PDA

View Full Version : cat grooming

bigk
23-Jan-12, 14:52
Hi orgers we have a long haired cat that takes a lot of grooming normally but this time she is all 'matty' if thats a word???....is there anywhere in thurso that grooms cats?...thanks...

lisagrace
23-Jan-12, 23:20
you could try asking one of the dog groomers if they would do it as i don't think there is, don't take her to the vets as they will give her a number one!

kriklah
24-Jan-12, 01:00
if your careful with a pair of scissors, you can cut the matts out yourself, just dont cut too close to the skin. can depend on the temperment of the cat tho. 2 of my cats are long haired, and i frequently have to threaten them with a buzz cut!!! but they are both such placid wusses that they lay there and let me snip the lumps out no bother. ( if only my 16 year old son was so easy going come haircut time!!)

Dadie
24-Jan-12, 01:11
A good pair of battery operated(so you can chase her around)
haircutters is needed ...or book her into pampered pets!

aidipi
24-Jan-12, 10:28
Have you tried a furminator on your cfat? They are very good and inexpensive. I have one for my cat and a larger one for my dog and they work pretty well, especially on the dog who always has lumps of hair matted together.

You can get them online and possible in the pet shop in wick.

kerry9316
24-Jan-12, 10:39
I second the vote for a furminator i got mine off ebay they are amazing!! good luck

Liz
24-Jan-12, 14:01
I'd highly recommend a furminator as well. You may need to cut the worst of the matts out first though.