PDA

View Full Version : The lottery

billy5000
23-Jan-12, 02:25
Hi all

im bored so im going to play a (what if) game:)

Right! lets just say you won the 40million pound jackpot on the lottery.

What would do with it and where? its a fantasy game we have all played at one point or another and im interested in what other people would do if this kind of life changing event happend to them..

would you stay in britain or choose to buy a property abroad and a small one in the uk so you can avoid being screwed by the rising cost of being a uk citizen!

I would buy a house abroad with a small one here to use when visiting family!!
I would spoil myself to a nice car and a decent family car.
I would buy each of my kids houses when they reach that age and allocate them an emergency protected fund incase of dire hardships as i would not have money come inbetween my kids ability to manage money!

one or two holidays a year and a boat for fishing and a decent pair of jeans and the rest id put in a high interest account from one of the many banks that would be crawling for my money and maybe invest a small percent in small businesses in britain to try and help the many struggling hard workers get a foot hold so the taxes dont finish them off before they can get off the first rung of the ladder!

what would you do and how....
id would most likly have my fingers in many business ideas which would be designed to help those that would normally hit a brick wall,like inventers and all the red tape that kills allot of good ideas,that and the patent crawl!

sorry if its a boring topic but i needed abit of light dreaming to break up the feeling of getting knowhere while im stuck in this country and dying a slow and boring death eating substandard meals dished out by the lowest bidder because our goverment has taken the only thing that made sure you where cared for and happy in your twilight years!!

god im a misery gutts:)

pmcd
23-Jan-12, 11:15
OK Billy, as you can see there's any number of people ready to dash your dreams to the ground - but not me, no Sirree! Here we go - I too reckon it's a bit of a tall order winning the Jackpot, but as long as the dream is there, you're living in hope. and, as the man said, you gotta be innit to winnit. (I wish these announcers would talk proper!)

Anyways up - here's what you do. When your revolting meal arrives - I guess mince slurry and tatties slurry - keep a small portion aside each day, and form it into a cylinder, and leave it to set.

Each day that should yield say 2" of something looking like a cotton reel.

Glue each daily segment so that it stands on top of the next one.

Slowly but surely you're building one very tall column.

Eventually you will have enough for the following to happen

a) You enter the column as a Turner Art Prize entry, titled "Despair Off The Plate", and win £50,000.

b) You enter the Guinness Book of Records for having produced the tallest column of pre-faecal matter on the planet. The consequent appearances on Breakfast TV should bring in say £5,000.

c) You use the income so far generated to hire lawyers to sue your "meals on wheels" service for treating you in an undignified manner.

d) Age Concern pick up on your Crusade, and highlight you in their monthly magazine.

e) An opportunistic coalition government makes you "Seniors Czar", and appoints you to the House of Lords

f) On THEIR daily expenses, you can start looking forward to Lobster and Oyster sarnies, washed down with Laurent-Perrier Rose, with a few profiteroles chucked in. And enough left to buy a few more lottery tickets.

g) As all the winners OBVIOUSLY live in London, you'll pick up the Jackpot in no time, since you are now a bloated plutocrat......

h) Sorted!