PDA

View Full Version : is the org slowing down

robby50x
30-Oct-06, 12:23
is the org slowing down or is it my connection .I notice it especially with photos and more so at night time my connection is sometimes reduced to a crawl its probably that there is so many people on the org at night time has anyone else noticed this i am on 2mbit broadband

candyfloss
30-Oct-06, 12:42
I have noticed it with the photo's, but the boards seem ok with us :)

Tickle
30-Oct-06, 12:42
Your pictures will take a while to download on a 2mb connection.

cuddlepop
30-Oct-06, 12:58
Its been like that for a few days now,Is it not just because the connection is so busy.:eek:

Niall Fernie
30-Oct-06, 13:04
The main site has been hammered by visitors since the bad weather on Friday. The main site had 14,500 visitors that day (average is usually just under 9000 per day) and its been about the same each day since with the amount of bandwidth peaking at 5.5 gb (average is about 1.8 gb per day) on Saturday.

The forum smashed the "most users online" record on Friday with 365 of you all on here at one time. The overall visitors on the forum was over 2500 for the day.

JAWS
30-Oct-06, 13:05
It's probably slow when I'm posting one of my diatribes. :roll:

Lavenderblue2
30-Oct-06, 13:31
is the org slowing down or is it my connection .I notice it especially with photos and more so at night time my connection is sometimes reduced to a crawl its probably that there is so many people on the org at night time has anyone else noticed this i am on 2mbit broadband

I am so glad you raised this robby50x - I had some work carried out on my computer recently and I was begining to wonder was it to do with that, although I couldn't think how. It all seemed to start Thursday of last week or maybe a bit before and as you say it was all running painfully slow. Perhaps it was due to the fact that lots and lots of us were relying on our trusty Community web site to keep us up to date with all the bad weather happenings. I was doing the VAT on Thursday and I flitted back and forth to CCWS all day long it was like having a friend at my side - it certainly took the slog ot of the VAT!

LB

Ricco
30-Oct-06, 16:11
Might help if people did something about the size of the pictures they post up - there have been a lot of them lately. ;)

Whitewater
30-Oct-06, 16:17
It's probably slow when I'm posting one of my diatribes. :roll:

I have noticed it being a bit slower as well, but that may just be the answer jaws.

Kirstin
30-Oct-06, 23:12
It has been really slow, and I think since before the storms so thats not the only reason. I have a rather slow connection here and I have to wait a lot longer for the .org pages to come up than I do for any other pages. I wouldn't care if it was just a little slower but it is taking AGES!

paris
31-Oct-06, 13:53
Me to, i thought i may have a virus or something, mines been slow for a while now but no virus detected. jan x:(

scotsman
31-Oct-06, 13:56
IM hitting caithness org with a 10mb internet connection,no probs getting to frontpage,but loading photos even after midnight is very slow!Need a bigger server.

golach
31-Oct-06, 13:56
The main site has been hammered by visitors since the bad weather on Friday. The main site had 14,500 visitors that day (average is usually just under 9000 per day) and its been about the same each day since with the amount of bandwidth peaking at 5.5 gb (average is about 1.8 gb per day) on Saturday.

The forum smashed the "most users online" record on Friday with 365 of you all on here at one time. The overall visitors on the forum was over 2500 for the day.

Niall, the Admin and the Moderators must be doing something right [lol]

ivy
31-Oct-06, 14:53
:mad: yes mine is really slow takes me ages to evan load up on org then sometimes you cant evan get on the forum.

Niall Fernie
31-Oct-06, 15:11
And its at this time when our server is under heavy strain that I point out my reason for the 2 image limit on posts. Its not so bad having images linked to posts from another server (their bandwidth) but when you start having post with lots of images drawn from this server (avatars, smilies, attachments) then we see the slowdowns during the busier periods.