PDA

View Full Version : No phone....

Dadie
28-Jan-12, 00:10
We cannot phone out.
Bgut incoming calls are ok.
Isnt it funny this has happenened since our provider until now has been informed of the change of provider...?
Our new provider isnt going to take over until to the 8th feb...
I cannot make any outgoing calls until this is sorted and our mobile network is patchy ..I cannot get a signal in the house for love or money.
What can we do?

Aestus57
28-Jan-12, 10:06
Write Letters????:eek:

DeHaviLand
28-Jan-12, 10:24
Your provider wasn't BT by any chance Dadie? I have a theory about them taking revenge on customers who cancel.

BRIE
28-Jan-12, 11:04
This is exactly what happened to my friend when she changed from BT to another provider too. They said she would have to pay to be reconnected & would take 2 weeks!

Kirdon
29-Jan-12, 19:16
We cannot phone out.
Bgut incoming calls are ok.
Isnt it funny this has happenened since our provider until now has been informed of the change of provider...?
Our new provider isnt going to take over until to the 8th feb...
I cannot make any outgoing calls until this is sorted and our mobile network is patchy ..I cannot get a signal in the house for love or money.
What can we do?

Report it faulty!

Dadie
29-Jan-12, 23:05
Surprise surprise that was the first thing we did.
OK.. after walking up the road until we got reception.
Did all the test calls ....waiting for an engineer to come out....

TAFKAL
30-Jan-12, 11:31
Skype? You can call landlines :)

Dadie
30-Jan-12, 17:10
It was the phone provider taking the huff, methinks......they disconnected it before the new one takes over ....not happy!
Im coming round to the idea they are doing it for revenge with the remarks on here and a couple of pms, is there anything I can do about it?
Financially....?
Rather than just putting up with it and putting it down to experience...and my thoughts are what if the kids took ill but not bad enough for a 999 call or a 2 hour wait at A&E...etc....
I thought I read they have to compensate you if the phone was down for x amount of time.......as its pretty bad as we do not have mobile phone reception (on any network) at home!

ScottM
30-Jan-12, 23:25
BT did exactly the same to me when after the years contract was up and i wanted to change over to O2. I called BT on the monday (3rd January) to say i was moving to O2 and needed MAC code (for broadband) and that i was transferring over on the 23rd (3 weeks time) (all in 2011 btw). Asked why i wasn't staying with BT and i politely said "£20"........pause.......reply came "£20? what do you mean sir?".....reply was "It's £20 a month cheaper to go with O2 for phone and broadband than staying with BT, can you equal or beat that?" i gave them the chance but they wouldn't budge on price so i arranged for the phone transfer to go ahead......following morning i get a call on my mobile from a customer trying to call the shop??? i pick up the phone and its dead! 3 weeks i lost the use of the phone and internet and if it wasn't for my home phone with answer machine & internet i reckon maybe £1.5k lost business. I tried to claim off BT but they didn't care, wouldn't entertain the claim and cited many many reasons for the line "failure"....so a word to the wise, BT are struggling for business and more so now it costs £15 a month for line rental alone so why stay with them!