PDA

View Full Version : Scotish Gov.

piratelassie
12-Jan-12, 23:03
Now that we have a government that is actually puting scottish interests first I would hope the residents of Scotland will support them so we will finally be free of all the baggage that holds us back.

Fly
13-Jan-12, 00:04
Now that we have a government that is actually puting scottish interests first I would hope the residents of Scotland will support them so we will finally be free of all the baggage that holds us back.

I hope it is but I trust Salmond and the SNP as far as I could throw them. Why can't they tell us what it will cost, what about defence, the EU which many of us want out of, and what if it will be compulsory to adopt the euro and we all know what a fiasco that is, to name only a few concerns.

squidge
13-Jan-12, 00:14
Isnt that why the referendum wont be held til Autumn 2014 - arent we going to be informed over the next 1000 odd days

Rheghead
13-Jan-12, 00:32
Isnt that why the referendum wont be held til Autumn 2014 - arent we going to be informed over the next 1000 odd days

Och away with your voice of reason touch, we want pre-determined opinions here.

piratelassie
13-Jan-12, 01:00
As has been stated, the 2014 date was chosen to enable debate on the various subjects such as previously stated.

MrChow
13-Jan-12, 01:23
The only reason the Tories and Labour want a swift referendum is to avoid any thorough debate on the subject. I think they know deep down the more we see of David Cameron and Douglas Alexander telling us how good the Union is, the more likely we are to vote for Independence.

Rheghead
13-Jan-12, 01:40
The only reason the Tories and Labour want a swift referendum is to avoid any thorough debate on the subject.

From my experience, debate just entrenches both sides of the debate into a more polarised position rather than offer any free flow of ideas.

billy5000
13-Jan-12, 03:38
we could finally be free of the ball and chain round the scottish goverment and economical necks!

im english and i would NEVER go back to that side of the border as i have seen how your treated down there and your not only spat on by your own goverment but by your own people!!(read any news story of some piece of dirt )

The way i see it osbourne is threatening us with loosing the army support and (the pandas:(idiot)and the weak pound!!
and as far as i can see its because they will only get 10% of the oil exports from here (wether thats what they get now i dont now but i can easily see them taking allot more that that at the moment)

maybe we can even get cheaper fuel(heres wishing)but you never know since we wont have to be saddled with the same markup system england has(hopefully)

its amazing really that with all his threats it looks more like hes annoyed that we are still not in the dark ages and he cannot force us to kneel at his feet by threats!

these days its in the form of childish threats ..

you will loose this! and that! and you will have to go into the crappy euro because you cannot think for yourselves and sort your own currency out!!

someone please shut that bloke up!!!