PDA

View Full Version : Possible help needed, Inverness area

Tugmistress
26-Jan-12, 07:56
Hi,
if everything goes ok my daughter should be transferred from aberdeen to inverness on friday (tomorrow) and then depending on how things go (results change daily) they will deliver her baby next week or the week after.
I can stay in kyle court for a couple of nights as i am her birthing partner, but after that i have to pay and i cannot afford that, so i am looking for some kind soul in or around inverness to stay with for a few night until i can bring her home to thurso, i will even share the dogs bed if the dog will allow ;)
please either email me or pm me if you think you can help, sorry it's all a bit vague but i know they want to try to get her to 37 weeks but they are also saying this may not be possible, she will be 36 weeks on saturday, but at least the baby is big.
thanks in advance

Paula

phil1958
26-Jan-12, 09:44
hi tugmisteress sorry to hear you been put in this situation and no place to stay while you and ur lass have a baby u must be worried enough so dont take this the wrong way but as youve helps us orgers i would like to help you a little and maybe other will to if you pm me ur adress i will gladly send you £10 towards digs to stay while your little one is coming into this world ..all the best and i hope others will help to and you wont be offended ....phil

lisagrace
26-Jan-12, 11:21
hi, my baby was born at 35 weeks and everything was ok so try not to worry, although he did have to stay in SCBU for 2 weeks. I was in inverness for 4 weeks (i was in for 2) but luckily my mum lives there and very near to Raigmore, i will ask her for you. The other thing is if your daughter is ok after having the baby but the baby has to stay in they will probably discharge her (my baby was born at 3am and I was discharged at 11am) and she will need somewhere to stay to and won't get priority for Kyle court if its alread booked.

poppett
26-Jan-12, 15:12
If your GP agrees it is in your daughter`s best interest for you to stay in Kyle Court then the fees can be waived. He needs to send an email of support to the Kyle Court manager, then the room is yours without payment and you still get your meal vouchers for the staff canteen.

Good luck.x

Tugmistress
26-Jan-12, 20:38
Thank you you 3, hopefully i have somewhere sorted, so thank your mum for me Lisa please :) and thank you so very much phil for your generous offer :) and thank you poppett for the advice :)

Fran
27-Jan-12, 01:27
Hi tugmistress, get the maternity ward to give you a form, signed, and take it to the cash office in Raigmore and your accomodation in kyle court or raigmore hotel, same price but better, will be paid, so dont worry. It will definetly be paid for you. good luck to you both, how lucky for you to see your grandchild come into the world.

purplelady
28-Jan-12, 01:18
hi just want to say my son was born at 36 weeks and spend one nite in special care he is now a sprapping lad going on 16 so try not to worry x

lisagrace
28-Jan-12, 01:36
Hi tugmistress, get the maternity ward to give you a form, signed, and take it to the cash office in Raigmore and your accomodation in kyle court or raigmore hotel, same price but better, will be paid, so dont worry. It will definetly be paid for you. good luck to you both, how lucky for you to see your grandchild come into the world.

Hi Fran i'm not disagreeing with you as you sound like you have had experience but when I was there I wasn't offered any accommodation (i did ask and didn't say I had family there) there was also a woman from Fort William who's baby was in SCBU and she didn't either and could only travel every second day, we were the babies mothers so I can't understand why they would give accommodation to grandparents never mind waiving the fee. Sorry don't want to get away from the point but I had a terrible time