PDA

View Full Version : Curry---Please!

Photographer
17-Jan-12, 21:45
I have not had a good curry in over three years and the smell of the one I just cooked for the wife is driving me mad. Her curry was beef and I do not eat meat.

So where does a soft Englishman get a good HOT (not sweet) curry in these parts.

Guaranteed custom to the right one!

Thank you

Sharkey

chocolatechip
17-Jan-12, 21:49
The Spice Tandoori is good, I like it in there haven't been in there for a while

Tilly Teckel
17-Jan-12, 23:46
The Spice Tandoori is good

Seconded! Last time I went there the food was delicious :)

Bobinovich
18-Jan-12, 00:37
Thirded, tho' we've got to be careful about recommending Indian restaurants on the Org (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?73801-Best-Indian-in-Caithness/page4) :eek:

Crackeday
18-Jan-12, 12:24
Bombay spice is good, if you tell the chef exactly how you like it he'll cook it for you, He does it for me.
Spice tandoori I find pretty "plain" for want of a better word, but each to their own.

Photographer
18-Jan-12, 13:35
Thank you all. Will report back after eating the evidence ;-)

Mystical Potato Head
20-Jan-12, 18:00
Can thoroughly recommend a Chicken Naga Morich,Phall hot, from the Spice Tandoori in Thurso.

You have to ask to get it Phall hot.Cant say i've had a better one anywhere.

Koi
21-Jan-12, 01:33
Come round to my house and i will cook one that will knock your socks off [lol]

Can do a vegetarian one as well if meat is not your thing ;)

It's all in what you use as a sauce and special ingredients. ;)

secrets in symmetry
21-Jan-12, 02:17
You have a possible hot date there Photographer - I suggest you take up Koi's kind offer!

Can I come too?

Fran
21-Jan-12, 03:34
Halkirk has a great indian restaurant and takeaway, they have a buffet on sundays so you can try out all the different tastes of curry and they do vegetarian too.

Photographer
15-May-12, 21:05
Just had a takeaway from "Spice Tandoori"

Oh dear.

Biryani - coloured rice with cucumber bits. Chewy bits (assumed to be the prawns)
Vegetable curry - mostly root crop stew and a pinch of curry powder
Stuffed paratha - no fruit, no almonds, lots of pink coconut

Cannot remember when I last had a curry like this?

Maybe a 'Vesta' in 1968 would come the nearest - no no no that was only a £1:00, sorry my wife tells me it was 79p.

gerry4
15-May-12, 22:22
Well must say, never had a bad one from Spice tandoori. I have had curry's in Brick Lane, Whitechapel, Southall, as well as numerous 'normal' areas. I noticed you wanted fruit with your curry, then maybe go back to Vesta meals.

sids
15-May-12, 22:54
Mr Photographer was desperate for a curry in January and has now bought one and didn't like it.

I say we forget him.

harden
16-May-12, 08:51
why not try the curry king in wick there chef there will make the kind off curry u as for and should enjoy ....

Nettie
16-May-12, 09:18
Mr Photographer was desperate for a curry in January and has now bought one and didn't like it.

I say we forget him.

so ..... 'sids' now runs .Org forum?????:lol:

sids
16-May-12, 12:03
so ..... 'sids' now runs .Org forum?????:lol:

If people do as I say then yes, I am in charge.

It's a big "if" though.

Photographer
16-May-12, 12:53
Well must say, never had a bad one from Spice tandoori. I have had curry's in Brick Lane, Whitechapel, Southall, as well as numerous 'normal' areas. I noticed you wanted fruit with your curry, then maybe go back to Vesta meals.

Yup u's rite.

Peshwari Nan - sweet almonds? and ground coconut - my fault

Still quite the most tasteless trash part eaten for sometime.

I shall try another just to be sure, maybe something a little more daring :-)

Maybe? but not likely.

Just as a thought, never ever having a bad meal at a restaurant is indicative of two things to my mind.

1 - perfect alignment of chefs standards/taste/skill etc. with the customer over a very long period with no errors or produce variation - how good is that? 5* plus ;-)

2 - customer in very good/relaxed frame of mind on each and every occasion - hmmm?

Photographer
16-May-12, 13:06

I say we forget him.

"Desperate" is a little exaggeration but given where it came from acceptable. :-)

When the mood takes I will try another curry outlet in the area AND post my thoughts what anyone makes of it is up to them. Far be it from me to demand a response to my lowly opinion. Still I am sure venting the spleen regularly is healthy - especially after slightly dodgy food.

sids
17-May-12, 08:29
Did you hear the one about the Englishman who moved to remote northern Scotland and complained about the Indian food!

Maybe the Australians are right about you lot.

Corrie 3
17-May-12, 10:03
Did you hear the one about the Englishman who moved to remote northern Scotland and complained about the Indian food!

You're not currying any favours then Sids?

C3.......:roll::roll:;)

sids
17-May-12, 11:17
You're not currying any favours then Sids?

C3.......:roll::roll:;)

Nan at all.

Like others above, I've eaten curries all over the UK, including places of national renown, and the Spice Tandoori at the Camps really is pretty good and pretty consistent. I haven't tried their peshwari nan, because only losers eat that, obviously!

I've nothing against English people or anyone else, but it strikes me as strange that the guy feels it's worthwhile telling us he's an "Englishman." He wants a curry but it takes him five months limbering up before opening his little purse and buying one. Then it's "tasteless trash," even though it's the first curry he's tasted in three years. And why does he cook curries, but only ones that he thinks he can't eat? Why can't he eat meat? Is he an ungulate?

All I can say about self-styled "vegetarians" is that there's wiser eating gress.

All

Corrie 3
17-May-12, 14:00
Nan at all.

Too much Argy Bhaji going on Sids, and all over a blooming curry!!! It's good to have a Chaat about it though and say Aloo to everyone on the Forum!!!

C3............:roll::roll:;)

Nettie
17-May-12, 14:18

I say we forget sids after comments like that!:roll:

sids
17-May-12, 14:24
I say we forget sids after comments like that!:roll:..........

Who?

Corrie 3
17-May-12, 16:14

Who?
Vindal who??????

C3...........:roll:;)