PDA

View Full Version : Drever and Heddle

achingale
20-Jan-12, 16:17
Anyone had problems getting property information from Drever and Heddle? My friend has asked on at least 4 occasions for information on a property and the most she got was a couple of read receipst. If I was a client and knew someone was after information on the property I wanted to sell and they had not passed it on I certainly would not be a particularly happy bunny. As I say, just wondering if anyone else has had problems getting information..?

Phill
20-Jan-12, 18:08
Not a very sporting post that is it!

Get a hold of Archie Miller (I'm sure his details are on the website) he's very helpful.

scotsannie
20-Jan-12, 20:39
Hi Achingale, Have sent you a pm.

achingale
20-Jan-12, 21:16
Have replied scotsannie. Phill, it may not be sporting in your eyes but it is very annoying to someone who is a position to put an offer in on somewhere but the estate agent refuses to get back to her with information she has requested. It is the sellers I feel sorry for as they have now missed out as she has walked away from that particular property. No offence was meant - I simply wanted to know if others had problems this way.

leafylass
20-Jan-12, 22:02
Achingale - you don't say whether your friend has viewed this property but assume she has if she is in a position to put an offer in. If she has, how did she originally get in contact with Drever and Heddle to arrange such. If she hasn't viewed the property and was as keen as you suggest she was then if I experienced this problem, I would phone the office to confirm whether they received my e-mail/s and ask the question/s at that point. Unfortunately mail servers fail from time to time which can involve the e-mails being lost.

I recently used Drever and Heddle for the marketing and conveyancing of my property and can honestly say that they were nothing but professional in their handling of it which is what makes me think that there may have been some failure in their e-mail server. I think worth a call before questioning the professionalism of them, particularly if your friend was really interested in the property

Carole
20-Jan-12, 23:24
This is the type of thread which resulted in the 'Recommendations' forum being closed down for a while - then it was brought back with the proviso that admin/moderators would be vetting posts before they went live. You have effectively circumvented that safety net by posting in this way.

Angel
20-Jan-12, 23:58
I have over the years used several estate agents for the purchase of property within Caithness. D & H and the company that was there before them never ever got back to me with any information. I have been on both their mailing lists for over 15 years and have never received a single communication. Will never use them or enter there premises again. They are, or the reception at least are useless! Sorry if that is harsh but it is the truth.

Angel...

pumkin
21-Jan-12, 00:14
I have over the years used several estate agents for the purchase of property within Caithness. D & H and the company that was there before them never ever got back to me with any information. I have been on both their mailing lists for over 15 years and have never received a single communication. Will never use them or enter there premises again. They are, or the reception at least are useless! Sorry if that is harsh but it is the truth.

Angel...

I'm glad you said this first, Angel. I wanted to stay out of this thread, but it seems like many folk have had the same problem.

We went to look at a property Drever & Heddle were advertising back in the summer. I was told that I couldn't get a viewing for a fortnight due to their "man" being on holiday.

I was peefed off, I stayed calm & asked if they would contact us when they were "available".

I'm still waiting for that phone call.

Then again, maybe they're so inundated with work that they can't find the time for new clients.

Tam 2000
21-Jan-12, 18:38
We found them most unhelpfull as well and we would certainly not use them again.

achingale
23-Jan-12, 15:47
Leafylass it was one of those properties where you can visit whenever and she and her husband really liked it but they gave up trying and have actually just found somewhere else. She e-mailed and got read receipts so she knows they got the queries. This thread was not intended to be anything like a 'recommendation' thread Carole - you have read something into it that just is not there. I merely wanted information on whether others had had problems. Most of you have been very helful, citing e-mail issues etc and I very much appreciate it. I will pass all the comments on. This thread is now closed.

Drever & Heddle
25-Jan-12, 11:06
We take note of what is being said here. We are not aware of any complaints being made to us regarding these matters.

If anyone has a complaint we feel it would be best if they were to raise it with us so that we can discuss it and deal as appropriate. We are always prepared to discuss any matters where our customers feel we are not providing the level of service they would expect.

We do aim to provide a high standard and respond to the needs of client’s generally and those who make enquiries about the properties we are selling.

The telephone number is 01847 894379. Our partner Archie Millar’s mobile number is 07732 973089 if you would prefer.