PDA

View Full Version : Someone tell Nicole Sturgeon to shut up please

weezer 316
09-Jan-12, 20:09
Or actually just go an get a gun and shoot her!

Trying to say that the UK government has no say in matters within the UK, which correct me if I am wrong Scotland is part of, and when that matter relates to around 10% of the population and a third of the land area ing off smacks of exactly the stupid nationalist attitude that haunts this country.

billmoseley
09-Jan-12, 20:18
bit strong to ask her to be shot. i do think David Cameron has a point. lets have the vote see how the land lies. the indecision is harming investment in scotland. while on the subject of independence try reading Alan Clements Rogue Nation.

weezer 316
09-Jan-12, 20:25
The shooting part was a joke if it wasnt patently obvious. Although a good flogging might do some good and wipe that stupid smirk of her face!

Hes defo got a point. They know they are going to lose so they will spend the next 4 years spinning every kind of negative story about England/westminster that they can. Its pathetic, childish and betrays they very worst of this country that unfortunately despite access to unprecedented lebels of information about your govt seems to be entrenched.

Quite how anyone can trust salmond I dont know. hes evidently a snake oil salesmen in line with religious types and sems to have more faith than an actual grasp of whats going on. Quite what "scottishness" does for GDP and the NHs and the like he has yet to explain. Infact quite what scottishness is other than an accident of geography I dont know!

And ill say now, if we pull out of the UK when are we gonna pull out of the EU?

squidge
09-Jan-12, 20:29
I think she has a point.

The Referendum was an SNP manifesto promise not a UK government agreement and therefore its up to the SNP when they hold it. Referendums as I understand it are advisory and cannot be "Binding" and as Alec Salmond has always said that it will be towards the latter part of their term of office I dont understand why David Cameron feels
the need to push for it any sooner. Unless, he has suddenly realised there is an interesting anniversary in June 2014 and is keen to avoid a clash. I dont buy the uncertainty stuff Affecting growth. Growth is so
bad that its WAYYY down the list as a cause.

As for negative spin, some of the rubbish spouted by the great and good about the possibility of Independance is just as ridiculous. David Cameron is wrong to think it is up to him to choose the date.

bekisman
09-Jan-12, 20:42
"Only Westminster can give Scotland Independence" Heard some lawyer saying that on BBC TV a short while ago, is that the way the law stands?

(don't shoot the messenger)

weezer 316
09-Jan-12, 21:13
Yes thats the case. Im not a lawyer but holyrood exercises power with consent for Westminster.

The only thing that riles me more than religion is nationalism. Appealing to "the scottish people" should automatically raise your suspicion, and make you ask do you have an argument to make. The Nazis appealed to "the german people" and exploited it ruthlessly. Thats what nationalism does for you, makes you not think, not analyze and infact just accept as they are doing it for the "scottish people" whatever the hell that is. Your ideas should stand and fall on their merits but people in this country get wound into such a tizzy about England and Ec the fat wee chap he is will exploit it for his own ends. That what we have for leaders in Scotland. Disgraceful.

If they were competent they would take his offer. If they repeat their showing in the 2011 elections then they will have independence. Yet they will spin this as England this and England that.....

And of course he wants to bring us closer to Scnadinavia....................Im lost for words.

I'll go now, arguing with SNP supporters is like trying to convert religious fundamentalists that there is no god. It pretty much impossible and even when your right your wrong.

Gronnuck
09-Jan-12, 21:29
I'm with Weezer on this. It's time the SNP put their money where their mouth is.
As for "Appealing to the Scottish people," That has to be most ill-considered phrase of this century so far. Through all the rhetoric who are 'the Scottish people' they talk about and are they all going to get a say in this referendum? Do they include the Scottish diaspora, do they include the diverse population who have chosen to make their home in Scotland?
I just wish they'd get a move on!

weezer 316
09-Jan-12, 21:35
The alternative is 5 years of moaning about how England has done this, and England has done that. Its so unbelievably childish and it will get even worse. The fact there is hardly a decent oppostion MP who can string a sentence together doesnt help.

They should have a debate, Salmond and Cameron. Now I would pay to see what. Id cringe no doubt as Salmond is more Sarah Pallin and his folksy way as opposed to Cameron's Obama but it would be nice to see.

PantsMAN
09-Jan-12, 21:37
Let's be clear here that Cameron (Tories) have no mandate from the Scottish people to tell us what we should or shouldn't be doing. As I said elsewhere, they are unelectable in Scotland. Miliband knows that if Scotland 'sees to itself', Labour's power in Westminster will be sorely diminished without the 41 MPs from Scotland.

Cameron, the Tories, the Lib-dems (who?) should stop meddling in Scotland affairs. They think that with Liz's jubilee and the London-centric Olympics the time is right the noo. Aye right.

Apparently, when asked by the BBC exactly which companies are concerned about their future investments and the effect independence might have, #10 said they couldn't name them due to commercial confidentiality - what tosh.

And I think 2014 would be braw - Bannockburn and the Commonwealth games in Glasgow - Magic.

squidge
09-Jan-12, 21:41
Weezer can you give me some links to this moaning about England so I can read what they have said. I am still making my mind up about this and I havent noticed anti - england stuff as I have noticed negative remarks about the SNP. Ta

weezer 316
09-Jan-12, 21:46
Let's be clear here that Cameron (Tories) have no mandate from the Scottish people to tell us what we should or shouldn't be doing. As I said elsewhere, they are unelectable in Scotland. Miliband knows that if Scotland 'sees to itself', Labour's power in Westminster will be sorely diminished without the 41 MPs from Scotland.

Cameron, the Tories, the Lib-dems (who?) should stop meddling in Scotland affairs. They think that with Liz's jubilee and the London-centric Olympics the time is right the noo. Aye right.

Apparently, when asked by the BBC exactly which companies are concerned about their future investments and the effect independence might have, #10 said they couldn't name them due to commercial confidentiality - what tosh.

And I think 2014 would be braw - Bannockburn and the Commonwealth games in Glasgow - Magic.

urrrghhhhh. I was waiting on that. Here, smoke on this.

1: Are we part of the UK? Yes
2: Does the UK concern the UK govt? Yes
3: Does the UK govt have the power to do stuff in the UK? Yes
4: Does us leaving the UK impact the rest of the UK? yes
5: In what way? Military, taxes, pensions, trade, EU legislation, cross border investment, cultural links, international agreements, debt to anem a few

Now, are you suggesting we just say bye and thats it and severing everything without any consultation?

