PDA

View Full Version : Tesco's deals

dachs4
28-Jan-12, 15:03
Just been over at Tesco's ( Thurso ) for weekly shop, thought i was getting bargain by buying pork mince and stir fry beef which was labeled ANY two for £6.00 went to checkout and i was charged £7.30 so i went to customers services when i noticed i was charged full price, operator got her supervisor to sort mistake out as it was quoted on both items any two for £6.00.

Supervisor refused to refund my money because one item was pork and the other beef, after demanding i should get items because they were advertised on goods any 2 for £6.00 without any luck this did no good so i asked for head office number who i will be contacting.

What really don't understand is she refused to refund my money because 1 items was pork the other beef, but when you go to buy the deal any 3 for £10.00 you have a choice of whole chicken, chicken fillets, beef mince, steak, and pork chops so what is the difference between the bargain 2 for £6.00 and the one for 3 for £10.00.

Is tesco's misleading there customers?

So customers of Tesco be aware you might not be getting a bargain!

starfish
28-Jan-12, 15:21
i keep having a similar problem when doing on line shop deals are unavailable even though the dates for the deals are still current

stekar
28-Jan-12, 15:26
Similar here, bought two multipacks of crisps on bogof. Advertised ANY two so bought two different varieties as per shelf edge label. Didn't knock the multisave off at the checkout.

Customer services insisted it had to be the same item, then gave me 10p refund. Had to point out they owed the price of a multipack and not 10p.

This was Thurso store.

kerry9316
28-Jan-12, 15:32
I would email them, I thought i'd brought something when on offer online, but it was ME who had got the dates wrong on when they offer was valid, but they still refunded me the difference as if i'd got the offer without me even asking for it!

lisagrace
28-Jan-12, 16:01
I rarely check my receipt but am going to start, however I did my christmas shop online and it was a nightmare, my delivery arrived on the 23rd and there was no turkey (i ordered joints 2 for £8 which just so happened to be discontinued over christmas) or smoked salmon so had to go and spend an extra £40 when I thought i had already done my shopping. but the special offers were really annoying all the wine I had selected was on special offer and not available so they gave me alternatives which were the same price but obviously not a good deal as the ones i had picked were meant to cost double. I bought 3 of the party food items to qualify for a special offer but one wasn't available so they sent a birdseye alternative which I didn't want and ended up paying full price for 3 items. Also lots of the food had a short shelf life and had to be frozen apart from a family size pack of mushrooms which were out of date the following day! I couldn't be bothered complaining but I won't do it again

jings00
28-Jan-12, 16:40
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/panorama/2011/12/the_truth_about_supermarket_pr.html
You might find this interesting

poppett
28-Jan-12, 17:18
I had the same arguement in Thurso tesco two weeks ago over chicken and fishcakes. Both marked with red buy 2 for 5. If they want to insist on no mix and match then different coloured labels should be used for similar priced offers. The writing explaining that it has to be two products the same is so tiny a magnifying glass would be required to read it. The supervisor was so stroppy with me as if it was my fault I felt like dumping the trolley and going to the Co-op. Annoyingly the shelf stacker had told me that I could have any two items with 2 for £5, so even the staff don`t know how the offers work.

Do not know why shops just can`t make the goods cheaper, then we just buy what we want or need.

rich62_uk
28-Jan-12, 17:27
They seem to price change each week ? One week the noodles for example are 13p next they was 45p, they was not on offer at anytime so how do they explain it ? I find that Tesco's are cheaper for a few weeks in general and then its the co ops turn etc. So shop around its worth it !

Fran
28-Jan-12, 19:23
Todays special bargain buy 2 poacks of coke drink for a big saving yet you were much cheaper to buy the 2 packs seperately, not together, doesnt make sense.

Ricanna
28-Jan-12, 20:53
Buy meat at local butchers--much better, just saying!

Gronnuck
28-Jan-12, 23:56
Buy meat at local butchers--much better, just saying!

Absolutely - the local butcher will tell you where the meat has come from, which farm and how long it has taken to get to the shop counter. Tesco's on the other hand will be very vague and mention Argentina and a refrigerated container ship.

