PDA

View Full Version : pregnany cravings

funky-dunky
31-Oct-06, 15:45
has anyone else had really bad cravings while they were pregnant?
I have a really bad cravings for a toffee apple and rocks but i can never get any anywhere . Its horrible as everywhere i look havent got any.

duz any1 know where i might get one.

what cravings has everyone else had??

obiron
31-Oct-06, 15:48
when i was pregnant with both my boys i couldnt get enough of tinned pineapple. it had to be pineapple rings and it had to be del monte. always had at least 2/3 tins in the fridge.

funky-dunky
31-Oct-06, 15:51
cool lol yeah am carrying twins and its annoying when i get really bad cravings and cant find anything i need.
My cravings swap and change the whole time which is the most annoying thing.

angela5
31-Oct-06, 15:52
has anyone else had really bad cravings while they were pregnant?
I have a really bad cravings for a toffee apple and rocks but i can never get any anywhere . Its horrible as everywhere i look havent got any.

duz any1 know where i might get one.

what cravings has everyone else had??

Toffee apples you'll get tonight but ye'll need to dress up. Rocks ye can get them down by the beach.:lol: Seriously sticks of rocks you can get at most sweet shops.

danc1ngwitch
31-Oct-06, 15:53
Coal, i did it and it got outta hand.. they took ma blood and found i was lacking so they gave me Iron with other things in it and after about 2 weeks it calmed down ... did not leave but calmed down ...There is a name ofr such a condition but i cannot recall it.. LoL and no its not maddness lmao,, [lol]

funky-dunky
31-Oct-06, 15:56
no i cant get dressed up am 16 lol. i have been to brass jim bews and the corner shop plus the sweet shop beside the flower shop in princess street but no where had them apart from the corner cafe and that sweete shop on princess street but they were really soft and horrible. yuick i like the hard ones.

chaz
31-Oct-06, 15:56
Mine were bananas with my eldest, plain crisps with the next one,nothing with the middle two, but peanut butter and bacon sandwiches with the little one! At least they werent too strange to eat[lol]

danc1ngwitch
31-Oct-06, 15:58
One of my neighbours used to make the toffee apples so hard u couldna eat em lol .. never ever knew they might have had a use...[lol]

funky-dunky
31-Oct-06, 16:01
lol anyone get a toffe apple pop it around to me lol.

i feel so sorry for moose and lindsays kids as they are stuck in the country side they cant get to go out trick a treating.. hopefully mum has alot off sweets in for them anyway.

angela5
31-Oct-06, 16:02
One of my neighbours used to make the toffee apples so hard u couldna eat em lol .. never ever knew they might have had a use...[lol]

My neighbour used onions and potatoes instead of apples and tricked the kids at halloween :D

funky-dunky
31-Oct-06, 16:05
haha lol imagine that lol a kid cums to your door and you give them a potato instead o an apple. i wish i could even give them summit but am not that long in my house so dont have any money to get things like that sorry kids xx

scrapydoo
31-Oct-06, 16:06
Thats a shame is there no way of getting the kids into thurso or could go in with there friends funcky dunky

funky-dunky
31-Oct-06, 16:08
no they live out in the country sid and no house's around them. i think they might just manage as they are 12 and 13 though hope they do.

angela5
31-Oct-06, 16:10
haha lol imagine that lol a kid cums to your door and you give them a potato instead o an apple. i wish i could even give them summit but am not that long in my house so dont have any money to get things like that sorry kids xx

Don't worry about it, that's one less bag of sticky, tooth rotten rubbish for them.:D

funky-dunky
31-Oct-06, 16:12
yeah i know lol but the worst thing is its my little brothers birthday in 2 days and he duznt do anything for his birthday apart from go out on halloween but not this year.

willowbankbear
31-Oct-06, 16:22
Pizza, Im not pregnant , I just crave Pizza`s:eek:

the charlatans
31-Oct-06, 16:30
with yer belly big bro you don't need any more pizza

squidge
31-Oct-06, 16:34
Ice I craved ice cubes and i crunched them like they were sweeties - crunch crunch crunch. I used to drive my husband mad all the way through his favourite programmes crunch crunch crunch.

Crunched so many that by the time i had my last baby i had put a big hole in a gold crown. I once went into macdonalds and asked for a large coke without the coke just the ice cubes please. I also made him bring me some ice cubes whilst i was in hospital

krieve
31-Oct-06, 17:28
The only thing i craved was not to be sick anymore ;) also craved curry which i had previously hated.[lol]

paris
31-Oct-06, 17:33
Had to have a bowl of chopped fresh tomatoes with loads of salad cream on and anything else i could get my hands on really !! jan x

Phoenix200416
31-Oct-06, 17:36
My sister craved crunchy peanut butter mixed with marmite when she was pregnant. Lucky me had to go and buy it for her and mix it up. It wasn't pleasant!

bobsgirl
31-Oct-06, 17:38
Cravings.....with my 1st one I had a craving for crisps dipped in strawberry yoghurt, especially that transform-a-snacks or prawn cocktails crisps.
With the 2nd I craved confectioners cream, Reids was best place for that!!! Mmmmm could still crave that one...lol!

As for Toffee Apples, try making your own or if not I know that Spar in Ormlie had some earlier today....My sister must have bought about 3 or 4 for her and her kids! Probably well gone by now tho!!

funky-dunky
31-Oct-06, 17:49
aww if i knew that i would have bought a couple lol. i will have a look 2moz and see. thanks x

angela5
31-Oct-06, 19:05
Ice I craved ice cubes and i crunched them like they were sweeties - crunch crunch crunch. I used to drive my husband mad all the way through his favourite programmes crunch crunch crunch.

Crunched so many that by the time i had my last baby i had put a big hole in a gold crown. I once went into macdonalds and asked for a large coke without the coke just the ice cubes please. I also made him bring me some ice cubes whilst i was in hospital

Fantastic it was'nt just me..:lol: i crunched away on ice-cubes all day and night i could not get enough of them. I'd also fill a large glass of lucozade with ice-cubes and be munching away on them adding more and more.
Luckily i never damaged any teeth.:eek:

LRM
31-Oct-06, 20:04
Fantastic it was'nt just me..:lol: i crunched away on ice-cubes all day and night i could not get enough of them. I'd also fill a large glass of lucozade with ice-cubes and be munching away on them adding more and more.
Luckily i never damaged any teeth.:eek:

I had a crunch craving too, but it had to be raw carrots or extra strong mints. I used to be so mad if I bought mints and they were soft, but I soon sussed out where to get the crunchy ones. Sometimes ate three packets a day.

unicorn
31-Oct-06, 20:14
beat this one lol mine was toilet roll!!!!!!! doc said it was ok as long as it wasn't highly coloured. fresh and clean before anyone asks :)

htwood
31-Oct-06, 20:17
First one was oranges, peel and all, and ice. Second one was graham crackers soaked in milk, oh and ice. Last one was not food, were the smells of bus exhaust or laundry soap, oh, and more ice.
Now my baby turned 18, and I'm craving ice again, the flavor is divine, and hey, no calories. Guessing I've gone anemic again.

dragonfly
31-Oct-06, 20:23
mines was ice too and ice cold water out of the bathroom tap, the water in the kitchen wasn't the same and wouldn't do!!:confused

unicorn
31-Oct-06, 20:24
I also wanted to lick muddy tatties, hubby used to drag me past them in shops lol

weeboyagee
31-Oct-06, 20:28
Haven't had any cravings - never been pregnant.............yet...........:D

jinglejangle
31-Oct-06, 21:44
I craved Fab lollys - I would eat them by the box load

kc
31-Oct-06, 23:03
with my 1st it was tomato juice or tomatos and my 2nd, cold custard straight out of the tin!! don't remember anything with the 3rd,

Foxy
01-Nov-06, 00:11
With my 1st it was weetabix and pickled onions.
I didn't have any cravings with my 2nd just awful heartburn. :)

Piglet
01-Nov-06, 00:23
I Didn't have any cravings with my 1st - hubby did, lol [lol] passionfruit yoghurt with cheese or tomato soup with smoked sausage .

2nd i craved curry but no cravings with the 3rd.

JAWS
01-Nov-06, 01:17
Ice cream! Ok, I know, I've never been pregnant. My first wife, first baby.

So what's the problem with a sudden craving for ice cream?
You try finding somewhere that sells it at three in the morning!

I suddenly had a craving, but a life sentence seemed a bit daunting even for an act of desperation!

Fran
01-Nov-06, 01:24
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_4_172.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZN) always knew when I was pregnant because I couldnt bear the smell of cigarette smoke. I craved curry with my pregnancies, I ate so much curry its a wonder my children weren't born yellow.

Big Jean
01-Nov-06, 05:38
Mine was for something chocolate and it had to be right away . I would mix batter for a cake but couldn't wait for it to bake and would sit, large spoon in hand and eat away . Felt sick afterwards but would do it again and again whenever the craving hit ! Never did bake the cakes !! It was the same if it was cookie dough. Cookies never made it to the oven either !

Idlewild
01-Nov-06, 10:33
My 1st it was ice and loads of lolly's, with my 2nd it was everything and anything, my 3rd was loads of curry's, and with my 4th (right now!) its sherbet, sherbet and more sherbet!!

canuck
01-Nov-06, 14:39
I had no idea ice was so popular during pregnancy. With my first it was ice cream, but by the second there was no time for the cream, so plain ice it was. Trays and trays of cubes I crunched. I am surprised that I had any teeth left. Thank goodness she was born 2 weeks early. I am sure it saved a few molars.

Do you think that there is something special about these children whose mother's crunched ice?

brandy
01-Nov-06, 14:56
ohh ohh just to add mine.. pickles pickles pickles.. like the kind on mcdonalds burgers need them crave them must have them!

squidge
01-Nov-06, 15:14
Wow i thought i was alone in crunching ice - Im DELIGHTED to find other mums who did the same

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

girnigoe
01-Nov-06, 17:51
Nice soft Wholemeal Bread with.........Brown Sauce :lol: Yeeeeuuuuccchhhhh!!!

Oh and also Ice Pops..especially Orange ones..

girnigoe
01-Nov-06, 17:54
With my 1st it was weetabix and pickled onions.

EEooooowww. Would that be together??? :grin:

sassylass
02-Nov-06, 04:58
first time I couldn't get enough fruits and veggies and yoghurt, second time I was a meat and potatoes girl and guess what...each child LOVES the stuff I craved while I was preggers with them.