PDA

View Full Version : Proposed new parliamentary boundaries ( Westminster.)

Kenn
06-Jan-12, 11:00
I was some what bemused by the proposed boundary changes, the sheer size of the constituency we will be in if they go ahead beggars belief.
Whilst I appreciate they have been worked out to reflect population, obviously there has been no thought given to the logistics of serving people scattered over such a vast area.
Is this yet another case of " There's nothing worth bothering about north of Inverness?"

changilass
06-Jan-12, 15:03
Is this yet another case of " There's nothing worth bothering about north of Inverness?"

Hehe Liz, you are now officially a local.

Corrie 3
06-Jan-12, 18:18
And long may it remain that way........I am so happy I don't have to live in the "Rat Race" that is Inverness and all that is further South!!!
Anyone who doesn't like this solitude knows what they must do!! Please don't try and change things, I love being part of the "Nothing worth bothering about North of Snekky"

C3...............:roll::roll:

david
06-Jan-12, 18:32
And long may it remain that way........I am so happy I don't have to live in the "Rat Race" that is Inverness and all that is further South!!!
Anyone who doesn't like this solitude knows what they must do!! Please don't try and change things, I love being part of the "Nothing worth bothering about North of Snekky"

C3...............:roll::roll:

Agree with you. And for them folks who would see the A9 from Inverness to here upgraded to dual carriageway should think again why they are living here!!

Mr P Cannop
06-Jan-12, 21:22
whats the web link for this ??

Kenn
06-Jan-12, 21:54
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/8759664/MPs-constituencies-boundary-changes-mapped.html

Here's a link that maps the boundary changes Paul.

Kenn
06-Jan-12, 22:03
Corrie and david, whilst I quite agree that one of the main attractions of the area is it's remoteness, never the less there are and will be times that one requires the services of an MP.

I appreciate that being so far from Westminster makes that body seem some what irrelevant but until such time as Scotland goes down the road to independence or not then we require the service of our locally elected politicians.

If the boundary change takes place then the constituency will be more than doubled so local surgeries will become even less regular as it will be physically impossible for one representative to be available on a regular basis.

Mr P Cannop
07-Jan-12, 10:32
any reports

Bobinovich
07-Jan-12, 13:25
The difference Lizz is that, these days, with the speed of e-mail correspondence, I've never found a need for a face-to-face talk with John Thurso. In my experience having being in contact with him quite a few times to air my concernes to this or that I've always received prompt and satisfactory replies and/or action.

Corrie 3
07-Jan-12, 17:50
Corrie and david, whilst I quite agree that one of the main attractions of the area is it's remoteness, never the less there are and will be times that one requires the services of an MP.

I appreciate that being so far from Westminster makes that body seem some what irrelevant but until such time as Scotland goes down the road to independence or not then we require the service of our locally elected politicians.

If the boundary change takes place then the constituency will be more than doubled so local surgeries will become even less regular as it will be physically impossible for one representative to be available on a regular basis.
Lizz, I have found that the best way to get your MP to do anything on your behalf is to bombard them with e-mails. They don't like that and they get your problem sorted PDQ. If they don't then all you have to do is make it public that your MP is ignoring your e-mails and that kicks them up the bum to do something!!!
It is not necessary in this day and age to visit them face to face!!

C3.......:roll:;)

Kenn
08-Jan-12, 11:51
Yes that's fine for those of us who have and know how to use a computer and would be my preferred means of contact, but what about those who do not have that option?
I was very surprised at a recent meeting to discover that many of those present had no such equipment or access to it and some of the older folk were almost frightened by new technology.
When a problem does occur that needs the help of our elected representative, very often it can mean under certain circumstances that said person would either need to discus it face to face or visit to assess the facts for themselves.
How ever if the change goes ahead it will make such a logistical nightmare with the distances that would need to be covered.