Tilly Teckel
29-Jan-12, 02:19
The only good deal I ever got from Tesco was a few years ago when I did my online shop and ordered a load of Easter eggs. When they were delivered the boxes were all crumpled and the eggs broken. I called customer services and was sent a voucher for replacements. The best bit was I didn't have to return the broken ones so I got to eat them!!

lisagrace
31-Jan-12, 01:04
The only good deal I ever got from Tesco was a few years ago when I did my online shop and ordered a load of Easter eggs. When they were delivered the boxes were all crumpled and the eggs broken. I called customer services and was sent a voucher for replacements. The best bit was I didn't have to return the broken ones so I got to eat them!!

Have to say I got a 'good deal' when i bought a pack of prawns, costing £5 and the guy rang it through 5 times (!) They refund you double if they make a mistake so i basically got my shopping free (and I do love getting clubcard vouchers)

billmoseley
01-Feb-12, 20:08
seems i have been banned. here is a letter i received today

Dear Mrs. Moseley
Over the past six months, your husband has caused quite a commotion in our store. We cannot tolerate this behavior and have been forced to ban both of you from the store. Our complaints against your husband, Mr. Moseley are listed below and are documented by our video surveillance cameras:

1. June 15: He took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in other people’s carts when they weren’t looking.
2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.

3. July 7: He made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the women’s restroom.

4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice, ‘Code 3 in Housewares. Get on it right away’. This caused the employee to leave her assigned station and receive a reprimand from her Supervisor that in turn resulted with a union grievance, causing management to lose time and costing the company money.

5. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and tried to put a bag of M&Ms on layaway

6. August 14: Moved a ‘CAUTION – WET FLOOR’ sign to a carpeted area.

7. August 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told the children shoppers he’d invite them in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department to which twenty children obliged.

8. August 23: When a clerk asked if they could help him he began crying and screamed, ‘Why can’t you people just leave me alone?’ EMTs were called.

9.. September 4: Looked right into the security camera and used it as a mirror while he picked his nose.

10. September 10: While handling guns in the hunting department, he asked the clerk where the antidepressants were.

> 11. October 3: Darted around the Store suspiciously while loudly humming the ‘ Mission Impossible’ theme.

12. October 6: In the auto department, he practiced his ‘Madonna look’ by using different sizes of funnels on his chest.

13. October 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through, he yelled ‘PICK ME! PICK ME!’

14. October 22: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumed a
fetal position and screamed ‘OHNO! IT’S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!’

15. Took a box of condoms to the check out clerk and asked where the fitting room was?

And last, but not least:

16. October 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile, and then yelled very loudly, ‘Hey! There’s no toilet paper in here.’
L

Kodiak
01-Feb-12, 21:39
Oh Yeah! I believe you received that letter, NOT.

For a start, Handling Guns in the Hunting Department.

This seems to be lifted from an American site somewhere.

Not funny at all.

billmoseley
02-Feb-12, 09:18

Not funny at all.
sense of humour bypass?

Phill
02-Feb-12, 09:41

Not funny at all.

sense of humour bypass?

Ha ha ha ha!!

Kevin Milkins
02-Feb-12, 10:54
I was sent to Tesco Yesterday armed with a shopping list by Mrs M.

I am a bit of a creature of habit and like to take advantage of deal whenever I can and have always taken advantage of the "three for £4.00" on the 1ltr of orange juice.:Razz

After putting three in my trolley I noticed the deal had been changed to "two for £3.00" and I put one back, however, a lady by the side of me put three in her trolley and didn't notice. Is this clever or crafty marketing?:confused It certainly doesn't inspire trust with me, but I suppose I can choose were I shop.

ScottM
02-Feb-12, 12:27
Also lots of the food had a short shelf life and had to be frozen apart from a family size pack of mushrooms which were out of date the following day! I couldn't be bothered complaining but I won't do it again

I worked in a Tesco's down south for 6 weeks through xmas a couple years ago and was told if an online order came in then to ENSURE that short life products were packed. I also saw a few packers being reprimanded for packing longer shelf life products.......i'd certainly never use their service after this.

badger
02-Feb-12, 12:28
I feel very sorry for Tesco store staff as think head office have completely lost the plot on pricing. They change offers far too much, have conflicting prices on items, all much too complicated. I queried the price of smoked mackerel the other day as they had packs with identical contents but smaller ones cost more than larger ones in next compartment. Staff member agreed. Notice things have got worse since change at the top, new CEO. As for multi offers - nightmare !

badger
05-Feb-12, 22:57
I was sent to Tesco Yesterday armed with a shopping list by Mrs M.

