PDA

View Full Version : Wasps!!!

ginajade
31-Oct-06, 23:55
Is anyone else in Caithness being bothered by wasps? We have had 8 lethargic, but very large wasps in the house in the past two days. Do not know how they are getting in and cannot find a nest. Help!

ginajade
31-Oct-06, 23:58
Apologies. Have posted this twice. Not used to computers yet.

JAWS
01-Nov-06, 00:20
Apologies. Have posted this twice. Not used to computers yet.Can't help you with the wasps, but don't worry about the Computer.

I've been around them for more years than I care to remember and if you ever get used to them just let me know how you did it. :lol:

Just when you think you have got them beaten they pull their tongue out at you, laugh in your face and make a fool of you.
Just accept that their only reason for existing is to drive you crazy and on the occasions they are not doing that just accept that you are having a lucky spell.

Hope you get the wasp problem solved because they are just like computers, they wait until you least expect it then the damn things sting you!

oldmarine
01-Nov-06, 00:27
Is anyone else in Caithness being bothered by wasps? We have had 8 lethargic, but very large wasps in the house in the past two days. Do not know how they are getting in and cannot find a nest. Help!

Be careful how you handle the wasps. It's best to ignore them if possible. They have a terrible stinger that can be quite painful and they don't like to be aggrevated. As for knowing how they are gettin in, look for openings around window and door frames or perhaps through the chimney. Also, look for an entemologist (sp?) to give you advice.

jinglejangle
01-Nov-06, 14:17
I have noticed quite a few wasps this year and also looked for a nest but found a lot in the window jams! I find the hoover works wonders!!!

ginajade
02-Nov-06, 19:19
Thank you to all for your advice. I would not have made such a fuss but I am allergic to wasp stings and do not know if the kids have inherited the same reaction as they have been fortunate not to be stung yet. Poor partner is on wasp watch and is the kids hero when he gets them. Still can't find where they are coming from but they seem to be dying by the time they appear. We think possibly the recent winds have disturbed a nest and our newly installed pulteney heating is attracting them in. Any way we continue to be observant.