PDA

View Full Version : How long will it last?

squidge
21-Jan-12, 10:27
Ok Music boys and girls, Saw Thin Lizzy last night at the Ironworks. Was Awesome and I was right at the front leaning on the barrier.It was a treat for my birthday. So... given that I havent been to a rock concert in many years and cant remember ever being at the front ever, how long is this ringing in my ears and the deafness going to last lol. I thought it might be better this morning and it is slightly so but not a huge amount. I dont mind just now - its making me smile cos it was an awesome night but it might be a bit irritating to everyone else if I spend the whole time saying "what did you say?"

Great night though :)

David B
21-Jan-12, 20:53
I was a few feet from the front. Hearing felt ok this morning.

Great Lizzy set. Ricky Warwick fitted in really nicely. My only critique is that, as a 6 piece now, there was occasionally too much going on in the mix. A minor point but it was the fault of the sound crew and not the band.

Main surprise of the evening was the support act. Never heard of them before. Triggerfinger, from Belgium. Power trio.

Distinctive look, bonkers and totally original sound and best dressed band I have ever seen.

Very mature band. When they came on stage my first thought was that Be Bop Deluxe were now looking a bit rough!

Great night. Followed by a day shopping in Inverness. Not long home. Must get the kettle on.

squidge
21-Jan-12, 21:15
We thought Triggerfinger were great too heavy on the Bass and I like that. I liked Ricky Warwick - thought he gave Lizzy a dirtier more modern sound and there were loads of young ones there too. My husband isnt a lizzy fan but agreed to come to look after me lol. He was however delighted that Ricky Warwick was up front as he is an Almighty fan. My ears are not bad now - still ringing a bit and a bit deaf but nowhere near as bad as this morning. I was a bit alarmed when i woke up lol.

johnnybear
05-Feb-12, 00:03
you should have gone to Aberdeen Music Hall in the early 90's to see/hear The Alimighty THEN you would know what ringing ears were really like!!! (i wont even mention Wishbone Ash in the 70's)

David B
05-Feb-12, 10:54
I saw The Almighty at the Music Hall in the 90's. Was it really so long ago? Lots of stage diving but not really enough people to soften the landings.

My ears are buzzing at the moment after seeing Feeder at the Ironworks on Friday. I did not intend going but my son bullied me in to taking him.

It was a really great night. They showcased a lot of new material and it was all good. The gig was very loud but the sound was good and the vocals were really clear (that's how Thin Lizzy should have sounded).

The place went mental when they played Buck Rogers. Always a favourite of mine. Back in the day I wanted my covers band to do this one but was outvoted - although I did manage to get Local Boy in the Photograph added to the set list.

Set list negotiations were like political whealing and dealing. My other vote for Ace of Spades was rejected but I got Paranoid instead. And I formed a coalition to get Smells Like Teen Spirit. Great days.

I'm tempted to set my drums up and give them a bash for the first time in a while. Now where did I leave the cymbals?

squidge
05-Feb-12, 11:39
Aye husband saw the Almighty in the 90s too. He said they were LOUD. He also saw them when they headlined the Bulldog Bash in 2006. He says that was his Best one but it could have been the mix of the Almighty, the bikes and the booze that made it so lol. Heady combination! We were tempted by feeder too but doing the Lizzy concert one weekend, followed by our Burns party last weekend (71 people and singing til 5am) has finished us off. We needed this weekend to recover lol.