PDA

View Full Version : Computer shop

dozy
29-Oct-06, 20:40
Is the computer shop in the Arcade in Thurso closing..???????

Rheghead
29-Oct-06, 20:59
Yes, there is a sign in the window.

Mr P Cannop
29-Oct-06, 21:24
why is it closing ??

JimH
29-Oct-06, 21:53
If you need computers or repairs or anything else IT wise
Try JEKTEC at Scrabster.
They are good and prices are competitive.

Jeid
29-Oct-06, 23:07
Gametime has already closed its doors for the last time.

ice box
29-Oct-06, 23:16
Cant understand why all the computer shops are closing it's not like theres a short aged of people with computer . but in saying that i get my stuff off the Internet cheaper than there selling them

KILTIECAULDBUM
29-Oct-06, 23:30
Computa-fix in Castletown are very good too!! They also closed their shop in Wick but, now do free house-calls.

Jeid
29-Oct-06, 23:43
Gametime acted more as an internet gaming cafe, rather than a computer repair shop.

jaykay
30-Oct-06, 17:42
If you need computers or repairs or anything else IT wise
Try JEKTEC at Scrabster.
They are good and prices are competitive.

I agree that Jektec are very good. I visited their shop and was pleasantly surprised by the range of computers and spares that they had in stock. They also do not charge for call outs and offer a free pick up and delivery service.

midi2304
30-Oct-06, 18:24
Gametime acted more as an internet gaming cafe, rather than a computer repair shop.

Gametime is shut? That's a big shame. I bought membership purely to support them as I thought it was a worthwhile thing to have in town. I'm not too surprised... How viable is a buisness that requires you to spend 12 * several hundred pounds on upgrading PCs every year or so? Especially in a place like Thurso.

Good idea and it's a shame it went down the pan.