PDA

View Full Version : Brown Bin Uplift in Thurso

auldalto
01-Nov-06, 09:53
Does anyone know why the bins for garden rubbish werent uplifted yesterday, or did they just forget to come to our street(Dunbar Terrace)

Mr P Cannop
01-Nov-06, 10:15
phone the thurso service point

henry20
01-Nov-06, 17:06
can't help you auldalto, but ours never got emptied a fortnight ago (mount vernon). I assumed hubby put the wrong bin out, but he hadn't.

Whitewater
01-Nov-06, 17:26
This week in Wick it was the blue bins which were uplifted, don't know if it's the same in Thurso.

Sandra
01-Nov-06, 17:52
Mine was uplifted today, and I'm in Springpark area.

auldalto
01-Nov-06, 18:09
Thanks to you all. I phoned the service point and they had "just forgotten"

Buttercup
01-Nov-06, 18:40
Thanks to you all. I phoned the service point and they had "just forgotten"
Surely they have a certain route to follow. How on earth can they have "just forgotten" :confused or was it just your bin they didn't empty?

henry20
03-Nov-06, 09:32
My bin didn't get emptied again yesterday. :roll:

Mr P Cannop
03-Nov-06, 10:20
Dunbar Terrace gets their bin empited on tuesdays

Spirit
03-Nov-06, 10:24
One week I was out I noticed them emptying both the normal waste and brown bin into the same rubbish cart.

Mr P Cannop
03-Nov-06, 10:36
One week I was out I noticed them emptying both the normal waste and brown bin into the same rubbish cart.

not sure why they did that

henry20
03-Nov-06, 10:48
Dunbar Terrace gets their bin empited on tuesdays

So Auldalto pointed out, but mine never got emptied yesterday in Mt Vernon which is due to get emptied on a Thursday - same as my other bin does. It was, brown bin wasn't.

Billy Boy
03-Nov-06, 11:40
So Auldalto pointed out, but mine never got emptied yesterday in Mt Vernon which is due to get emptied on a Thursday - same as my other bin does. It was, brown bin wasn't.

what time was your bin out?at this time of year there arn't to many brown bin's out,it then stand's to reason that they might of been round alot earlier than normal,;)

henry20
03-Nov-06, 11:53
either on wednesday night or by 7am - hubby puts it out, not me :lol:

Billy Boy
03-Nov-06, 12:00
either on wednesday night or by 7am - hubby puts it out, not me :lol:
ooooh well lol they must have had there blinker's on then[lol]

henry20
03-Nov-06, 12:02
Not to worry - it'll soon be compost, then it won't need to be emptied, I can recycle it myself ;)