Oh and are we giving any of the commonwalth games to England.........pal?

weezer 316
09-Jan-12, 22:09
Weezer can you give me some links to this moaning about England so I can read what they have said. I am still making my mind up about this and I havent noticed anti - england stuff as I have noticed negative remarks about the SNP. Ta

Here a wee articel that articulates it better than I can

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics-news/2010/11/18/scottish-budget-time-for-holyrood-to-stop-london-blame-game-86908-22722638/

Not to mention Swinneys recent nonsesne on the pensions. When asked on how he would fill the pensions deficit that caused the strikes last month, his answer was......wait till I get off the fence......oh I actually want MORE cuts but I will just stay out of the battle and let it be portrayed as Westminster vs the unions....that will help the natiaonlist cause......as seen here

http://politics.caledonianmercury.com/2011/11/29/snp-dragged-off-the-fence-reluctantly-in-pensions-dispute/

Sgitheanach
09-Jan-12, 22:19
The Westminster government only wants Scotland for what they can steal from us . we voted in a party that wants to end the union so if we vote the same in the referendum it will be the death of the Uk

weezer 316
09-Jan-12, 22:25
Its exactly that attitude thats killing this country ^^

What are "They" stealing? And bear in mind the UK govt spends tax money ins scotland....actually more than is COLLECTED HERE!!!!

But dont let facts get in the way of a good moan. You could get a job as poster boy for the nationalist cause if you carry on.

Sgitheanach
09-Jan-12, 22:50
Wait to the vote then all will be settled

Corrie 3
09-Jan-12, 23:00
And with a bit of luck weezer will then emigrate to his beloved Englandshire!!!

C3................;)

weezer 316
09-Jan-12, 23:03
Oh I am waitnig.......and waiting.......and waiting......by that time I should have my degree and I will be off the Oz. Aint hanging around to have maniacs ruin this country.

spurtle
09-Jan-12, 23:32
Scotland has been described as a large bank with a small country attached. The former is owned by the British taxpayer, and what is left will be a very small country in Europe. Not the best position at the minute

ywindythesecond
09-Jan-12, 23:38
If Scotland gets independence, Alex will have no customers for his wind energy, and no consumers to pay for the wires to carry it (when it is around and not shut down for storms or because there are no wires anyway)
I'm with weezer.

spurtle
09-Jan-12, 23:47
If Scotland gets independence, Alex will have no customers for his wind energy, and no consumers to pay for the wires to carry it (when it is around and not shut down for storms or because there are no wires anyway)
I'm with weezer.
It is a wonder the English consumers have not woken up to the fact that they are financing the windfarm scam in Scotland. Independance will bring that to an end, and Scotland will have to get real on power generation. While squillions are being wasted in this crackpot adventure, old people up and down the country are afraid to turn on their heating. We are about bottom of the heap in Europe already when it comes to cold-induced deaths.

Rheghead
10-Jan-12, 00:10
I'm with weezer.

Alex Salmond has already seen through that one and plans for a Scotland to Norway interconnector is in the offing where the nice Norwegians will use pumped storage to hold Scotland's wind energy until needed.

You always said that storage was a problem...

Sgitheanach
10-Jan-12, 00:52
Aint hanging around to have maniacs ruin this country.Blair , Brown , Cameron enough said

EOS
10-Jan-12, 10:03
Alex Salmond has already seen through that one and plans for a Scotland to Norway interconnector is in the offing where the nice Norwegians will use pumped storage to hold Scotland's wind energy until needed.

You always said that storage was a problem...

Storage is not possible the cable if it is ever layed is for exporting excess electricity on windy days and importing it when there is no wind .

RecQuery
10-Jan-12, 10:39
From a purely pragmatic and political perspective Cameron isn't doing himself any favour trying to push this, if anything he's damaging his case. As for legal arguments, there's a reason the legal system is adversarial. Ask two lawyers get four opinions.

On a side note I do find Nicola Sturgeon annoying, don't know why it's one of those irrational things.

EOS
10-Jan-12, 10:57

Bannokcburn!!
What century are some people living in, we dont run around in kilts waving sords anymore shouting FREEDOM
The SNP are trying to get people to vote with their hearts and not with their heads,the SNP used to go on about the TIGER
economey of Ireland (SOUTHERN) and we could be the same, look at Ireland now nearly bancrupt. How much will this cost
us Health Care ,Defence, Pensions,Scotland has a small population about the same as Demark Tax and the cost of living in Denmark are much higher would that happen here, if we had been independent when the banks failed BOS AND RBS we would not have had the money to bail them out. The SNP need to put all the facts on the table (and No the Tax on oil revenue would not cover this)

Rheghead
10-Jan-12, 11:03
Storage is not possible the cable if it is ever layed is for exporting excess electricity on windy days and importing it when there is no wind .

Hi welcome to the forum.

Denmark is already storing its wind power in Norway through its extensive pumped storage and importing it when there is no wind.

gerry4
10-Jan-12, 11:56
Oh I am waitnig.......and waiting.......and waiting......by that time I should have my degree and I will be off the Oz. Aint hanging around to have maniacs ruin this country.

Bye, Hope you enjoy the 'promised land'

Shabbychic
10-Jan-12, 12:26
They should have a debate, Salmond and Cameron. Now I would pay to see what. Id cringe no doubt as Salmond is more Sarah Pallin and his folksy way as opposed to Cameron's Obama but it would be nice to see.

What planet are you on??? Even though you are a die hard Tory, how can you possibly say Alex Salmond is a cringeworthy politician? Whether you like him or not, he is one of the most articulate politicians in the UK today, but don't take my word for it. Look at all the awards he won last year:-

The Times 2011 Briton of the Year award

"Best Politician" award at The Scottish Green Energy Awards

"South Australia International Climate Change Leadership Award" from the government of South Australia

UK Political Studies Association "Politician of the Year" award

The Spectator magazine's "Politician of the Year" award

The Herald newspaper's "Politician of the Year" prize.

Now, how many awards did Call me Dave win??

So yes, I would also love to see Alex Salmond and Cameron having a live debate, and I also know who I would be cringing at.

Oh, and just in case anyone is wondering why Nicola Sturgeon was having the debate rather than Alex Salmond, he was otherwise engaged here (http://newsnetscotland.com/index.php/scottish-economy/4044-first-minister-to-sign-green-energy-deal-with-abu-dhabi), working for the people of Scotland.

weezer 316
10-Jan-12, 13:23
Lol a die-hard tory! Im anything but! Unlike you nationalist sheep I actually consider all parties before casting my vote and the fact I voted tory last election was due to them having the best solution, infact the only solution, to our problems at the moment. It aint football, rememeber that

The SNP appeal to nationalist sentiment will kill this country. Nationalism is great for getting elected, but you cant run a country on it. Ask the Nazis. You need people to blame for it to work.

