PDA

View Full Version : consultation over the independence referendum

Nick Noble
10-Jan-12, 19:50
anyone wanting to contribute to the consultation regarding the referendum can find details here:

http://www.scotlandoffice.gov.uk/scotlandoffice/16424.html

Kodiak
10-Jan-12, 22:26
David Cameron has been pushing hard for the Scottish Parliament to hold it's Independence referendum sooner rather than later. This pressure from Mr Cameron got me wondering why does he really want the Referendum before 2014.

Seems there may be a reason behind this, beyond the normal political shenanigans. How many of you realise that 24th June 2014 is the 700th anniversary of the Battle of Bannockburn?

I find it hard to believe the SNP won't be looking to exploit this. Equally, I find it hard to believe Unionists will do everything to avoid such an outcome, such as attempt to pressure Salmond to hold the referendum for independence now, not later.

Anyone want to take bets on the Date that Salmond will want to pick for the Referendum............Perhaps the 24th June 2014 ?

DeHaviLand
10-Jan-12, 22:35
David Cameron has been pushing hard for the Scottish Parliament to hold it's Independence referendum sooner rather than later. This pressure from Mr Cameron got me wondering why does he really want the Referendum before 2014.

Seems there may be a reason behind this, beyond the normal political shenanigans. How many of you realise that 24th June 2014 is the 700th anniversary of the Battle of Bannockburn?

I find it hard to believe the SNP won't be looking to exploit this. Equally, I find it hard to believe Unionists will do everything to avoid such an outcome, such as attempt to pressure Salmond to hold the referendum for independence now, not later.

Anyone want to take bets on the Date that Salmond will want to pick for the Referendum............Perhaps the 24th June 2014 ?

Wrong again Kodiak, AS has already announced that the Referendum will be in Autumn 2014. Oh, wait, I'm on your ignore list! Ah well, guess you'll just have to turn up at the polling station 4 months early! Oh, aye, nearly forgot, I'll take you up on that bet!