PDA

View Full Version : Antony Worrall Thompson

Kevin Milkins
10-Jan-12, 00:46
http://tv.uk.msn.com/news/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=160238877

I wonder how many people can be observed shoplifting from Tesco five times and still get away with a caution?:confused

I have a good mind to book into one of his restaurants for a meal and then do a runner without paying.:Razz

Hen Broon
10-Jan-12, 09:18
Does he have any left ? I thought they went bankcrupt

bekisman
10-Jan-12, 09:41
Any of you 'oldies' remember Lady Isobel Barnett of 'what's my line'.?

Now that really was a sad case

'In 1980, she was found guilty of shoplifting being fined £75 for stealing a can of tuna and a carton of cream worth 87p from her village grocer. This brought her briefly back into the public eye, and just four days later, she was found dead in the bath at her home in Leicestershire. The coroner returned a verdict of suicide'

How times have changed.

rich62_uk
10-Jan-12, 09:56
I think its sad, he is such a lovely man who had an appalling life being abused and neglected. He fought hard to build a good life for himself and family. This just seems to be an indictment of society's inability to rehabilitate many victims.

Gronnuck
10-Jan-12, 10:39
There but for the grace of God go I - it could be that he just having a 'senior moment' - he's 60. Why are we so bent on crucifying someone who has contributed so much while we let others in suits rob us all so vociferously?

bekisman
10-Jan-12, 10:58
I think its sad, he is such a lovely man who had an appalling life being abused and neglected. He fought hard to build a good life for himself and family. This just seems to be an indictment of society's inability to rehabilitate many victims.
Indeed, Worrall Thompson’s early life, as unsparingly described in his 2003 autobiography 'Raw'

cptdodger
10-Jan-12, 12:21
http://tv.uk.msn.com/news/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=160238877

I wonder how many people can be observed shoplifting from Tesco five times and still get away with a caution?:confused

I have a good mind to book into one of his restaurants for a meal and then do a runner without paying.:Razz

You would be surprised Kevin, I was a Security Manager for Tesco's in England, I was dealing with the same shoplifters on a daily basis that just got a slap on the wrist and told to be a good boy/girl, not brilliant when you had just been beaten up by them. However, in my case that was the fault of the CPS (Crown Prosecution Service) who really did'nt see shoplifting as much of a crime. In England what we did have on our side (unlike Scotland) is the law of Trespass, which means, if I served a shoplifter with a banning letter, the next time they came into my store and shoplifted I could have them charged with burglary, which does carry a heftier sentence. You can all feel as sorry as you want for shoplifters, and the sob stories as to why they do it, but, at the end of the day it's you that's paying for it, Tesco's and the other major Supermarkets will not be out of pocket because of it, they just raise their prices to pay for it.

Bobinovich
10-Jan-12, 12:58
There but for the grace of God go I - it could be that he just having a 'senior moment' - he's 60...

But 5 'senior moments'??? Quote from article "According to The Sun, a camera had been set up after he was spotted by staff not paying for some low-value items on a total of five occasions. He was stopped in front of shocked shoppers by guards as he left the store, the newspaper reported."

squidge
10-Jan-12, 13:41
Sounds to me like he has had some sort of Breakdown. Shoplifting as a sort of out of character behaviour is often a cry for help or a symptom of an underlying desperation or psychiatric problem. It is completely different from the career shoplifter that regularly steals to fund their lifestyle or supplement their income. I am glad there is flexibility within the system to recognise that.

redeyedtreefrog
10-Jan-12, 18:43
Whether he stole something or not, the question is what's he going to make with it?

Corrie 3
10-Jan-12, 18:48
Whether he stole something or not, the question is what's he going to make with it?
Nick-erbocker Glory!!!!!! What else?

C3.............:roll::roll:;)

teddybear1873
11-Jan-12, 15:11
Apparently he was told to empty the Tesco bag and had 30 mins to make a meal..

joxville
11-Jan-12, 18:20
Or as one of my Facebook friends said, he's on Ready, Steady, Took. Lol

domino
11-Jan-12, 20:08
Stealing is stealing and there are no excuses

Rheghead
11-Jan-12, 20:18
Stealing is stealing and there are no excuses

Actually there are some valid excuses in certain circumstances.

To prove guilt then you need to prove mens rea (sp), so if AWT took those things from Tesco in such a condition that his moral judgement is severely impaired then he isn't guilty of theft, but that is for the court to decide.

It does sound more like The Lambshank Redemption to me.

John Little
11-Jan-12, 23:09
Well similar escapades slowed Winona Ryder's career down - but she did steal rather more...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winona_Ryder#2001_arrest

Rheghead
12-Jan-12, 01:10
OK we can have a little fun poked at someone who has fallen by the wayside, we live in a cruel world, but then I'd be really ashamed of myself if my leg pulling at AWT's expense some how resulted him going over the edge and comitting suicide or something.

Corrie 3
12-Jan-12, 17:44
Antony Worrall Thompson stole some cheese and wine. And that was only for starters.

C3...........:roll::roll:

DrChin
12-Jan-12, 18:47
Ahh but will he get his "Just Desserts"

Rheghead
12-Jan-12, 19:05
He was lucky that he wasn't doing bird for Xmas dinner.

