach now looks much tidier following a recent public beach clean on Sunday, organised by The Highland Council Countryside Rangers.
In total throughout the day about fifty people volunteered their time to help pick the litter from the beach which had gathered in great quantities during the winter storms.
Highland Council’s North Caithness Countryside Ranger Paul castle said: “The amount of litter we removed was staggering and way beyond what I thought we would manage. I really would like to thank everyone for their sterling efforts and particularly Dunnet and Canisbay Community Council and Highland Council TEC Services for their support and also David Glass for the use of his tractor and trailer.”
Regarding future beach cleans Paul said: “If any local groups are interested in undertaking regular beach cleans here at Dunnet Bay then I would love to hear from them. We can support groups by supplying bags and gloves and removing the collected rubbish following a beach clean. Anyone interested can contact me on 01847 821531 or by email at paul.castle@highland.gov.uk.”