PDA

View Full Version : car alarm system

Ajax
11-Jan-12, 20:02
what is the best car alarm system to fit

Corrie 3
11-Jan-12, 20:08
It's funny you should ask that cos I have been going to ask...whats the worst car alarm system to fit!!!

C3.................:eek::eek:

upolian
11-Jan-12, 20:34
http://www.motorguarduk.co.uk/product.asp?id=1328

Had this fitted personally,top alarm!

Ajax
11-Jan-12, 20:54
thanks upolian cheers

Ajax
11-Jan-12, 20:57
It's funny you should ask that cos I have been going to ask...whats the worst car alarm system to fit!!!

C3.................:eek::eek:sad people like you spoil the org,get a grip

tonkatojo
11-Jan-12, 22:05

from what Ive read a thatcham alarm cat1 with an immobiliser is what to go for, if your going to fit one you might as well fit one that reduces your insurance.

upolian
12-Jan-12, 02:21
thanks upolian cheers

No bother,

Seriously an awesome alarm to have,delighted with it,well worth the money!

poppett
12-Jan-12, 14:59
Clifford was fitted to our Supra. Only problem I had was the time it allowed from opening the drivers door to starting the engine.

Many years ago I had one which allowed access to the car, start the car, but just got 50yards when sirens went off, lights flashed and the doors all locked and police were notified. Name of it escapes me, but the person caught driving the capri away was my next door neighbours son. Turned out he used to borrow it late at night and return it to the exact same position, the mileometer didn`t work and I just wondered how it used so much fuel and used to blame my ex for speeding!

Even Chance
12-Jan-12, 15:40
I'd also vote for Clifford. Best in the business. I had a Clifford system with a remote start capability that was great in the winter time.
Get one that is Thatcham approved and get it installed by a certified installer. They will supply you with a certificate that you then give to your insurance to reduce costs.

Ajax
12-Jan-12, 18:46
from what Ive read a thatcham alarm cat1 with an immobiliser is what to go for, if your going to fit one you might as well fit one that reduces your insurance.thanks for that cheers

Ajax
12-Jan-12, 18:47
Clifford was fitted to our Supra. Only problem I had was the time it allowed from opening the drivers door to starting the engine.

Many years ago I had one which allowed access to the car, start the car, but just got 50yards when sirens went off, lights flashed and the doors all locked and police were notified. Name of it escapes me, but the person caught driving the capri away was my next door neighbours son. Turned out he used to borrow it late at night and return it to the exact same position, the mileometer didn`t work and I just wondered how it used so much fuel and used to blame my ex for speeding!thanks for that,love the story made me laugh

Ajax
12-Jan-12, 18:48
I'd also vote for Clifford. Best in the business. I had a Clifford system with a remote start capability that was great in the winter time.
Get one that is Thatcham approved and get it installed by a certified installer. They will supply you with a certificate that you then give to your insurance to reduce costs.cheers,many thanks