As for the awards I wouldn't read to much into them. Infact I bet if the Times published a great big article showing how Salmonds numbers dont add up (they dont, so he hides the numbers now) I am sure you would call them a bunch of Murdoch owned cronies.....yet when they dish awards out to your fav popstar.......sorry politician, they are commendable no doubt.

Salmond in the face of a decent debater, which Cameron clearly is, would be a massacre and given a man of camerons intellect it would be painful watch BUT I feel that would be a waste anyway as Cameron will always be portrayed as one of they southern tories who doesnt care about us up here.......

And pantsman I am still waiting on an answer, are we giving ANY part of the commonwealth games to England??????

Trajan
10-Jan-12, 13:49
And pantsman I am still waiting on an answer, are we giving ANY part of the commonwealth games to England?????? why.

weegie, Scotland is part of the commonwealth, with or without england ,,she is lizzie the first of scotland. or german lizzie to her buddies. lol
and im glad to see your are taking that free education and all those free benefits that helped you and your family in very hard times and ing off to oz,,
yip your a tory and a bully , good luck in oz your gonna need it,, ps they dont like torys in oz either.

gleeber
10-Jan-12, 14:01
I never used to be a nationalist but I havnt disregarded the idea. Hopefully I would be savvy enough to notice anything of any substance that betrays any kind of national fervour, for want of a better word. I havnt seen anything of the sort coming from the nationalist politicians and in fact Alex Salmond is as honourable a man as any politician could ever be.
I think some of the language used on this thread betrays an ability to be rather opinionated. Not saying theres anything wrong with that but the aussies will just love it. :lol:

Trajan
10-Jan-12, 14:09
a know imagine threatening a hard working woman with family, with being shot, general forum or not, politician or not,, bullyism ,, mm facism sounds more like it weegie boy, and you pratling on about the nazis too,
you sound more like a nazi than most on here young man. good luck your gonna need it ,, by the way did you pay for that degree youself,, lol

squidge
10-Jan-12, 14:13
Jeepers here we are trading insults again! Whatever makes people so GRUMPY. It must be the mild weather!

See Weezer I see a different slant to Nationalism in Scotland. I find it very inclusive and a completely different animal to the nationalism we see in England. When I look at the SNP i see MSPs from all sorts of backgrounds and ethnicity and I Dont see a divisive party. I am not convinced by their economic policies in some areas and I dont agree with everything the do but I dont see the anti english stuff you suggest. I DO see anti Uk but then thats what they stand for so thats not a surprise. The BNP and the SNP are completely different. As a
resident in Scotland I want what is best for my family and the country I live in. You discount the importance of Scotland's History and I think that is a mistake. History is part of who we are, where we came from and gives an understanding of why our society holds the values and opinions that it does. Scotland's desire for Independance can indeed be tracked back to Bruce and Bannockburn is part of that.
The fact that Scotland has Historically spent most of the last 1000 years as an Independant Monarchy is relevant and may help to explain why the desire for Independance here is atronger than in Wales for example. Wales was never an Independant Kingdom in the way
Scotland was. The declaration of Arbroath still resonates today in a similar way as the Magna Carta and to sneer at that actually misses a point. In the Medieval World, the definition of a Scot, meant those
loyal to the King of Scots and was not about ethnicity. The SNP need - and in a lot of ways DO - talk about Scotland's People and not about
'Ethnic Scottish'. Thats a key part of the Nationlism I see from the SNP and I hope it continues.

scotsboy
10-Jan-12, 14:25
I am not, and never have been a Scottish Nationalist; I abhor nationalism in all its guises. Let’s not confuse issues here; Alex Salmond is a consummate politician, probably the most effective politician in the UK at this present time. He ran the Scottish Assembly successfully with a minority administration, he is very astute and the announcement made yesterday regarding the link in with Abu Dhabi Masdar project has stolen a march on the rest of Europe. He is a very “street-wise” politician, and because he is prepared to do a little more than the rest of the greedy, money grabbing dross that infest our politics, he is exploiting many business opportunities.
Salmond has an agenda, and is very successful. I disagree with his agenda and hope that Scotland does not become independent, I actually think the synergy of Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales & England will provide better for the inhabitants in the long run.
If any are dubious of just how successful he is, take a look at the poll results for the Scottish Assembly in 2011, and the last general election in 2010. You can see when it comes to national politics the SNP are very much in the minority, with “Unionist” parties holding a significant lead. But the perception is that there is a bandwagon rolling towards independence, this is simply because Salmond is doing such a good job at managing the Scottish Assembly. IMHO you have to look at the 3rd/4th rate politicians that currently are in place with the other parties in Scotland, there is no credible opposition. That does not mean the long term will be best served by the SNP.

ducati
10-Jan-12, 14:31
Jeepers here we are trading insults again! Whatever makes people so GRUMPY. It must be the mild weather!

See Weezer I see a different slant to Nationalism in Scotland. I find it very inclusive and a completely different animal to the nationalism we see in England. When I look at the SNP i see MSPs from all sorts of backgrounds and ethnicity and I Dont see a divisive party. I am not convinced by their economic policies in some areas and I dont agree with everything the do but I dont see the anti english stuff you suggest. I DO see anti Uk but then thats what they stand for so thats not a surprise. The BNP and the SNP are completely different. As a
resident in Scotland I want what is best for my family and the country I live in. You discount the importance of Scotland's History and I think that is a mistake. History is part of who we are, where we came from and gives an understanding of why our society holds the values and opinions that it does. Scotland's desire for Independance can indeed be tracked back to Bruce and Bannockburn is part of that.
The fact that Scotland has Historically spent most of the last 1000 years as an Independant Monarchy is relevant and may help to explain why the desire for Independance here is atronger than in Wales for example. Wales was never an Independant Kingdom in the way
Scotland was. The declaration of Arbroath still resonates today in a similar way as the Magna Carta and to sneer at that actually misses a point. In the Medieval World, the definition of a Scot, meant those
loyal to the King of Scots and was not about ethnicity. The SNP need - and in a lot of ways DO - talk about Scotland's People and not about
'Ethnic Scottish'. Thats a key part of the Nationlism I see from the SNP and I hope it continues.

My take on Nationalism-it makes people who aren't Nationals, very nervous :eek:

scotsboy
10-Jan-12, 14:40
It is what happens after Independence that people need to think about. Squidge quite rightly highlights the “inclusiveness” of the SNP, this is not by accident, it is by design, and it is designed for the purpose of delivering a yes vote………when the time comes. By making the party appealing to all, it is hoped it will boost the chances in any future planned referendum. Of course, post referendum, there would be no SNP, we would see many different Scottish political parties sprouting up, because we would need to have a government that represented the people, it would not be the SNP. The demographics indicate that this could in fact become rather messy.

