PDA

View Full Version : Visiting The Elderly

Bigfoot
12-Jan-12, 01:54
My daughter has mentioned that she may like to visit elderly folk for a cup of tea and a blether, help with shopping or whatever help she can give. She is currently away at Uni but would be available throughout the summer if needed. I imagine there is a mountain of checks / paperwork to complete initially but any advice to kick start the process would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

DeHaviLand
12-Jan-12, 02:01
Golach would be delighted to get a visit!

DeHaviLand
12-Jan-12, 02:06
But seriously, if she's visiting as a friend and helping out, she shouldn't have to go through any disclosure checks.

Torvaig
12-Jan-12, 02:21
Citzens Advice Bureau may be able to help you there and advise you on what is needed e.g. identification etc. Good luck, she sounds a nice young lady!

trix
12-Jan-12, 02:26
bigfoot,

theres a thing called the 'befriendin scheme' that she could ask aboot.

jings00
12-Jan-12, 13:04
Befriending Caithness
Laurandy Day Care Centre
Unit 33 Airport Industrial Estate
Wick
Caithness
KW1 4QS
Phone: (01955) 606567
E-mail: paulinesmorgan@talktalk.net
Charity No SC000156
Company No 371304

Bazeye
12-Jan-12, 15:56
Citzens Advice Bureau may be able to help you there and advise you on what is needed e.g. identification etc. Good luck, she sounds a nice young lady!

Is that the Generation Y stereotype just left the building?

divanp75
12-Jan-12, 16:33
I think it is really nice that your daughter is interest in sociallising with more elderly folk. They have so much to offer and there additions to conversations can be neglected in todays society.

My Granny (84) is currently following the parliment debates on BBC 24. She is often more upto date than me on many issues. So when we sit down to tea I get updated on all the hot topics and what she remembers of past debates on similar subjects. It is very rewarding

secrets in symmetry
12-Jan-12, 20:19
bigfoot,

theres a thing called the 'befriendin scheme' that she could ask aboot.Have you been to visit golach yet? :cool:

Bigfoot
14-Jan-12, 16:36
Thanks for all replies, much appreciated.