PDA

View Full Version : So is Friday 13th really unlucky?

teddybear1873
13-Jan-12, 15:46
Anyone got Friday the Thirteenth stories? How unlucky is it really? And what superstitions do you follow? I won't walk under ladders for instance....

Dadie
13-Jan-12, 16:09
Yes it is a bad day for me....not all Fri 13ths ....just today!
I want to go back to my bed and start the day over....
I am losing the battle of wills between me and my 3yo today......

squidge
13-Jan-12, 16:26
So far its not been so bad. Although like you Dadie my four year old is particularly hard work and NOISY. He has not spoken at less than a YELL since I picked him up from nursery at 11.30 and he wants to sit on his sister ALL the time. Think it might be time for Dora sigh

DeHaviLand
13-Jan-12, 16:53
I did have one really bad Friday 13th, about 10 years ago. I was driving a truck for a well-known glass company, through a residential part of Glasgow. I came to a street that was relatively narrow with cars parked on both sides of the road. I had a look at the gap, realised it would be tight, but do-able, and hit the accelerator. Sadly, I was met a short time later by the unmistakable sound of tearing metal. I had completely forgotten that the truck had a 2 foot wide rack on the nearside for transporting glass. Parked up, and walked back to see the carnage. One owner was out surveying the wreckage, and he was wearing his work clothes. A policemans uniform to be exact! He very kindly informed me that the the other car that I hit, just happened to belong to his Sergeant who lived across the road!
On arriving back at the depot, sheepishly, I went to see the transport manager, and explained what had happened. When I finished explaining, I asked him what had happened to the 40' truck that was obviously missing its roof. He thought I was joking but went out to see. Turned out that the agency driver who had taken the truck out had hit a low bridge, torn the roof off, drove back to the depot and scarpered before anyone seen it. The roof was still lying on the road, completely blocking 2 lanes of traffic. I guess the transport manager didn't enjoy that friday 13th either.

ducati
13-Jan-12, 17:00
Superstitious nonsense! Nothing has ever happened to me on Friday th....................

teddybear1873
13-Jan-12, 18:38
Superstitious nonsense! Nothing has ever happened to me on Friday th....................

Try going to Camp Crystal then lol.

Doreen
13-Jan-12, 18:53
Well our new three d tv decided to pack today what a bummer

billmoseley
13-Jan-12, 20:40
do even talk to me about today years of accident free driving and with in 10 hours 2 accidents neither my fault not a happy chappy