Trajan
10-Jan-12, 14:43
ps WEEGIE BOY, have sent this link and copied the content in word, to nicola sturgeon, i know the lady you see, you will be hearing from her solicitors, once they are in touch with bill and neill, to find out who you are.
hope too see you in donaldsons diary soon, lol
i hope you did not post that shooting madness from your work pc,, i hope it doesnt affect your visa ,, good luck bully boy, you are gonna need it ,lol

scotsboy
10-Jan-12, 15:16
ps WEEGIE BOY, have sent this link and copied the content in word, to nicola sturgeon, i know the lady you see, you will be hearing from her solicitors, once they are in touch with bill and neill, to find out who you are.
i hope you did not post that shooting madness from your work pc,, i hope it doesnt affect your visa ,, good luck bully boy, you are gonna need it ,lol

Welcome to the Scotland of tomorrow. Does it not fill you with pride!

tonkatojo
10-Jan-12, 15:22

I think the legalities are as stated, but give Salmond his way and have his in/out/powers referendum, Then have a proper referendum by asking all of the UK to vote on the Scottish issue.

Trajan
10-Jan-12, 15:27
Dont talk crap Scotsboy. how about i threaten someone you know on a public forum, not very nice, and blatant bullyism, thats whats wrong with this country the y generation get away with everything too easily.
and if he is man enough to threaten people ,well im sure he will be man enough to face the consequences.

tonkatojo
10-Jan-12, 15:40

I doubt it, to be fair it should be the whole of the UK that has the deciding vote as it effects the whole of the UK but let the Scottish referendum dictate the content of the final referendum as per what Salmond and Sturgeon want IE: yes/no/more powers, the decisions are supposed to be democratic.

squidge
10-Jan-12, 15:44
Welcome to the Scotland of tomorrow. Does it not fill you with pride!Hmm nothing 'futuristic' about this Scotsboy. Its an old fashioned peeing contest .... Nothing more. Whilst Trajan is right there is nothing manly about threatening people on a public forum, there is also nothing manly about saying 'I have told the teacher and you are getting in trouble nah nah na nah na". Weezer was wrong IMO to start the tread the way he did but Trajan you have contributed nothing but a bit of name calling and your own threats to this thread. How about something constructive?

Trajan
10-Jan-12, 15:44
well it also affects the whole of europe if the uk pulls out of european union.
should the people of europe be allowed a vote on the uk leaving the european union?

sorry squidge but that is all the man weezer 316 understands, hes a bully, you fight fire with fire squidge,
and tell me what would you do if someone threatened to flog someone you new on a community forum , and i use that word lightly. community.
it may be a joke to him ,but it aint a joke to most normal posters on the org,or me
this forum has turned into a bully zone over the last few years,bit of a shame cause its a real good site.

The shooting part was a joke if it wasnt patently obvious. Although a good flogging might do some good and wipe that stupid smirk of her face!

tonkatojo
10-Jan-12, 15:50
well it also affects the whole of europe if the uk pulls out of european union.
should the people of europe be allowed a vote on the uk leaving the european union?

Not sure about the legalities of the Europe problem as it is a different type of union, but the UK is 4 nations bound by centuries of history not like Europe make it as it goes along rules/laws/dictates. No doubt others with more knowledge will advise us.As it has been posted previously Westminster by law has the final say with UK if true.

scotsboy
10-Jan-12, 15:52
Dont talk crap Scotsboy. how about i threaten someone you know on a public forum, not very nice, and blatant bullyism, thats whats wrong with this country the y generation get away with everything too easily.
and if he is man enough to threaten people ,well im sure he will be man enough to face the consequences.

I find the tone and content of your message threatening, and as such have reported it to the administrators.

PantsMAN
10-Jan-12, 15:56

Struggling to think of a single reason to keep you here anyway... By the way what is " off the Oz"?

Trajan
10-Jan-12, 16:00
Good for you scotsboy, im sure you feel better now:)

PantsMAN
10-Jan-12, 16:03
And pantsman I am still waiting on an answer, are we giving ANY part of the commonwealth games to England??????

There you go letting your colonial past slip through - clearly the implication is that London is 'giving' a puckle of the Olympics to Scotland and we should be thankful for those crumbs from the table. Makes a mockery of the whole notion that the Olympics will benefit anywhere except...........the south east of ENGLAND!

Wonder what kind of wages the public sector up here could expect given that Cameron's clowns only want decent public wages in the south east now with his 'regional differential' proposals.

scotsboy
10-Jan-12, 16:14
Good for you scotsboy, im sure you feel better now:)

Not really, just embodying the new SCOTLAND.

Trajan
10-Jan-12, 16:32
What new scotland yee on aboot ,, the one maggie created in the 80s, per chance.

theone
10-Jan-12, 16:42

I find it ironic that the the only person who seems to be doing any "threatening" is you.

Whether right or wrong, it was the original poster's OPINION that Sturgeon should be flogged. Not, I imagine, his intent.

pmcd
10-Jan-12, 16:57
OUTCOMES OF INDEPENDENCE VIA SECEDING FROM UK - A CHECKLIST

1. Erect solid Gold Statue of "The Great Liberator" in Princes Street

2. Remove ALL historic evidence of former oppressors, including sandblasting postboxes, tearing down statues, and reprinting all history books.

3. Form at least 3 constantly warring political parties based on religious/clan/class lines. Ensure that the party names include the words "democratic", "popular", "national", and that once the name is incorporated into the party's title, the meaning behind it is permanently ignored.

4. Remove existing currency, and replace with garish extremely wide notes which will accommodate a whole string of 00000000000s Put head of Liberator on the obverse, and a picture of rolling landscape on the reverse. Name currency something other than "pound" or "dollar". "Muckles", "Mickles", and "Groats" would do nicely for Caledonia.

5. Compose new National Anthem - twice as long as "God Save The Queen" so that Scottish contestants managing a brave bronze at the Olympics can waddle to the podium in good Italian style. Ditch "Flower of Scotland" for a) having been written as a gentle folk song, and b)being the only national anthem incapable of being played accurately by its own national instrument. ("And sent him homewards tae THINK (aaarrrggghhhh!) again).

6. Turn the sensitivity up on all metal detectors at airports. (Rule of thumb - the more tiny and irrelevant the country, the louder and more frequent the detectors, and the more Ruritanian the uniforms of customs officers and police).

7. New uniforms for the military. As in 6, the yardage of gold braid, medals, sashes, senior ranks, and ceremonial parades increases in direct ratio to the reduction in size of numbers and capabilities.

