PDA

View Full Version : Gastric Band Hypnotherapy

The macs
16-Jan-12, 20:24
Hi was wondering if anyone had tried gastric Band Hypnotherapy, where you are hypnotised into believing that you have had gastric band surgery? I believe the place in Wick, Vitality does it. It's £300 so would like to know if it works or not? Have you lost a lot of weight with it?
Thanks

redeyedtreefrog
16-Jan-12, 21:10
To be honest, I think you should be very wary of buying anything from that shop, especially something that costs £300.. There's no actual evidence supporting that technique at all, so maybe your £300 could be better spent on something like an exercise bike which will definitely help rather than risk it on a dodgy, unproven procedure.

bekisman
16-Jan-12, 22:19
Wondered what it was:
http://www.buildingbelief.com/574/

Tristan
17-Jan-12, 16:39
Or you could try cutting wheat!

mi16
17-Jan-12, 17:46
you could try eating less and exercising more, rather than trying new fangled miracle remedies.

shazzap
17-Jan-12, 18:59
I can't see that working. Even if the mind, is a powerful thing. I wonder if i could have had this, instead of the surgery i had lol.

George Brims
17-Jan-12, 21:21
When I saw the subject line I thought I was looking at some Los Angeles web site, not Caithness! We have some loopy quack stuff here, but that takes the cake.

secrets in symmetry
17-Jan-12, 21:34
When I saw the subject line I thought I was looking at some Los Angeles web site, not Caithness! We have some loopy quack stuff here, but that takes the cake.You should have more faith, George! If someone is so full of faith that they'll pay £300 for the therapy, surely there's a chance that their belief is strong enough that it might actually work!

That was a sample free consultation. All further consultations will require a credit card number. Alternatively, I have a mate who lives down Venice way, he'll take cash. Meet him next to the Muscle Beach. You'll recognise him instantly - he wears a tee-shirt and a kilt, he's the only person for miles around that looks normal. :cool:

cazmanian_minx
17-Jan-12, 21:39
A friend of mine in Thurso had it and has lost a substantial amount of weight - about 4 stone, from what I remember.

secrets in symmetry
17-Jan-12, 21:43
Did your friend have the hypnotherapy, or did she have a (physical) gastric band fitted?

cazmanian_minx
18-Jan-12, 21:00
The hypnotherapy, at Alternative Vitality in Wick.

billmoseley
18-Jan-12, 22:00
you could try eating less and exercising more, rather than trying new fangled miracle remedies.
that sort of remark is not really called for on a thread like this. loosing weight is not as easy as that. it is probably one of the hardest things any one has to do.

secrets in symmetry
18-Jan-12, 22:36
The hypnotherapy, at Alternative Vitality in Wick.Thanks, losing four stone is indeed impressive.

An interesting question is whether it was hypnotherapy or faith in hypnotherapy that did the trick. In one sense, it doesn't matter, but there's a £300 sense in which it does.

Either way, it's still impressive. Good on her!

Hibeechick
19-Jan-12, 00:32
Thought....

Join slimming world or any other weight losing group, pay £3.95 every week... average of 50 weeks a year ( minus xmas week, new year ) attend group for 2 years.... £395.

But because its something alternative and something that not every one understands then it doesn't work... won't work...waste of money yadda yadda..

Some things work for some people...other things work for others. Hypnotherapy might not be for you...slimming groups might not be for you.

To the original poster...maybe go in and have a talk with Alternative Vitality and see how you feel about it after. Can't hurt.

xxx

Croftergirl
19-Jan-12, 00:41
Iv been to see Donna at alternative vitality for a session of hypnotherapy to help wi ma nerves at competitions, it was brilliant. I'm already feelin much more relaxed about the shearing world champs I'm goin to next month. I agree wi Hibeechick, go in and see Donna and talk to her, she's the best one to ask advise about a wonderful service she offers. It's not just hypnotherapy, I think there's a bit of cognitive therapy involved as well. Good luck with your weight loss whichever way you decide to do it, just remember - you CAN do it :0)

mi16
19-Jan-12, 11:07
that sort of remark is not really called for on a thread like this. loosing weight is not as easy as that. it is probably one of the hardest things any one has to do.

losing weight is exactly as easy as that.
A balanced nutritious diet with lots of excercise, simple really.
Unless of course you have other health issues that cause you to be overweight.

Venture
19-Jan-12, 19:07
To be honest, I think you should be very wary of buying anything from that shop, especially something that costs £300.. There's no actual evidence supporting that technique at all, so maybe your £300 could be better spent on something like an exercise bike which will definitely help rather than risk it on a dodgy, unproven procedure.

I think quite a lot of your post is out of order redeyedtreefrog. Why are you telling people to be wary of buying "anything" from "that" shop and where is your evidence this technique is unproven and dodgy? Perhaps if you had read last week's local paper you would have been better informed. Alternative Vitality are a very reputable local business and offer an excellent service which its many customers will vouch for. Perhaps you should find better things to do with your time than slag them off on a public forum.

grandma
19-Jan-12, 22:33
I don't know about the hypno-band but I and my husband have both had success with Donna Booth's hypnotherapy and ear candling. After trying for many years to stop smoking he went to Donna for the hypnotherapy session and hasn't had a cigerette since - almost a year and a half ago. He recommended it to a friend and he's also had success with her.
I had indredibly painful sinus problems for weeks at a time and tried all the remedies from steaming to doctor's prescriptions and it always came back. I had an ear candling session with Donna and the relief was almost instant. It was a long time before it came back again and even then it hasn't been as bad as it was before.
We both found her extremely professional and helpful.