PDA

View Full Version : The Royle Family

Cedric Farthsbottom III
30-Oct-06, 23:31
Anybody see the new hour special last night.Me and Obiron thought it was fantastic.But we are having one of our domestics,very rare.I think they call it closure,but oor obiron thinks that she would love to see more of it.Wit dae ye all think?:D

lin
31-Oct-06, 00:20
It was great, mixed humour with sadness, then back to humour again. I really enjoyed it.

Whitewater
31-Oct-06, 00:34
I enjoyed it, always have liked the Royle family, though I must admit that when I first watched them it took me a couple of episodes to get what they were on. I then began to recognise members of our own family in theirs.

Just brilliant!!!!

golach
31-Oct-06, 00:57
I thought what I saw of it, that it was a load of rubbish, but Mrs G liked it, so that says it all for me [disgust]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
31-Oct-06, 01:17
I thought what I saw of it, that it was a load of rubbish, but Mrs G liked it, so that says it all for me [disgust]

Always thought Mrs G was the one wi the humour:lol:

golach
31-Oct-06, 02:09
Always thought Mrs G was the one wi the humour:lol:
You maybe right, she agrees with you, so what can I say, she is the Boss, when I feel like it [disgust]

orkneylass
31-Oct-06, 09:11
I am not a watcher of sitcoms but the Royle family is an exception and that particular one was a work of genius. It is so clever the way in which the Royle family manages to exemplify both the best and worst of british working class life. The way they looked after grandma would put much of our society to shame - love, loyalty, humour and tolerance - all admirable.

Lavenderblue2
31-Oct-06, 12:05
I had never watched this programme before - I don't think I've laughed so much in a long time - the bit where they were putting down the laminate flooring and singing 'I wanna be like you' was just priceless!! What have I been missing all these years!

LB

kani
31-Oct-06, 20:51
Royle Family has to be one of the best sitcoms in recent years along with Early Doors and The Office