8. Put up empowering signs at all prominent locations, e.g. "Caledonia is a Nuclear Free Zone"; "We and the Chinese are 1.3bn strong!" (Where do you think the loans will be coming from?)

9. Create a spirit of independence, enterprise, freedom, and liberty (as in proper countries) by founding a huge state network of people watchers, spies, public "servants" and special police - give them a chilling name "Scottish Technical And Surveillance Institution", to ensure that EVERYONE is following the New Constitution. (qv)

10. Now that the days of Perfidious Albion are remaindered, it will be necessary to draw up a new constitution. As this one will inevitably be drawn up by a committee, most of whom will be lawyers, it will be full of sound and fury, and capable of being interpreted in any way chosen by any sitting government.

11. One further pointless change from the status quo is always demanded with such secessions. Anything will do - change of driving from left to right hand side of the road, sitting down whenever the National Anthem is being played, making Gaelic and Old Norse the two languages of government instead of English, and banning imports of Marmite and Duchy Originals.

12. Now you've got your new, shiny, independent country. And now you're going to learn the great lesson that with those new-found rights go some pretty awesome responsibilities. There will be no more "They". YOU are the "they" which has to be blamed when things go wrong.

13. Good luck!

PantsMAN
10-Jan-12, 16:59
OUTCOMES OF INDEPENDENCE VIA SECEDING FROM UK - A CHECKLIST

1.SNIP

13. Good luck!

Jings, that's hilarious - you must be a hoot at parites...

squidge
10-Jan-12, 18:21
sorry squidge but that is all the man weezer 316 understands, hes a bully, you fight fire with fire squidge,and tell me what would you do if someone threatened to flog someone you new on a community forum , and i use that word lightly. community.it may be a joke to him ,but it aint a joke to most normal posters on the org,or me this forum has turned into a bully zone over the last few years,bit of a shame cause its a real good site!Well Trajan, I dont have such illustrious friends as you so he would have had to name a private individual which is maybe slightly different, but to take your point, what I think I would have done is publicly take exception to the post... Along the lines of "that is an unacceptable thing to say and I am shocked and offended that you have done so." If they removed their offensive post I would remove my response. If not, then I would send a PM and explain that the person was known to me personally and that unless the poster removed their comments I would let the person know and they could leave themselves open to legal action. I would then do what I had said and let my friend know and deal with it as they saw fit. What I wouldnt do is call that person a nazi then gloat about how i had got them into trouble and ha ha they can wait til the police come knocking, oh and by the way I hope they lose their job too! Do as you would be done by Trajan thats all.

Oh i would have reported it to the admin too. They may have a role to play.

weezer 316
10-Jan-12, 18:49
God almighty, this has escalated into a load of nonsense. Nutters first.

Trajan,

Who did I threaten? I made a sarcastic remark. I threatened no one. I suggest you read what was written. I intend on flogging no one. I hope Nicola is your pal because she will read it in the context it was written. To threaten someone is to say "I am going to do x and y to you". Agaiun though, crack on, send it to Alex too when you are at it.

Furthermore, the admins fo this site cant pass any info to anyone without a court order. Im well enough versed in the ins and outs of the data protection act to know this, regardless of how powerful someone is, even the police. I suggest you quit whinging and try and possibly debate the points raised.

Pantsman,

That mad even for you. The question is clear, we have a large sporting even with competitors from all over the world attending. WE are giving England nothing. In the same token, the olympics was awarded to London, not England, or Britain, but London. We want Olympic we can bloody well bid for it ourselves.

Squidge,

Your post at #33. Some good points raised. Im not going to compare they SNP to the BNP like you say in England, they arent like that clearly, my point is they will prey on an anti-englsih sentiment that is there is a fair part of our population for no reason other than they are englsih. You can see it on posts here too as I am reguralrly told to off the England despite the fact im born and bred, as is my whol family. scottish.

I am saying, and have said, the SNP needs to make the case for independence, not prey on sentiments and deep rooted, unjustifiable suspicions that are passed from generation to generation. There is a several billion pound hole in their budget they need to address before anything else, as well as what to do when north sea oil stops flowing. I hope that clarifies what I was saying.

Policy wise, im not that far out form the SNP, I like their idea to get 100% renewabales within 15 years, I think cutting coporation tax will help inward investment also as they have advocated as well as their university tuiton fess, what I oppose is their practical buying of votes with the council tax freeze, the ludicrous Lockerbie bomber case, the complete joke that is the home insulation scheme thats gouing to take hundreds of years to complete and the blaming of westminister for any budgetry problems.

Humerous Vegetable
10-Jan-12, 18:55

I get extremely annoyed (as I'm probably supposed to) by some of the intellectually challenged postings on this forum. Most of the contributors to this thread have made an effort to present their views and opinions in a balanced and considered way, but there are sad people in Scotland who don't seem to be able to grasp why some of us are proud to be Scottish, proud of our heritage and want the best possible future for our children and our country.
Maybe when you've got your hairdressing degree*, or whatever passes for an academic qualification these days, you can take yourself off to an environment where they don't actually care what happens to their country. That'll be England then.
* I hope Scottish taxpayers are not paying for it.

weezer 316
10-Jan-12, 19:03
Vegetable,

I care about what happens here. im proud of many things about this nation, but I am equally frustrated by the attitude like that where if you say "we are taking a wrong turn here" you ar branded with this anti-patriotic nonsense like you have just posted. Until you understand that point of view and stop stooping as low as to play the patriostism card (this aint a GOP debate) then you are stuck.

For the record its in computing and design, and I have 3 years left. I think the BRITISH taxpayer is paying for it as its with the OU. If I earned a few hundred quid more I would have to pay for it msyelf.

robbain
10-Jan-12, 19:34
Tell you the truth, I am fed up with the SNP (draconian) especially they aren't listening to anyone views they seem to think everyone is in agreement with them especially when these polls backing them, no one has asked me to take in part in their polls or my views, it seems they have a special group possibly 100% SNP diehards they have the polls with. Scotland economy is in bad shape, businesses going bust, unemployment, local authorities cutting services, SNP government living in cloud cuckoo land, big scottish banks causing the money problems, giving their executives big payouts, also the running of NHS especially if patients have been sent one trust to another trust due to emergencies and special operations then been told to make their own way home. Wee Eck appearing at special events, who paying for this?

DeHaviLand
10-Jan-12, 21:03
Tell you the truth, I am fed up with the SNP (draconian) especially they aren't listening to anyone views they seem to think everyone is in agreement with them especially when these polls backing them, no one has asked me to take in part in their polls or my views, it seems they have a special group possibly 100% SNP diehards they have the polls with. Scotland economy is in bad shape, businesses going bust, unemployment, local authorities cutting services, SNP government living in cloud cuckoo land, big scottish banks causing the money problems, giving their executives big payouts, also the running of NHS especially if patients have been sent one trust to another trust due to emergencies and special operations then been told to make their own way home. Wee Eck appearing at special events, who paying for this?

