PDA

View Full Version : politics and the state of the country

caithness import
29-Oct-06, 19:35
what wi all this talk of msp's and representation, does anyone feel the same as i do in that politics and politicians just seem to be a big media circus with clowns at the helm. Does anyone feel there is no or little difference between the main policies and that all the main parties err on the side of caution to ensure political correctness and keeping the liberal system happy.

Whats your views on:

crime and punishment - is there a suitable deterent
the war on terror - should we be in another country
education - are schools providing for the future youth
local services - does the council tax justify them
governments, councils and quango's - do they provide for the voter and tax payer
NHS - !!!! is it a system that works
Imigration -
Employment -
Unemployment

I could go on but I fear it'll turn into a rant, I just want to know if there are others out there with a similar feeling of non representation as me...

Rheghead
29-Oct-06, 19:41
Sometimes, politics is a circus because of the clowns running the show, but the media must take a lot of the blame for the circus. They can make a politician look like a dummy just out of sheer nastiness. Take the bbc and Tony Blair for instance, they still hold a grudge because of the Gilligan and David Kelly business. So my advice is just take a step back and judge the politicians out of the what little impartial news coverage that we get from them.

percy toboggan
29-Oct-06, 20:27
what wi all this talk of msp's and representation, does anyone feel the same as i do in that politics and politicians just seem to be a big media circus with clowns at the helm. Does anyone feel there is no or little difference between the main policies and that all the main parties err on the side of caution to ensure political correctness and keeping the liberal system happy.

Whats your views on:

crime and punishment - is there a suitable deterent? - NO!
the war on terror - should we be in another country? No! We stay here (GB) and repusle the invaders and the malcontents.

education - are schools providing for the future youth? No!

local services - does the council tax justify them? No!
governments, councils and quango's - do they provide for the voter and tax payer ? Not Always
NHS - !!!! is it a system that works? For the most part yes!!
Imigration - Don't start me orf !
Employment - Rising, and brewing up a storm within two years.
Unemployment - Rising, and brewing up a storm within two years.

I could go on but I fear it'll turn into a rant, I just want to know if there are others out there with a similar feeling of non representation as me...

Are you in Scotland? If so you seem to have a darn sight more representation than I have down here. So many of the UK's senior Government ministers are Scots with Scottish constituencies one wonders if they're ' ...avin a laff' at England's expense.

p.s. If I were a Scot I might not blame 'em .[smirk]

caithness import
29-Oct-06, 20:43
sounds like we're singin from the same hymn sheet.

I often question what the scottish parliment brings me, apart from added cost. and how much of a joke the building is.

also i can understand how the double standard of scottish constituency politicians voting on English issues seems.

I am a scot though but consider myself british. not a popular thing i know.