I think it started around 1982

annemarie482
27-Jan-12, 16:54
tut tut mr p cannop!

cheating at the mfr competition!

you could have googled it to be more discreet :lol::roll:

poppett
27-Jan-12, 18:59
23rd February 1982. I know because I was there and it launched the day after my namesake auntie`s birthday.

Corrie 3
27-Jan-12, 19:06
tut tut mr p cannop!

cheating at the mfr competition!

you could have googled it to be more discreet :roll:
Oh no!! You mean we have a CHEAT on the .Org???????

Shame on you Mr.P.Cannop!!!!
Thats not very sporting is it?????

C3..................:eek::roll:

embow
27-Jan-12, 20:48
23rd February 1982. I know because I was there and it launched the day after my namesake auntie`s birthday.
And I'm fairly sure not long after starting there was a massive power cut across the north due to the usual frequent blizzards which we never get now. MFR just managed to stay on air and entertained everyone who had access by battery powered radios by doing an emergency show from the foyer of their HQ using a generator and a presenter who could play the guitar and sing a bit. You could hear about places getting their power back as the evening went on e.g. "That's Invergordon back on." or "Power is now back for the folks in Fortrose", "Dingwall is still in the dark but Wick is back on" etc, etc. I'm fairly sure they were given some type of award for this within the first year of operating.
Ah! These were the days!:o)

Crackeday
28-Jan-12, 07:09
And I'm fairly sure not long after starting there was a massive power cut across the north due to the usual frequent blizzards which we never get now. MFR just managed to stay on air and entertained everyone who had access by battery powered radios by doing an emergency show from the foyer of their HQ using a generator and a presenter who could play the guitar and sing a bit. You could hear about places getting their power back as the evening went on e.g. "That's Invergordon back on." or "Power is now back for the folks in Fortrose", "Dingwall is still in the dark but Wick is back on" etc, etc. I'm fairly sure they were given some type of award for this within the first year of operating.
Ah! These were the days!:o)
Was tich mcooey a mere teenager then? He seems to have been around for longer than 1982, or does it just seem that way? ;)

poppett
28-Jan-12, 15:00
Tich McCooey, Helen McPherson and Alistair (name escapes me just now) were built in with the bungalow bricks!!

Fran
28-Jan-12, 19:31
I know the answer cos I worked for them, but the competition is done now, and Paul didnt win it ha ha

Mr P Cannop
29-Jan-12, 10:55
I know the answer cos I worked for them, but the competition is done now, and Paul didnt win it ha ha

thats mean Fran