Education will hopefully improve in an Independent Scotland!

weezer 316
10-Jan-12, 21:39
Yes the SNP have plans to get the class sizes down to leve.....................ahem.......sorry. Forgot not to mention that.

DeHaviLand
10-Jan-12, 21:54
Yes the SNP have plans to get the class sizes down to leve.....................ahem.......sorry. Forgot not to mention that.

Are you still here? Do you need help with your packing?

EOS
10-Jan-12, 22:19
[QUOTE=Rheghead;919088]Hi welcome to the forum.

Denmark is already storing its wind power in Norway through its extensive pumped storage and importing it when there is no wind.[/QUOTE

The wind power is not being stored it's being used to power water turbines.

In Norway, with its long history of hydropower generation, we find half of Europe`s reservoir capacity. New pumped-storage power plants in connection with existing reservoirs could be part of the solution in securing a reliable energy system.

On windy days, surplus power could be used to pump water from low to high altitude reservoirs. This water could in turn be released to generate power on days when demand is high and wind levels are low. This cycle can be repeated over and over again.

Restlessnative
10-Jan-12, 22:21
If we get independence (please lord please) and we do struggle a bit like Southern Ireland of late..... so what???

Have any of you ever met an Irish person that would rather have the Queen and Cameron in charge?

Think not :D

Oh aye and I think the start of this thread is awful, should be in trouble for that sort of behaviour lek.

Sgitheanach
10-Jan-12, 22:36
If we get independence (please lord please) and we do struggle a bit like Southern Ireland of late..... so what??? Have any of you ever met an Irish person that would rather have the Queen and Cameron in charge?Think not :DOh aye and I think the start of this thread is awful, should be in trouble for that sort of behaviour lek.If we get independance and struggle for a while it will be our doing but at least we can work to make things betterWe can also say we gained independance through peaceful means a rare occurrence in modern times

EOS
10-Jan-12, 22:39
I think your parents need to put a child lock on the computer or maybe you need to grow up just a little bit, I think weezer should not have said that about Nicole Sturgeon it should have been Alex Salmond:lol:

Restlessnative
10-Jan-12, 22:52
you need to grow up just a little bit

Why? What is wrong with my post? Instead of taking a swipe at me try answering the question? Or can yee not?

weezer 316
10-Jan-12, 22:52
You would rather have Salmond than cameron in Charge??????? Can I ask why? Thinking with your heart instead of your head.......or rather not thinking at all actually. I have met irish people who would rather have ANYONE in charge bar the lot that led them into that mess actually, I work with them!!! So put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Shut up about what I said about sturgeon. It was obviosly meant rhetorically not literally. Of course in the mad mind of a nationalist there is no grey, only Blue and White!

Restlessnative
10-Jan-12, 23:06
I work with Irish folks aswell and they are proud as punch having an Irish passport so I'm not sure who you were yarnin till.

But you are a clown as your earlier comments prove, all the best for OZ hope it works out for you in another EX British subject :D

EOS
10-Jan-12, 23:09
Why? What is wrong with my post? Instead of taking a swipe at me try answering the question? Or can yee not?

It was ment for Trajen not you,

Restlessnative
10-Jan-12, 23:13
It was ment for Trajen not you,

my mistake cheers :D

EOS
10-Jan-12, 23:26
I work with Irish folks aswell and they are proud as punch having an Irish passport so I'm not sure who you were yarnin till.

But you are a clown as your earlier comments prove, all the best for OZ hope it works out for you in another EX British subject :D

On STV news tonight in a poll taken today ONLY 29% of people asked want FULL independence thats why the SNP are stalling ,they loose they have nothing it's what they stand for and if you want to( bring it on)you will be happy to bring on the Euro as WELL??? I also work with a couple of guys that live in Ireland and they say pride can be a very expensive thing, Im proud to be Scottish but it does not mean I need to live in independent Scotland.

squidge
10-Jan-12, 23:27
Weezer you asked would we prefer cameron or salmond as leader. Well, Iwant a leader in charge who will do their best for Scotland and its people. The people like me - english: my husband-scottish, my children - some born here some in England, my friends who include polish, english, lebanese, german, french, american, south african, australian, canadian but who all share the fact that this Scotland is where we choose to live, work, play, love, learn and laugh.

I want a leader in charge who strives tirelessly to reduce inequality in
society and who pushes relentlessly for equality of opportunity for
young people, equality of health, good standards of housing and
healthcare.

I want a leader who hears the voices of the weakest and the most
vulnerable and champions their causes. I want a leader who drives businesses to be inventive and to strive for ethical success. I want a
leader who will not kowtow to those who flash their cash or their
knickers in return for avoiding their obligations. I want a leader who
tries to push the rest of the world to take Global Warming Seriously
and shows by example how coutries can work together to reduce CO2
emissions. I want a leader who stands tall on human rights and
responsibilities and can be respected on a world stage without an
unrealistic inflated sense of their own importance.

Salmond or Cameron are both a long way from this, there is not a
politician in the UK that ticks all these boxes but when it comes to
making MY mind up about independance those are the things on my
tick list. Whichever option offers the best chance of a leader or a
system which will tick those boxes will have my vote. Scotland is my
home. Its where my heart is because it is where those I love are. I
want my loved ones to be the best they can be and so I want Scotland
to be the best it can be.

(queue here for the bucket lol)

Restlessnative
10-Jan-12, 23:43
On STV news tonight in a poll taken today ONLY 29% of people asked want FULL independence thats why the SNP are stalling ,they loose they have nothing it's what they stand for and if you want to( bring it on)you will be happy to bring on the Euro as WELL??? I also work with a couple of guys that live in Ireland and they say pride can be a very expensive thing, Im proud to be Scottish but it does not mean I need to live in independent Scotland.

Aye I agree with you I'm of the same thoughts. If we can gain more powers to run the country better it's a good start :D

golach
10-Jan-12, 23:52
I want a leader in charge who strives tirelessly to reduce inequality in
society and who pushes relentlessly for equality of opportunity for
young people, equality of health, good standards of housing and
healthcare.

I want a leader who hears the voices of the weakest and the most
vulnerable and champions their causes. I want a leader who drives businesses to be inventive and to strive for ethical success. I want a leader who will not kowtow to those who flash their cash or their knickers in return for avoiding their obligations.
I want a leader who tries to push the rest of the world to take Global Warming Seriously and shows by example how coutries can work together to reduce CO2 emissions. I want a leader who stands tall on human rights and
responsibilities and can be respected on a world stage without an unrealistic inflated sense of their own importance.

