PDA

View Full Version : Re: Smallest Street in the UK

dpw39
31-Oct-06, 17:51
Ebenezer Street in Wick is apparently the smallest street in the UK as per the Guiness Book of records (BBCRadio 2 today) something like 25c/ms (?)

Well done Wick

jaykay
31-Oct-06, 17:54
Ebenezer Street in Wick is apparently the smallest street in the UK as per the Guiness Book of records (BBCRadio 2 today) something like 25c/ms (?)

Well done Wick

I think you will find it is Ebenezer Place!!

dpw39
31-Oct-06, 18:20
I sit in place duly corrected. Sorry it was a typo error.

Ciao,

Colin Manson
31-Oct-06, 19:14
Seems they have changed their minds then, about 23 years ago when I was in Primary school we wrote a letter to Guiness but they said that it wasn't a street because it didn't have two sides. :confused

moose and Lindsay
31-Oct-06, 19:46
I saw this on the telly a good few months ago and it was only 1 door of 1 house that was on that street :D

percy toboggan
31-Oct-06, 21:38
Good to hear Wick on BBC Radio 4 'today' programme this morning, early doors.

Ann
31-Oct-06, 22:47
I saw this on the telly a good few months ago and it was only 1 door of 1 house that was on that street :D

Ebenezer Place is actually the end of Mackay's Hotel and the (only) door in Ebenezer Place is No.1, the name of the restaurant/coffee shop/bar there.

moose and Lindsay
01-Nov-06, 20:38
:lol: I didn't realize it was a hotel, i just remember seeing a door on the telly and i am no use with streets in Wick so i didn't have a clue where it was :lol: