PDA

View Full Version : O2 Service Outage

MR_A
16-Jan-12, 13:48
Hi All,

Anyone else having issues with their O2 coverage in the Wick area today? I have checked online via http://status.o2.co.uk/ and there are issue apparent.

RecQuery
16-Jan-12, 14:00
I noticed last night that I was only able to make emergency calls.

EDIT: It seems to be this (Tuesday) morning but it was down last night also.

MR_A
16-Jan-12, 15:24
Magic Thanks.

Geo
16-Jan-12, 16:21
I'm on giffgaff which uses O2 and there do seem to be problems today. The signal is up and down.

welsh-witch
17-Jan-12, 10:02
im on giff gaff too and still the same as yesterday, up n down grrr!!

billmoseley
17-Jan-12, 21:11
my o2 supply has been fine, mind i did get a bit out of breath when i had to run a bit but i think the amount o2 up here stays constant

chocolatechip
17-Jan-12, 21:47
I was in Wick this afternoon and I'm on 02, an I noticed it wasn't it's self!! Just kept cutting out and saying emergency calls only.

peedie man
17-Jan-12, 22:55
my htc phone is ok but the lg one has no signal been like that all day

chocolatechip
17-Jan-12, 23:13
It's weird how it was just Wick, but it was working fine in Thurso this morning

jimbews
18-Jan-12, 14:20
my o2 supply has been fine, mind i did get a bit out of breath when i had to run a bit but i think the amount o2 up here stays constant
Unless you run up a mountain :-)

It may be that they're working on the system: ours here (in St Andrews) was like that yesterday as they were working on sharing their mast (on top of our building) with Vodafone.
Seems like this is a major undertaking by the mobile providers to get better coverage with the existing number of masts (after pressure from the government or one of its bodies). So expect the same in Thurso etc unless that has been done already.