Scotland is my home. Its where my heart is because it is where those I love are. I
want my loved ones to be the best they can be and so I want Scotland
to be the best it can be.

(queue here for the bucket lol)

Squidge as usual you have put my sentiments over well, but tell me where this country is, and I will move there[lol]

squidge
11-Jan-12, 00:02
Squidge as usual you have put my sentiments over well, but tell me where this country is, and I will move there[lol]

I dont know whether we will find its potential in an independant Scotland or a United Kingdom but I make no secret of the fact that I do NOT agree with support or like the direction the coalition government is taking the UK. I wonder though if I choose independance whether Weezer and the others who question the intellect of the SNP supporters, will accuse me of being variously a sheep, gullible, naive, stupid, circus performer like ( or was that another thread? Im starting to get confused with all the insults floating around here :confused ) or will accept thatI have throughly explored the issues that are important to me and made an informed decision. Hmmmm time will tell I guess. But this is a decision which will engage both the heart AND the intellect and to try to disentangle that is to try to plait fog.

secrets in symmetry
11-Jan-12, 00:29
bannokcburn!!
What century are some people living in, we dont run around in kilts waving sords anymore shouting freedom Some of us do!

Indeed, that's exactly what I did on my last visit to Bannockburn. :cool:

hi welcome to the forum.

Denmark is already storing its wind power in norway through its extensive pumped storage and importing it when there is no wind.

the wind power is not being stored it's being used to power water turbines.

In norway, with its long history of hydropower generation, we find half of europe`s reservoir capacity. New pumped-storage power plants in connection with existing reservoirs could be part of the solution in securing a reliable energy system.

On windy days, surplus power could be used to pump water from low to high altitude reservoirs. This water could in turn be released to generate power on days when demand is high and wind levels are low. This cycle can be repeated over and over again.
Yes, that's correct - whether you wish to call that storage (or not) is up to you, but it's called pumped storage by the industry, and that's what I would call it. It's also very good for balancing the grid over short timescales, something that will be needed in spades in the coming years as more renewables come on line. However, it's by no means a panacea, we will need far more serious amounts (and different forms) of energy storage in future. These will, I think, come as part of the vast changes in technology I alluded to earlier.

Weezy, I think I have a whip up in the attic - would you like to borrow it? I'd normally charge by the hour, but this I would like to see - partly because I rather like the idea of you and the deputy wet fish locked in "mortal combat by yelling at each other" (plus the odd lash of a whip). :cool:

ywindythesecond
11-Jan-12, 00:40
I think the legalities are as stated, but give Salmond his way and have his in/out/powers referendum, Then have a proper referendum by asking all of the UK to vote on the Scottish issue.
For goodness sake don't do that!
Instant independence! There are more supporters of Scottish Independence in England than in Scotland because of the way we go on!

Fly
11-Jan-12, 00:43
If there was anything in Nicola Sturgeon (more than what the spoon put) she would have resigned after that fiasco about the man from Glasgow claiming benefits he was not entitled to. Sorry, I forgot, she had to support him as the SNP needs his money.

We don't hear anything from Salmond what the costs of independence will be or what will happen about defence etc. Why?? What does he know that he is not telling us until it is too late??

secrets in symmetry
11-Jan-12, 01:02
Squidge as usual you have put my sentiments over well, but tell me where this country is, and I will move there[lol]Where are you thinking of heading to golach? Like weezy, I'm thinking of Oz. My mate went there a couple of months ago and he loves it - although it didn't stop him coming back for the festive season lol!

I also kinda fancy that PM of theirs. Yes, I know she's one of those that you know you shouldn't fancy, and that grating Ozzie accent on a native English woman with bright red hair (stright out of a bottle) is truly appalling - but I find it (and her ruthlessness) a bit of a turn on!

Shabbychic
11-Jan-12, 01:10
Lol a die-hard tory! Im anything but! Unlike you nationalist sheep I actually consider all parties before casting my vote and the fact I voted tory last election was due to them having the best solution, infact the only solution, to our problems at the moment. It aint football, rememeber that

The SNP appeal to nationalist sentiment will kill this country. Nationalism is great for getting elected, but you cant run a country on it. Ask the Nazis. You need people to blame for it to work.

As for the awards I wouldn't read to much into them. Infact I bet if the Times published a great big article showing how Salmonds numbers dont add up (they dont, so he hides the numbers now) I am sure you would call them a bunch of Murdoch owned cronies.....yet when they dish awards out to your fav popstar.......sorry politician, they are commendable no doubt.

Salmond in the face of a decent debater, which Cameron clearly is, would be a massacre and given a man of camerons intellect it would be painful watch BUT I feel that would be a waste anyway as Cameron will always be portrayed as one of they southern tories who doesnt care about us up here.......

Tell you what weezie lad, you never let me down. You always have me in stitches. The Tommy Cooper of the Org. See if you don't manage to get your degree.....I'm sure you would get a job here (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2084464/Scotland-referendum-Like-need-need-us.html) nae problem.

secrets in symmetry
11-Jan-12, 01:19
Tell you what weezie lad, you never let me down. You always have me in stitches. The Tommy Cooper of the Org. See if you don't manage to get your degree.....I'm sure you would get a job here (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2084464/Scotland-referendum-Like-need-need-us.html) nae problem.Noooo.... Weezy is more libertarian than authoritarian - the Snaily Wail wouldn't employ him.

How do you think he would do in mortal combat with Nicky the Fish? I think she would have a chance.

Shabbychic
11-Jan-12, 01:32
Noooo.... Weezy is more libertarian than authoritarian - the Snaily Wail wouldn't employ him.

How do you think he would do in mortal combat with Nicky the Fish? I think she would have a chance.

Nicky the Fish would put vinegar on him, and have him wae chips.

secrets in symmetry
11-Jan-12, 01:34
Nicky the Fish would put vinegar on him, and have him wae chips.What if he was armed with a whip, and she was wearing shoes that she can't walk in? Surely he would have a chance then?

Shabbychic
11-Jan-12, 01:39
What if he was armed with a whip, and she was wearing shoes that she can't walk in? Surely he would have a chance then?

Think it's time you had a cold shower. Whips and stiletto heels at this time of night. But now you mention it, we could throw in some whipped cream as well.....and some....no that's enough!!

secrets in symmetry
11-Jan-12, 01:47
Think it's time you had a cold shower. Whips and stiletto heels at this time of night. But now you mention it, we could throw in some whipped cream as well.....and some....no that's enough!!Ok, what if weezy was riding a fully grown tyrannosaurus and Nicky had two velociraptors to help her balance on her heels?

