PDA

View Full Version : Beethoven!

rich
31-Oct-06, 17:12
http://www.keepingscore.org/flash/beethoven/index.html

Inside the Eroica! Wonderful! Any comments?

paris
31-Oct-06, 17:39
Understand fully about the deafness, hubby suffers big time with his hearing loss and most of the time shuts himself of so he doesn't have to get involved in a conversation he hasn't understood. jan x Good site !!

elaine
31-Oct-06, 18:12
Am lovin' this site!!
Especially the fact that you can follow the score and watch it being played at the same time. I also like the running commentary and the fact that it describes what part of the sonata form it's at.
Perfect for students trying to get to grips with score-reading, sonata form and analysis!
I see that a companion website to The Rite of Spring is coming soon! Cooooooool!

Interesting fact: Beethoven was the first composer to use trombones in a symphony orchestra - Symphony No. 5.

auldalto
31-Oct-06, 20:37
Tried this site and found it really good.Hope there's more.

rich
31-Oct-06, 22:16
To bad we dont have the pastoral symphony - this will have to do instead!

http://museum.gov.ns.ca/hv/
>

dpw39
01-Nov-06, 23:57
It's got to be the 12th (with real cannons) or the "Pathetique" for me (especially when ironing), or I'll settle for some Enya with a bit of Pink Floyd, Katie Melua, Bread, or what-ever turns you on or tunes you out.

What was that old saying back in the 60's "Switch on, Tune in etc etc).

More smilies for me please.

Caio,

George Brims
02-Nov-06, 00:45
12th? You mean the "1812" I think. Only thing I know with cannons! My wife used to be in an amateur choir in Penicuik and they sang the choral parts of the 1812 in the Tattoo one year. And yes they did have real artillery.

The phrase from the 60s was from Timothy Leary, "Turn on, tune in, drop out", later parodied by Private Eye as Timothy Bleary with "Turn up, talk <short word for excrement>, go home"

dpw39
02-Nov-06, 00:57
12th? You mean the "1812" I think. Only thing I know with cannons! My wife used to be in an amateur choir in Penicuik and they sang the choral parts of the 1812 in the Tattoo one year. And yes they did have real artillery.

The phrase from the 60s was from Timothy Leary, "Turn on, tune in, drop out", later parodied by Private Eye as Timothy Bleary with "Turn up, talk <short word for excrement>, go home"

Cheers George, I've become a Dysfunctional_Senile_Delinquent in my old age (dysfunctional_senile_delinquent@hotmail.com) hee hee :roll:

Ciao,

dpw39 :cool:

More smilies please.

rich
02-Nov-06, 15:32
DPW39, listening to music while ironing is one of the great pleasures of life. Accompanied by a cup of tea.
I wonder if anyone else has noticed that when it comes to music that sounds good in the car some favorite CDs just dont cut it. And others, surprisingly, sound great in the car and nowhere else.
A classic example of the latter is My Fair Lady. Also we have a CD of great Western Movie Themes played by the New York Philharmonic. Home on the Range is the ideal accompaniment for motorway driving. I think there is a tendency for mmusic to sound simulataneously tinny and muffled in the car. To counteract that you need lots of strings and roaring brass sections.
Maybe I should try out some Wagner - the Ride of the Valkyries could add a whole new dimension to crossing the Ord into Caithness. Or possibly the Peer Gynt Suite...the hall of the mountain king....

dpw39
02-Nov-06, 15:43
Maybe I should try out some Wagner - the Ride of the Valkyries could add a whole new dimension to crossing the Ord into Caithness.

Always reminds me of the Americans going into battle in their Choppers in Vietnam, very thought-provoking and very stirring. Fab piece of music though.

Ciao,