Mystical Potato Head
12-Jan-12, 19:23
Perhaps he's doing research for a crookery book.

teddybear1873
12-Jan-12, 21:26
It's no wonder Antony Worrall Thompson won so many episodes of 'Ready Steady Cook'.

His £5 bag of groceries probably had £100's worth in it.

Rheghead
12-Jan-12, 21:30
He got a good roasting off the cops.

teddybear1873
12-Jan-12, 21:32
Antony Worrall Thompson's new recipe sounds good.

A pinch of this and a pinch of that!

Corrie 3
12-Jan-12, 22:17
They’re all at it – I just saw Nigella Lawson running out of Waitrose with two large melons under her coat !!!

C3...........:roll::roll:;)

Mystical Potato Head
12-Jan-12, 22:44
They’re all at it – I just saw Nigella Lawson running out of Waitrose with two large melons under her coat !!!

C3...........:roll::roll:;)

Be no shortage of policemen willing to weigh up the evidence regarding those two items.

Rheghead
12-Jan-12, 23:11
On the Lambshank Redemption, he was heard to shout "I don't belong here, I want my umami"

Rheghead
12-Jan-12, 23:16
I'll get me coat...

kw1ers
13-Jan-12, 17:16
How did the chicken cross the road -- Under AWT coat!!!!!!

Chalkie
13-Jan-12, 17:41
OK we can have a little fun poked at someone who has fallen by the wayside, we live in a cruel world, but then I'd be really ashamed of myself if my leg pulling at AWT's expense some how resulted him going over the edge and comitting suicide or something.

See your concern for poor Anthony didn't last very long. Couldna resist gettin in there wi a cheap jibe or two eh.

Corrie 3
13-Jan-12, 18:48
Why didn't Anthony Worrall Thompson steal any meat - is he vegetarian ? No, he said the steaks were too high.

C3.......:eek:

Rheghead
13-Jan-12, 22:29
I believe that his favorite eggs are poached.

Billy Boy
13-Jan-12, 22:57
I hear that Anthony Worrall Thompson is coming out with a new diet, Cheese and Wine..........followed by porridge

teddybear1873
13-Jan-12, 22:59
I saw Antony Worrall Thompson in the street today, so I decided to ask him for his autograph.

"Yeah, no problem" he smiled. "Have you got a pen?"

"Get away Antony, I'm not falling for that one."

Antony Worrall Thompson must be cheesed off with all these jokes about him.

Bobinovich
14-Jan-12, 01:59
Well if he is just tell him to stop whining...

mi16
14-Jan-12, 10:41
Stealing cheese you say?
How dairy

Crackeday
14-Jan-12, 16:23
I think its a shame that so many of you are making a fool of this poor man.
Dont you know that he is crying his eyes out at night when he returns to his large house in the country in his range rover and has eaten his meagre 7 course meal served to him by his butler on gold rimmed plates?
Compare that to where he SHOULD be, someones new "friend" in a 9x9 cell in Bar-L :)

mi16
14-Jan-12, 16:30
Barlinnie!! for pinching a slab of cheddar.....
Are you for real?

I wouldnt eat off a plate that has been rimmed

Crackeday
16-Jan-12, 18:52
Barlinnie!! for pinching a slab of cheddar.....
Are you for real?

I wouldnt eat off a plate that has been rimmed
Why not whack him in there and let him meet interesting people!!! ;) Now hes trying to say its down to abuse he got as a child!!!!! Rather than just admit hes a thief!

rich62_uk
16-Jan-12, 18:55
Child hood abuse if not dealt with can and will cause many problems for the person who was abused for many many years after the event. Stealing is one of the ways it can affect them. Suicide is another. Thankfully his mind chose stealing.

Corrie 3
16-Jan-12, 19:02
I'm normally a compassionate person, but I have to agree with some other ex-employees comments here. You've put yourself under the microscope this time Tony, and it's showing everyone what you really are, a parasite, and an ugly one to boot. I was a waitress at 'Menage'. Oh the years roll back don't they, I'll bet you're sweating now, wondering what else will fall from your closet. I remember your Merc AMG 190 very well, and being offered "rides home". Now that will ring a bell, won't it? But they weren't nice rides, were they? There was a sinister motive beneath it all. After a 18 hour shift, at a catering gig, who wouldn't want a ride home? I did, but without a lecherous bosses hand on my thigh, and hey, weren't you married at the time ? Let's see and hear you address your ex-staff with some decency in your "fly on the wall" documentary. I know you bad mouthed several ex-chefs, when they were great, you ruined their chances. Let's see some humility and how about 'gasp' an apology ?
- Miss Pink, London, 16/1/2012 16:28

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2086863/Fears-shoplifting-Worrall-Thompson-rambling-erratic-TV-chat.html#ixzz1je4olBja

This is interesting, I wonder what else will come out in the future. I read he even stole a friends wife, I hope she came with clubcard points!!

C3................:eek::eek:

mi16
17-Jan-12, 00:04
Why not whack him in there and let him meet interesting people!!! ;) Now hes trying to say its down to abuse he got as a child!!!!! Rather than just admit hes a thief!

best start building new prisions then, we will have a fair old inrush of petty criminals