Shabbychic
11-Jan-12, 01:57
Ok, what if weezy was riding a fully grown tyrannosaurus and Nicky had two velociraptors to help her balance on her heels?

Whit are you smoking?? More to the point.....whit's your address.

tonkatojo
11-Jan-12, 10:14
For goodness sake don't do that!
Instant independence! There are more supporters of Scottish Independence in England than in Scotland because of the way we go on!

That's true democracy for you's as its a UK issue as well, it could shut the mouths of debate once and for all, legal binding no going back or free trials,sounds good to me.

Surferbill
11-Jan-12, 19:12
I am totally bewildered as why any Scot would vote against indepedence. Scotland is so different to the rest of uk. We are our own country, surely it's what we dream of ,to be free from London rule?

PantsMAN
11-Jan-12, 19:52
Interesting to note - Why, when it WAS in the manifesto, will Cameron not allow a referendum for the British people to decide on staying or leaving the EU.

However, both him and Miliband both feel that they should have the right to decide on the Scottish plebescite though.

Also, why are they not keen to give us the choice of 'Devolution MAX'? That's what the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands have had for years?

weezer 316
11-Jan-12, 20:57
I am totally bewildered as why any Scot would vote against indepedence. Scotland is so different to the rest of uk. We are our own country, surely it's what we dream of ,to be free from London rule?

What?!?!?! Name these differences? Mind we have a common history,culture, language and have found umpteen wars together. What, aside from our accent is "So different"?

You make it sound like a bunch of nazis invading.

John Little
11-Jan-12, 21:21
Interesting to note - Why, when it WAS in the manifesto, will Cameron not allow a referendum for the British people to decide on staying or leaving the EU.

However, both him and Miliband both feel that they should have the right to decide on the Scottish plebescite though.

Also, why are they not keen to give us the choice of 'Devolution MAX'? That's what the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands have had for years?

Because one is about Britain joining an outside organisation/ staying in it.

The other is about the break-up of Britain.

RecQuery
11-Jan-12, 21:24
...Also, why are they not keen to give us the choice of 'Devolution MAX'? That's what the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands have had for years?

The Devolution MAX one is easy, in the past both Labour and the Lib Dems have said they favour such an option. They'd have to argue against it or shut up.

secrets in symmetry
11-Jan-12, 22:22
Whit are you smoking?? More to the point.....whit's your address.It's probably the effect of watching too many episodes of Outnumbered - which is full of great social commentary. :cool:

Restlessnative
12-Jan-12, 14:31
You make it sound like a bunch of nazis invading.

Stop using reference to nazis.

have you got no respect at all ?

Bazeye
12-Jan-12, 15:46
Most folk who have posted on this thread imo, should take a chill pill. Or skin up, at least.

rob murray
12-Jan-12, 16:43
To answer the question posted.....Nicola shut up ! Doesnt she remind you of the kinda kid who was a "perfect" head girl / prefect...the kind that schools love to pull out and show off...the kind that made your teeth water listening to her...the kind that so obviously hero worships Alexai Salmodela to the point that she uses his sarcastic chortling when answering questions...the type of person that makes me want to buy Stroma and declare it a free state..free from the snips...if they get their way I can see caber tossing replacing pool tables, compulsory shite all gaelic radio / tv, worthless euros blah blah blah

Heres a question : what Scotland are they speaking about : Weegie Land or cheucter land.....there is a huge difference in how both camps see Scotland.....isnt there ?

Sgitheanach
12-Jan-12, 16:49
If it wasn't for Scotland the uk would be French or German by now the uk needs us but we don't need them

ducati
12-Jan-12, 19:29
If it wasn't for Scotland the uk would be French or German by now the uk needs us but we don't need them

Go on...I'm up for it. How do you work that out?

weezer 316
12-Jan-12, 21:01
Stop using reference to nazis.

have you got no respect at all ?

Sorry, I am starting to sound like Glenn Beck a bit. Substitute nazi for another generic imperialist mob like the US/UK, or mongols, but the point remains. Such nonsese as "We are our own country, surely it's what we dream of ,to be free from London rule? " makes it sound like we are oppressed and its darfur and they are coming up her raping our women and stealing our land. Its absurd, belongs in the 15th century and quite frankly betrays the hardcore of anti-englishness that the SNP are counting on to win this referendum.

As I said on another thread, the SNP must make the case. They must say where they will be better, why and how and how they outweigh the drawbacks of elabing the union. You know, kinda like they do in civilised countries. Not this utter tosh they have been dribbling recently.

squidge
12-Jan-12, 21:17
As I said on another thread, the SNP must make the case. They must say where they will be better, why and how and how they outweigh the drawbacks of elabing the union. You know, kinda like they do in civilised countries. Not this utter tosh they have been dribbling recently.And what if they do Weezer? What if they make the case? What if they produce real and unequivocal evidence that life could be better as an independant Scotland? How will you feel about that and what difference if any will it make to your own opinions?

ducati
12-Jan-12, 21:26
And what if they do Weezer? What if they make the case? What if they produce real and unequivocal evidence that life could be better as an independant Scotland? How will you feel about that and what difference if any will it make to your own opinions?

This is the kind of issue that any argument won't sway. The Ins don't trust Alex and the SNP and won't believe anything they say. The Outs are too busy running around painting their arses blue to listen to anyone.

weezer 316
12-Jan-12, 21:28
Well if they convince me things will be better then I will vote accordingly! Im not a luddite who backs one party. As I have said on numerous occasions I vote for who I feel has the answers to the probelms we face, and if its the SNP then I will vote SNP.

My problem, as it always has been, is the total lack of a case, some at times outright lies, the fact a large proportion of their supporters are akin to the republican nutters in the US in terms of ignorance (one once told me, semi drunken I must add, that Scotlands oil produced more turnover than London ffs!!) and their appeal to the anti-English sentiment that often goes hand in hand with that ignorance.

Politics is treated too much like football, and you have poeple like corrie who just dont care what the SNP say, they support it and hate the tories and he has hated carmeon since he became PM. Thats an awful attitude to have and I fear my country being run along the lines of such mindless drivel will only lead to utter chaos.

retrodj
12-Jan-12, 21:47
Im really not sure if id vote yes or no. i would need to weigh up the pros and the cons. at the moment im not 100% convinced its a good idea at the moment.

EOS
12-Jan-12, 22:10

YES we all dream of being free from London!!! all the things that don't go to plan it's London's fault it will be MUCH better being told what to do by Brussels ,when you read some of the quote's on this thread it's quite scary to think that the people who wrote them will be deciding this country's future:confused