PDA

View Full Version : New Dunbar Dental Clinic

poppett
12-Jan-12, 19:45
Not only is it open now, but my hubby and I have been amongst their first patients.

Initial appointment included a full health screen questionnaire, list of all medications, and personal views regarding your teeth (do you like them, do you like your smile etc.,). Which (if any) treatments you may consider (crowns, whitening etc.,) this was all done with a health care assistant. Then a check up with the dentist who listened carefully to my dislike of anaesthesia in general and past reactions in particular. Also agreed scale and polish would be done along with two small fillings rather than two separate appointments. As a carer this is important to me as taking time out for any appointments has a knock on effect at home.

Hubby had impressions for a partial bottom plate taken there and then, having been told previously this could not be done on the NHS and his fitting and my appointment will be made together.

Excellent treatment and great attention by all the staff we met today to put patients at their ease.

We have waited a long time in Thurso for this NHS practice to open, but for me it has been worth the wait.

Loraine
12-Jan-12, 19:59
That's good to hear! We're waiting for our appointments. Our children are already patients but we've been on the waiting list almost 5 years. Hopefully we'll be seen soon.......:)

MrChow
12-Jan-12, 22:28
Good to hear. Don't know where I am on the waiting list though :D

jings00
13-Jan-12, 08:06
I'm on the list about two and a half years (though it feels like longer).....how long had you been on the list, Poppett? (curious)

poppett
13-Jan-12, 12:31
Almost seven years, although I had received emergency treatment at the bridges and the portacabin at Thurso in that time. Used to combine a check up with husband`s hospital appointments in Edinburgh until our former dentist defected to Manchester.

jings00
13-Jan-12, 12:59
cheers, I think I'll have a wee wait yet then :-)