I am a bit of a creature of habit and like to take advantage of deal whenever I can and have always taken advantage of the "three for £4.00" on the 1ltr of orange juice.:Razz

After putting three in my trolley I noticed the deal had been changed to "two for £3.00" and I put one back, however, a lady by the side of me put three in her trolley and didn't notice. Is this clever or crafty marketing?:confused It certainly doesn't inspire trust with me, but I suppose I can choose were I shop.

Went to buy my usual two apple juices today (Kevin - I'm ahead of you there as noticed the change last time!) and saw they were £1.48 each or two for £3.00. That didn't seem like a great multi-buy so asked an assistant who took it to be checked by the computer - came back with same answer. All the others were £1.75 each. At the checkout I warned the girl because I wasn't going to pay £3.00 but they came out as £2.96 for the two. System has gone mad :eek:

Whitewater
05-Feb-12, 23:41
You really have to watch all Tesco Multi buys, you will generally find that if you buy the same amount of individual items it cost less, also on the specials check the price per kilo and then check the price per kilo on the smaller packs and you will find it is always less.
That was part of the reason why Tesco came last in the December (I think) issue of which magazine which had tested eight or nine supemarkets. Waitrose was first with Lidl and Aldi coming a close second all scores in the 80s or high 70s. Co-op and Tesco were last with scores in the mid to low 40s. Always watch the specials. However, the have a good deal on petrol vouchers at the moment.

billy5000
05-Feb-12, 23:45
yeah but no petrol station unless i travel to wick from tongue:(sort of cancels out any saving that way

talking of deals,ive picked items up in the reduced areas and when ive got to the till they charge me a non reduced price dispite the sticker but ive been carefull and i walked them to the shelf and showed them thier error and got my reduction(tins of tommatos)4 pack for 90 odd pence!

secretsquirrel
06-Feb-12, 12:09
The trouble is that consumers do not know their rights and staff in supermarkets do not know them either or ignore them. Any problems I allways ask for a senior manager to deal with it, if the staff at the counter give me problems and suprisingly it is allways sorted out in my favour.

badger
07-Feb-12, 18:28
I've been trying to get contact details for the relevant director but, in spite of those listed on their website, the one I want has apparently since departed. Wonder why ?? Always complain to the top ;)

Kodiak
07-Feb-12, 19:04
If you spend £60 at Texco then you get a Voucher giving you 10p off per litre of fuel. Not a bad deal this. :D

luna11
07-Feb-12, 19:08
it does not even have to be on offer for them to over charge me from the price on the shelf to the till. come on tescos get your act together

Corrie 3
07-Feb-12, 19:09
yeah but no petrol station unless i travel to wick from tongue:(sort of cancels out any saving that way

talking of deals,ive picked items up in the reduced areas and when ive got to the till they charge me a non reduced price dispite the sticker but ive been carefull and i walked them to the shelf and showed them thier error and got my reduction(tins of tommatos)4 pack for 90 odd pence!
Oh Billy, Tesco tomato's are only 15p per tin, you could have got 4 for 60p!!!

You really do have to keep your wits about you when you shop in Tesco!! The best I have ever seen was on "Brains Faggots"....They were £1 for a pack of 4....and £1 for a pack of 2.....How do they work that one out?

C3...................:roll:;)

Kodiak
07-Feb-12, 19:35
Oh Billy, Tesco tomato's are only 15p per tin, you could have got 4 for 60p!!!

You really do have to keep your wits about you when you shop in Tesco!! The best I have ever seen was on "Brains Faggots"....They were £1 for a pack of 4....and £1 for a pack of 2.....How do they work that one out?

C3...................:roll:;)

I do not know but perhaps they should have used their "Brains" [lol]

Allsorts
07-Feb-12, 20:50
I did an online order for home delivery and even though I bought more than £70 never got the petrol 10p off a lt for fuel as they apparently didn't have any - phoned up and have got no where am not impressed

luna11
07-Feb-12, 21:09
i recently moved house and actual found going to 99p shop, factory shop, semi cemi much cheeper then tescos.

so its worth shopping arround