PDA

View Full Version : Rubbish collection.

devon lass
29-Oct-06, 20:15
Hi, can anyone tell me who I call to get some household rubbish removed (old door, window frames etc,) If anyone knows who to contact please could you let me know any help would be great.

changilass
29-Oct-06, 20:17
Call the Service Point at Thurso or Wick, which ever is closest:D

connieb19
29-Oct-06, 20:17
Hi, can anyone tell me who I call to get some household rubbish removed (old door, window frames etc,) If anyone knows who to contact please could you let me know any help would be great.
The council wont pick up that sort of stuff. you'll have to get it to the recycling plant yourself.

Buttercup
29-Oct-06, 20:24

Sorry to tell you that this is classed as DIY waste and council won't pick it up. You've to get it to the tip/recycle centre yourself, they expect everyone to have transport and if you've none, it's a case of it has to litter your garden until it rots away I'm afraid. [mad]

devon lass
29-Oct-06, 20:26
Ive seen neighbours put rubbish like that out and a white truck comes i think on a Wednesday and loads it on the back. I am not sure if you have to pay or not.

Buttercup
29-Oct-06, 20:29
Ive seen neighbours put rubbish like that out and a white truck comes i think on a Wednesday and loads it on the back. I am not sure if you have to pay or not.
Sorry, can't help you there. Maybe best to have a word with your neighbour.